dragon scimmy or long

Drfunk12343

I always use dragon long. Mainly because I haven't done the quest though :? . For training, dragon long looks to me as the way to go. However the scimmy owns at pking.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Honestly,when scim was realeased I did what everyone else did,monkey madness and when I got it I kept thinking to myself that it was great.

Later on I realized that I prefer long because I'd rather hit a few bigger numbers rather then lots of small ones. :x

3hitssigfw3.png

for pures i recomend dragon long cause of hits high powered specials

if your not a pure, and your going to a war, pk trip etc. etc. i prefer scimmy, its faster giving them less time to eat, special owns prayer, and can still hit high (21s with 73 str and normal pot)

Well i tested this at castle wars. I find, scimmy is much better. You say that you'd rather hit higher, but the thing is, it only hits like 3 higher anyway. The scimmy is faster, and hits more OFTEN, giving them less time to eat. Also, i find that most of its hits are towards its max for my str level. I found myself hitting 20s regularly with norm pot, and 22s with pray and pot. I even 3 hit a guy 7 levels higher than me....I tried baxe spec and restore pot like that guy said and a super attack pot, and i hit 20+ EVERY TIME.

Hey.

Well i tested this at castle wars. I find, scimmy is much better. You say that you'd rather hit higher, but the thing is, it only hits like 3 higher anyway. The scimmy is faster, and hits more OFTEN, giving them less time to eat. Also, i find that most of its hits are towards its max for my str level. I found myself hitting 20s regularly with norm pot, and 22s with pray and pot. I even 3 hit a guy 7 levels higher than me....I tried baxe spec and restore pot like that guy said and a super attack pot, and i hit 20+ EVERY TIME.

Ya but I'd rather do 23s then a 20 once in a while,3 damage is a lot for me :(

3hitssigfw3.png

does it even matter?

whips are better than either so its rather pointless to even discuss this >.<

Some can't afford whips(i.e. me).Anyways..I love the scim .. fighting against a ranger I totally owned him.20-30's without missing once then speced and he died.The spec isn't as great as long though(damage-wise)I hit 37's with long and 30's with scim.

• 1 year later...
I would use a d scimmy because it's faster than a d long an hits just as high. Athough, a d long's special is much better.

Taking a dragon dagger along with you while training isn't the worst idea ever. Switch over to spec then hit the scim again for higher, more consistant hits.

:ohnoes:

give it a week prices down to 10m easy... month down to 5... :-k

sum1 quote me on that and see in a month lol :ohnoes:

-December 6.

I never lost any spears to ppl i went with. My internet providers are backstabbing pixel huggers though.

I would use a d scimmy because it's faster than a d long an hits just as high. Athough, a d long's special is much better.

Taking a dragon dagger along with you while training isn't the worst idea ever. Switch over to spec then hit the scim again for higher, more consistant hits.

Hmm...good idea. Why didn't i think of that? :oops:

dragonmbnaval,sorryimlate2.gif

untitledxu0.png Go Leafs Go!!\:D/

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are created equal"

Hmm...good idea. Why didn't i think of that? :oops:

ehh, do you train a lot? as a pure, i find that the best way to train melee stats, though with 60 att and 59 str, i don't train them much.

now, with magic and ranged, you can't really fight the fact taht high-alching's the best for magic and pc is best for ranged (if you're a strong ranger).

:ohnoes:

give it a week prices down to 10m easy... month down to 5... :-k

sum1 quote me on that and see in a month lol :ohnoes:

-December 6.

I never lost any spears to ppl i went with. My internet providers are backstabbing pixel huggers though.