Guide to barrows. (4 Prayer potion doses MAX.)

Jakehh

Jake's guide to everyday barrowing!

The aim of this guide is to teach people of my way of barrowing and how to do it.

Inventory, stats and equipment:

guideyk7.png

Suggested equipment:

Farseer Helmet >> Helmet of Neitznot >> Mystic Robe Hat >> Nothing

Amulet of fury >> Amulet of glory >> Amulet of power >> Amulet of magic

Trimmed 99 Cape >> God stole >> 99 Cape >> God Cape >> Obsidian Cape >> Legends Cape

Barrows Gloves >> Any other RFD gloves >> Mystic gloves

Ring of life

Mystic boots >> Dragon boots >> Rune boots >> Climbing boots

Mages Book >>Unholy Book >> Book of balance >> Holy Book

Ahrims robetop >> Mystic robetop

Ahrims robeskirt >> Mystic robe bottom

Suggested stats:

60+ Attack

25+ Defence (If low, 25-40 may need better food; less cost effective)

50+ Strength

55+ Slayer

50+ Magic (60+ Suggested)

50+ Prayer

Inventory info:

4 Prayer potions (Just incase, after lagging I was down to 2hp on karil with 0 prayer)

Holy Wrench (Optional)

Rune platebody (Optional)

Dragon scimitar (Can be changed for any other weapon, please avoid 2H, Battle axes, Hatchet's and low level maces)

Sharks (Can be swapped for: Lobsters, swordfish, monkfish, sea turtles and manta rays. I suggest sharks or monkfish)

Plan of attack:

Doing barrows like this you mantain a low prayer pot usage and a low food usage, good eh?

As we only pray on two or three brothers (Ahrim is optional)

First we go to Dharok, pretty much: Pray, kill leave. Then we go to Karil

if you have 35+ prayer dont use a prayer pot dose. Making sure not to let your prayer go to 15 kill him as you did Dharok.

Then we go to Ahrim, to start with we dont even kill Ahrim with magic. So whip out your ranging gear and kill him with or without prayer depending on your magic and defence level. (Its fine for me in black d'hide at 75 def.) Eat when needed when Ahrim's dead go to Verac we kill verac with no prayer just food and the sidestep routine, the same for Torag aswell. Guthan is different as he'ssuch a pushover because we want to abuse his set effect we put on our melee plate if we brouht it. If not kill him as you did with Verac and Torag. Because you have the melee plate on you would think that you would never hit? Wrong. Because of his mage defence bonus's he's really easy to kill. Eat when needed, use the sidestep if needed and use prayer if it gets bad.

In the tunnels:

Dharok:

If you have dharok in the tunnel you will need to use a prayer potion.

I tend to use the doses up to 40+ prayer points. Kill him with the protection from melee prayer ON at all times. If the face appears check your prayer points! (High Detail only.)

Verac:

Verac is easy. Just kill him as you would if he was in his tomb.

Torag:

Torag is easy. Just kill him as you would if he was in his tomb.

Guthan:

Put your melee plate on. Kill him as if he was in his tomb.

Ahrim:

To be honest I do use the protection from magic prayer when in the tunnels, dont ask why. :P

Karil

Keep your protection from range prayer on at all times. Kill as quick as possible. Safe spots do not work!

After your tunnel brother is dead loot the chest and teleport to your house if 50+ construction with Kharyll teleport portal. If not teleport to lumbridge, recharge your prayer and use your Ectophial or walk to Canifis. Repeat.

The sidestep routine:

This is how you move to hide from either Karil or Ahrim

barrows_sidestep1.jpg

Sidestepping on the melee brothers is easy and rather handy.

barrows_sidestep_torag1.PNG

All you do is simply get to the corner of a coffin and step once past instead of going round the corner the Brother gets stuck. Handy if Guthan hits one of the rare 24's.

Credits:

A bored Jake.

RuneScape knowledge.

And my hob-nob biscuits.

Tip.IT for the sidestepping pictures.

mutilatory.png

rawr.

Yeah...

We should delete all but three top-voted Barrows guides...

TOO MANY!

we should just keep all the barrows guides that explain a certain strategy e.g. dont have more using same things and such, only keep ones that r diff from the rest aka DONT TAKE AWAY MY GUIDE! lol

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

plus with ur guide u mentioned absolutely nothing about kill count, w/o a decent kill count ur loot will be crap 9 times outta 10, e.g. 8+ kc needed for bloods, 9+ kc for bolt racks, so 17 out of 18 trips ull only get deaths, minds, chaos, and gp....... and that sure as heck wont pay for ur expenses

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

Besides, 4 prayer pots is a little much to be honest. Unless you get barrows items pretty often it will not be worth it. I usually don't use prayer doses except if Dharok is in mound. With black dhide/karils you can easily do Ahrim without prayer, and guthan and torag aren't really a challenge either, Verac is a bit harder but shouldn't be a problem with 70+ defence. Karil can be done without prayer too, but it can be really tough, Dharok should Never be fought without prayer.

If you want to fight the Melee brothers/Karil without prayer you need to insert a full melee armor in setup instead of mystic.

In my opinion there is no use for Mystic/Ahrim's in Barrows, it gives mage att bonuses, but they are already low enough to kill them with melee armor (or range armor)

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

I think 90% of the barrow guides in this forum are useless. I have one, I dont think its useless, Azurechaos' guide isnt useless either.

Just read some guides before you make one so you make sure you are not posting something that is already here

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

MUCH better guides out tehre. Search the forum first if you've got nothing new. You don't mention almost anything about tunnel safespots. Sidestepping dosn't really work, as yoy get hit the same. 4 Prayer doses IS INSANE. How do you manage to waste so many?

3/10

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?