Smith Idea: Refined Bars (more exp)

Sinless_Hero

Heres a third edit of my idea, since no one can seem to comprehend it:

After you smelt ores in a bar, you should be able to smith it into a refined bar, then smith it again into whatever item you wanted to make. This would add a bonus 5exp for anyone that is willing to spend the extra time.

I believe this would help balance out smithing more, due to the fact that it is a very slow leveling skill, if not ridiculously expensive.

and please, for all that is good and right in the world, THINK HARD before you post what you think the effects of this will be.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

What exactly is the point in this? As far as I can tell all this does is add 5 xp to each bar smelted and smithed. You might as well have just come on here and said "raise the exp plz" lol.

No support.

I don't support it.

Seriously, I don't know what your trying to say.

From what I see is that you want to raise smithing experiance points to make smithing a lot easier.

If smithing gets too easy to level then there is no point training this skills since everyone can smith rune.

This will end up changing from a useful skill to a useless skill.

As years goes by full rune prices have dropped in millions.

Nowadays lots of players can smith them, so the prices have drop to less than 200,000 coins each set of full rune.

If more players are able to smith them, sooner or later the price will be around 150,000 coins each set of full rune.

You might think that "It's ok. As long as I can smith full rune I'm rich.", but you didn't know that your making more losses than earn when you can smith them.

I'll stop here.

You should be smart enough now.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

I don't support it.

From what I see is that you want to raise smithing experiance points to make smithing a lot easier.

If smithing gets too easy to level then there is no point training this skills since everyone can smith rune.

Nowadays lots of players can smith them, so the prices have drop to less than 200,000 coins each set of full rune.

If more players are able to smith them, sooner or later the price will be around 150,000 coins each set of full rune.

You might think that "It's ok. As long as I can smith full rune I'm rich.", but you didn't know that your making more losses than earn when you can smith them.

I'll stop here.

I doubt that's a reflection on the smithing skill, which, by and far is useless any more. Instead, it is a reflection on level 3 treasure trails, which bring an extremely massive amount of rune armours into the game.

nh.jpg

agreed, that makes no sense. It would not effect prices of armor or quantities in ANY way. simply put, this is offering people that are willing to spend the extra time some bonus experience.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

I don't support it.

I'll stop here.

I doubt that's a reflection on the smithing skill, which, by and far is useless any more. Instead, it is a reflection on level 3 treasure trails, which bring an extremely massive amount of rune armours into the game.

agreed, that makes no sense. It would not effect prices of armor or quantities in ANY way. simply put, this is offering people that are willing to spend the extra time some bonus experience.

To Mchainmail: At least you know half of it.

Jagex spoil FTP rune equipment market after making PTP.

The other half of it is smithers smith them.

So ended up rune equipment prices dropped rapidly.

If players where to keep suggesting that smithing experiance points to increase, then what is the point of smithing in the end?

Every player can smith rune then do you think players out there still need to buy them?

All rune sellers will end up begging to sell their rune equipments.

All rune equipments have again dropped 5,000 coins each type not long ago.

Rune equipments prices will not last long.

It will keep dropping and stop near high alchemy price.

To Sinless hero: You haven't answer my question.

Can change your first post to a more appropreate 1?

I don't really understand what your trying to say.

What I know is that you just want it to stay the same for the first sentance.

The second sentance is that you want 5 extra experiance points for smithing a bar and another 5 extra experiance points for smithing a bar into a equipment.

FTP player.

Goal:

~So essentially, you want Smithing to be faster, so you want too boost the Experience given per Bar? Smithing was meant to be a hard Skill, not a super-fast one, so No.~

OMG. How, in any way whatsoever, would this make smithing faster? It would simply save money and take LONGER.

LONGER: The opposite of SHORTER

yeah. not. assuming you smith mith bars until 99, 5 xtra xp per bar would get you an extra 2m xp. for the effort of not getting all those mith ores, the extra time i'd think would be worth it.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

Players' can just bring their bars to the anvil and just smith them into refined bars for +5 smithing experiance points.

After smithing bars into refined bars players' can straight away smith those refined bars in equipments without any effort.

There's no time wasting in it.

Smelting bars: Long distance.

Smithing bars: Short distance.

Refined bars: No distance.

FTP player.

Goal:

It would take twice as long for the extra 5 exp per bar.

Smith full load of unrefined bars for the 5 exp each, then smith the whole load of refined bars again for the normal exp. twice as long, extra exp.

Like i said, spend more time, get more exp.

It would take twice as long for the extra 5 exp per bar.

Smith full load of unrefined bars for the 5 exp each, then smith the whole load of refined bars again for the normal exp. twice as long, extra exp.

Like i said, spend more time, get more exp.

Agreed partially.

The time wasted as you said doesn't count as waste time.

It's counted as smithing time.

For smelting bars and smithing bars there walking time = wasting time.

Smithing refined bars got no walking time = no wasting time.

This time round you should really know that theres no wasting time for refining bars.

Somemore if you where to smelt and smith bronze bars from level 1 - 99 smithing level it will give an extra of 2.715M experiance points.

Everyone will be buying bronze bar and refining and smithing them rather than smithing other bars.

FTP player.

Goal:

you make a good point, but isnt it similar in every other skill? people could burn willows to 99 firemaking if theyre willing to spend the extra time and not as much money.