They should have a "free members day"

hobobob7

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, first off, the god damn f2p noobs would overrun and basically KICK OUT the members of their OWN member worlds. Secondly, this would mean that those 28/30/31 days of a month we pay for would only be 27/29/30. Thirdly, f2ps do NOT deserve the right to get a "member-world free" day, because they don't pay, so they shouldn't get it. Got it?

Honestly, all you sound like to me is just another f2p noob who refuses to pay a lousy 5 bucks a month for members.

:roll:

P.S. And before you throw in that "Well, it could reset!" excuse, don't. Yeah, it would reset the f2p's stuff, but all the members would be driven out of their own coal/fish/trees/etc, which, FYI, WOULD NOT be reset.

Most people dont pay for members because they have better stuff to do in life than be on runescape all the time. If these people acually got to see members world they might be convinced to join. Also it would only be one day that the members would have to be "driven out" of their training areas. All in all I think this idea is unnecessary and if anything it would just make members more crowded, I just like to bring up arguements :wink: .

And if this did happen it should happen A LOT more rare than once a month

To bad it will never happen.

Ok, first off, the god damn f2p noobs would overrun and basically KICK OUT the members of their OWN member worlds. Secondly, this would mean that those 28/30/31 days of a month we pay for would only be 27/29/30. Thirdly, f2ps do NOT deserve the right to get a "member-world free" day, because they don't pay, so they shouldn't get it. Got it?

Honestly, all you sound like to me is just another f2p noob who refuses to pay a lousy 5 bucks a month for members.

P.S. And before you throw in that "Well, it could reset!" excuse, don't. Yeah, it would reset the f2p's stuff, but all the members would be driven out of their own coal/fish/trees/etc, which, FYI, WOULD NOT be reset.

Most people dont pay for members because they have better stuff to do in life than be on runescape all the time. If these people acually got to see members world they might be convinced to join. Also it would only be one day that the members would have to be "driven out" of their training areas. All in all I think this idea is unnecessary and if anything it would just make members more crowded, I just like to bring up arguements :wink: .

And if this did happen it should happen A LOT more rare than once a month

If they had better stuff to do they wouldn't be whining over it.They wouldn't be playing any form of rs period...I love how people on tip.it try to make sense out of the senseless.

OH and members pay...you can't drive members off their servers for people who don't pay...

Personally, I think that it might help to attract more members, but there is no way it would be possible to allow them onto the p2p worlds for a day. When you consider how many people are on runescape at every given time, (just on average) and consider how many more people have accounts but aren't online, I expect it would be a freaking huge number. I expect alot more people would go on RS that day specifically just because of that, so there would probably be 10X as many people trying to get on rs as usual. Plus there is the whole members-getting-swarmed-by-noobs thing.

I think if they did do something like this, it should be a random event like the mysterious old man, just ALOT rarer, and when you get it, you get 5 hours or something like that free on members worlds. You get to keep exp that you get, but everything is capped at lvl 2 or 3, and you can't do any quests, or purchase any items/trade for any items. That way it wouldn't overload the members servers, or swarm the members with noobs, because jagex could control how many people get it each day by increasing or decreasing the chances of getting the random event.

This way you would actually have to be playing the game to get the ability to log onto a members world, not just have an account. The more you play runescape, the better your chances of getting it, and chances are that the more somebody plays runescape, the better the chance of them deciding to become a member.

They would pretty much be limited to exploring, seeing what quests are available without actually being allowed to do them, as well as testing the members skills to see what they are like. (hence the lvl 2 or 3 limit)

i know this will never happen but heres a more realistic idea

U take you stats and go to the p2p world, but not with the reg p2p, special free-p2p worlds so not to bother the regular p2pers, they could go around do quests, train and all that good stuff, but then at the end of the day all xp gained on the member worlds would not be tranfored back to the regular f2p worlds making the time basically usuless...i would still do that tho :lol:

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

I understand. But just think, werent you a F2P player once before you became P2P? Think about your past, and not completely about your present.

Don't even try to use your pathetic sympathy act to try to win our hearts and sorrow for you.

I feel not one ounce of sympathy for f2p members...you know why? Because when I was "once that f2p player" I KNEW I was using f2p as the "Hmmm...do I want to get members?" device. I KNEW that f2p was ALL I was getting until I bought members...and guess what. I got members.

It's all a matter of whether or not you can get your lazy self up to grab a telephone or a credit card, and use 5 dollars and 5 minutes of your precious time to buy it. It's. Not. That. Difficult, people!

U take you stats and go to the p2p world, but not with the reg p2p, special free-p2p worlds so not to bother the regular p2pers, they could go around do quests, train and all that good stuff, but then at the end of the day all xp gained on the member worlds would not be tranfored back to the regular f2p worlds making the time basically usuless...i would still do that tho :lol:

Yeah, that sounds all fine and dandy at first glance. But think about this. Did the previous p2pers get a "once a month free member world" before they became p2p? NO. So why the hell should you?

Look, I understand you REALLY want to see what p2p is like...but quite honestly, you JUST DON'T DESERVE IT. You don't pay. All you do is gripe until you'e blue in the face. We pay, and we're happy with what we have, because we pay for it. You should too.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Jagex should have a day, maybe 1 day each month, where f2p players can log on to members worlds. Just to give a tast of what they will get when they subscribe.

how about NO, free play noobs would have a full day to buy a bronze halberd and get in everyone elses way, it would just be chaos.

