should there be a new skill?

mcr401

Personally I think yes.

Any of the suggested things sounds neat, engineering, summoning, taming, they all suit me.

I would love some skills to be used in player killing though. ( like with hunter you can see the foot tracks of people in 40+ wildy for some time, the time will be longer if your hunter is higher.

or with thieving, so you have a slight chance that you might steal one food of the enemy during a fight. )

idea is great! lol

ÃÆÃââââ‰â¬

Personally I think yes.

Any of the suggested things sounds neat, engineering, summoning, taming, they all suit me.

I would love some skills to be used in player killing though. ( like with hunter you can see the foot tracks of people in 40+ wildy for some time, the time will be longer if your hunter is higher.

or with thieving, so you have a slight chance that you might steal one food of the enemy during a fight. )

idea is great! lol

I like this idea as well, I would love for my non-combat skills to actually mean something in combat situations.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

Personally, I'd prefer updates/revisions to older and more venerable skills (little do we know how important Mining really is) before we got a new one. To me, there's no point in putting out something new when something old could really use a facelift.

I only want a new skill if it is properly bug-tested and fully developed, unlike the half-baked POS called Hunter.

Proper bug testing only comes when the code is exposed to more than the company itself, so that means on the day of release.

Besides, Hunter isn't half-baked...at least I don't think so...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Personally, I'd prefer updates/revisions to older and more venerable skills (little do we know how important Mining really is) before we got a new one. To me, there's no point in putting out something new when something old could really use a facelift.

I only want a new skill if it is properly bug-tested and fully developed, unlike the half-baked POS called Hunter.

Proper bug testing only comes when the code is exposed to more than the company itself, so that means on the day of release.

Besides, Hunter isn't half-baked...at least I don't think so...

Well, the implings did a lot for Hunter, but on the day of its release, it was very underdeveloped. I mean, the final thing you unlocked with it was in the low 70s... That's half-baked, in my opinion.

td2sig.jpg

There already is a thread like this in questionaries subforum there I posted the same suggestion I'm gonna post here :wink: .

The skill I thought about was taming:

-Use the animals you catch with hunter(maybe few new ones).

-Build animal shelters for them with the construction skill.

-Feed these beasts with the food obtained with farming(sweetcorn or something else).

-Milk some animals and use the stuff you get as 2nd ingredient in herblore (and if you kill it maybe also some other parts of the beast, like horns/hearth ).

-Kill them, and take off the hides, tan them and craft some Armour.

-Use the eggs from the birds you hold for cooking some nice cakes/pies.

And maybe some new future updates:

-Make your own lake near your house and hold some of the fish you catch (maybe first hold them in a water filled bucket)

-Fletch a strong bow with the horns of some animals (and maybe use their wool, or sinews as string).

And can think of lots more, shouldn't that be a nice update?

Very Nice =D> :thumbsup: That'd be really fun.

10gfhah.jpg

jojosonofgod.gif

jojosonofgod.png

I honestly think that there is no need for a new skill, at the moment at least...

Though in the future, I think maybe a new skill wouldn't hurt, or just a new section into a skill, like the suggested Archaeology skill, could just be a section of the Mining skill. Or necromancy could actually be a fourth spellbook for the Magic skill.

Special Thanks to 4be2jue for making this wonderful sig!

wizardyc5.png

How many of those wanting a new skill actually HAVE a maxed skills account (2277 total)? Enough said.

Just to not be a killjoy, how about skills that make sense to be introduced into Runescape such as one to make mage armour? Come on Jagex, they've been waiting for years now... Rangers can use tanned skins with crafting and warriors always had smithing yet mages were always forced to either find or buy their armour, excluding the rune cost since this was heavily reduced thanks to Runecrafting (very needed). Tailoring, weaving, spellcraft... Call it whatever you want you know it makes sense to be added.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I'd rather see improvements on existing skills... -.-

+1

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

I want improvements on existing skills first.

I think mining/smithing needs some sort of good update (dragon pick please?)

Maybe another alternate way of training agility (Like the skullball course, its a different way to do things)

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)