Maybe so we wouldnt get completely over run, every account on f2p that has been around for 4 months or so, is entitled to 6 hours of p2p, they wouldnt be able to trade every stat would be brought to whatever it was when it started, and dont say that they don't deserve it, Jagex is a business etc. This is good way to get people to join members with little expense, apart from those stuck up members who couldnt bare to rub elbows with those little paupers. :lol: .

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

^^Niiice :-D

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

Maybe so we wouldnt get completely over run, every account on f2p that has been around for 4 months or so, is entitled to 6 hours of p2p, they wouldnt be able to trade every stat would be brought to whatever it was when it started, and dont say that they don't deserve it, Jagex is a business etc. This is good way to get people to join members with little expense, apart from those stuck up members who couldnt bare to rub elbows with those little paupers. :lol: .

...Its not that members hate f2p for being f2p..... its that they act like noobs!!! ever been to world 1 lumbridge? hmmmm? IT WOULD BE LIKE THAT FOR MOST OF THE MEMBERS WORLD!!! :roll:

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

I understand. But just think, werent you a F2P player once before you became P2P? Think about your past, and not completely about your present.

Don't even try to use your pathetic sympathy act to try to win our hearts and sorrow for you.

I feel not one ounce of sympathy for f2p members...you know why? Because when I was "once that f2p player" I KNEW I was using f2p as the "Hmmm...do I want to get members?" device. I KNEW that f2p was ALL I was getting until I bought members...and guess what. I got members.

It's all a matter of whether or not you can get your lazy self up to grab a telephone or a credit card, and use 5 dollars and 5 minutes of your precious time to buy it. It's. Not. That. Difficult, people!

Yeah, that sounds all fine and dandy at first glance. But think about this. Did the previous p2pers get a "once a month free member world" before they became p2p? NO. So why the hell should you?

Look, I understand you REALLY want to see what p2p is like...but quite honestly, you JUST DON'T DESERVE IT. You don't pay. All you do is gripe until you'e blue in the face. We pay, and we're happy with what we have, because we pay for it. You should too.

Hehe, again outsanity, Nice :-D ^^

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Hehe, again outsanity, Nice :-D ^^

Lol...normally I try to cut out the anger in all of my posts, but this suggestion was so incredibly bogus I just couldn't keep my cool. Sorry about that. :wink:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

If this happened, I would flee too:

Regicide Area

Underground Pass

Shilo Village

And that place in "The Holy Grail".

99% free of f2p (100% for regicide...)

But I don't like the idea...

ozXHe7P.png

Lol. When I read the first post, I thought it was an honest suggestion (that should be replied by honest answers), not a thread to invite all those EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL ( :roll: ) p2p'ers out there to come here and whine their cabbages off about f2p that shouldn't get anything because they don't pay for it...

This is the best laugh I have had in ages. I agree with you that, if f2p'ers want something, they should become p2p, but putting it like this is just cabbage. Let me explain to you why I myself refuse to become p2p:

1) I don't have nearly as much "free" (don't mind the pun :lol: ) time on my hands to become members, as much as I'd like to. I am in college right now, and I can play about 2 hours during the week, and maybe 4 during the weekends. Now, you can say what you want, but I want my money's worth if I am to become members (which I would not get now).

2) I find f2p far more of a challenge to me.

I can assure you that there are thousands more that feel the same way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the idea, I myself find that it would do no good; it would only "damage" p2p'ers (as has been mentioned by some). Furthermore, I find that there is already enough of an incentive to become members.

~Mardvk

P.S. This post is not directed at anyone in particular, but is ment for the general public. And, of course, no flaming intended. Have a nice day.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

This is the best laugh I have had in ages. I agree with you that, if f2p'ers want something, they should become p2p, but putting it like this is just cabbage. Let me explain to you why I myself refuse to become p2p:

1) I don't have nearly as much "free" (don't mind the pun :lol: ) time on my hands to become members, as much as I'd like to. I am in college right now, and I can play about 2 hours during the week, and maybe 4 during the weekends. Now, you can say what you want, but I want my money's worth if I am to become members (which I would not get now).

2) I find f2p far more of a challenge to me.

I can assure you that there are thousands more that feel the same way.

Well sure, that's reasonable. If you won't get your money's worth then I understand 110% why you wouldn't pay the 5 dollars. But for those who DO have the time AND the money, they should just whip out their card or phone and buy it. For those less fortunate, I'm sorry, but Jagex IS a company, one that needs money, and one that does all the work and decides things based on the popular census. Since giving the members world for nothing to free players once a month would affect US, they'd naturally value OUR opinions more than yours. So, what do you think the general member consensus would be about it? Exactly.

Members in intended to be an exclusive thing that only paying people can access. This is how it was meant to be, and how it will stay. Sorry to any f2pers that disagree, but it's the truth.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I'd like to make a suggestion here...

Perhaps they could make a seperate server with all the p2p benefits, which f2p people could visit on a "time limited" trial. A day or a certain number of hours etc...

Any exp or items gained on this server would not be saved on the account once you logged out, but it would at least give people a chance to sample what was on offer, without overloading the other P2P servers.