Not again.. In Europe this time. School massacre+Youtube vid

BlueLancer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on the news here.

No offence to the victims or their families, but I'm not surprised that it's not going to be on everywhere. People die of gun crime often. I'd hasten a guess that something like 8 people could die at the hands of a gun of an ordinary day around the world quite easily. It's only a news story because it happened all at the hands of one person and it's inevitably going to be Finnish centered news because it happened there.

I wouldn't say that's the same. In your example it's just a person walking around killing random people in, say, a city. People he doesn't know at all; he doesn't have any form of relationship with any them, it's just random people. However, a kid walking into school with a handgun shooting at his fellow students and teachers with the intention to kill them, that's a whole different level of messed up. Even if he doesn't know them all, he at least recognises a vast majority of them, and has probably spoken to some of them at least once.

Personally, I'd have less qualms with shooting a guy I've never seen before in my life, than I would shooting a person I've seen everyday for several years, and spoken to, even if it's just a "hello" or whatever and even if it just happened one time.

So yeah, I definitely think this deserves media coverage. People should be aware of what's happened. Just like Virginia Tech and the Columbine shootings. I know more people died there, but if this guy had perhaps planned it a bit better, maybe had an accomplice and more guns, it could've been just as many victims. In my opinion, all school shootings should be treated the same.

I can definately see that side to it, but as a viewer, I'm not going to be duped into thinking that what I'm watching is the most meaningful just because it made it on the news. I value 8 lives all the same, irrespective of their relationships with the other victims and/or perpetrator.

It's kinda weird how that guy thinks he's going to purge the world or something.

Well, I can actually see some sense to it, considering he purged himself from it. He was the "natural selector" afterall.

Speaking of, I thought this article was kind of interesting: ed-online.com/index.php?/behmnr/article/4057/]http://www.[bleep]ed-online.com/index.php?/behmnr/article/4057/

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

the thing is, each time these massacre's are over the news, crazy kids hear this, these are the kids that are bullied and discriminated over looks, it enspires them to do the same, these killings seem to have a way of creating an army of suicide killers.

put it like this:

1 massacre - inspires more massacres - these inspire ALOT more massacres.

the more the news shows these, the more bullied kids become inspired by them.

ever notice in movies that, it is the bullied kids that become killers, the neglected ones, if the news didnt tell us oo much about these, if bullies stopped, if parents payed attention to these kids, no kids would be inspired by this.

dont get me wrong, i do blame the killers themself, but it isnt just there fault.

take me as an exaple:

im hated by everyone at my school - bullied.

when i tell the teachers when people call me names, when im hit , they ignore my cry for help - neglected

now when i hit the bully to make them leave me alone - is it ALL my fault?

even when people ignored my cry for help?

when the bullying wouldnt stop?

no it isnt JUST the killers fault - he is only a part of it.

prehaps he was bullied, like me, told but ignored, like me, hit people to stop them but it carried on, like me, then what choice did he have.

it was also the bullies and the teachers, prehaps if teachers didnt care about there wallet over students, prehaps if they did something about bullies not just physical bullying but emotional too, lives would have been saved.

it wasnt just the killer (he was mentally unstable) it was also the bullies and teachers, and maybe parents too.

no, im not defending the killer - only mentioning what might have been the root of the problem, and what could have stopped it.

im trying to figure out what he thought he could acomlish by doing this (i find phycology (sp?) intressting!)

the thing is, each time these massacre's are over the news, crazy kids hear this, these are the kids that are bullied and discriminated over looks, it enspires them to do the same, these killings seem to have a way of creating an army of suicide killers.

put it like this:

ever notice in movies that, it is the bullied kids that become killers, the neglected ones, if the news didnt tell us oo much about these, if bullies stopped, if parents payed attention to these kids, no kids would be inspired by this.

dont get me wrong, i do blame the killers themself, but it isnt just there fault.

take me as an exaple:

when i tell the teachers when people call me names, when im hit , they ignore my cry for help - neglected

prehaps he was bullied, like me, told but ignored, like me, hit people to stop them but it carried on, like me, then what choice did he have.

it was also the bullies and the teachers, prehaps if teachers didnt care about there wallet over students, prehaps if they did something about bullies not just physical bullying but emotional too, lives would have been saved.

it wasnt just the killer (he was mentally unstable) it was also the bullies and teachers, and maybe parents too.

no, im not defending the killer - only mentioning what might have been the root of the problem, and what could have stopped it.

im trying to figure out what he thought he could acomlish by doing this (i find phycology (sp?) intressting!)

The grammar was bad but I couldn't agree more with that post.

By being a bully, hitting, insulting kids like this.. By being a neglecting parent/teacher... You create serial killers.

Did someone really think someone with no friends who has been bullied all his life will just "suck it up" as if he's an emotionless robot?

Block out all good and happy memories you have that involve your friends/family/girlfriend/any other person you knew. Not very much good stuff remains, huh?

In that situation your mind gets filled with hateful and angry memories & thoughts. The killer wasn't born that way. While he was a serial killer, he was also a victim of his overly cold emotional/psychological environment.

[hide]

put it like this:

take me as an exaple:

The grammar was bad but I couldn't agree more with that post.

By being a bully, hitting, insulting kids like this.. By being a neglecting parent/teacher... You create serial killers.

Did someone really think someone with no friends who has been bullied all his life will just "suck it up" as if he's an emotionless robot?

Block out all good and happy memories you have that involve your friends/family/girlfriend/any other person you knew. Not very much good stuff remains, huh?

In that situation your mind gets filled with hateful and angry memories & thoughts. The killer wasn't born that way. While he was a serial killer, he was also a victim of his overly cold emotional/psychological environment.

[/hide]

Yup that's the way it is.

It's a chain actually. the guy who bullies has to have some issues already. Hm... those killers basically are a destillation of all that is dysfunctional in our society. Like doctors and lawyers are the destill of the education system. They don't invent medicine or the law. It's a bit "Brave New World" without a master plan behind it. It's a kinda scary thought.

I like the way you are thinking, Lancer. With that in thought it becomes hard to judge people. How do we know how their lives are. (Right now i am thinking about all this Emo bashing)

And about "What the killer thought to accomplish".. I think basically he wanted to express his anger (wich he did in a very clear way - he definitely accomplished to make a statement about how he felt). Everything else are just poor attempts at justifying his actions to himself.

did he have a pet?

im guessing not, mainly becuase, if he did it might have stopped him doing such things,

he might have thought like me thinking "if i do this im leaving my dog forever, he might think i hate him when i dont!" that 1 thought might have been able to stop him...

the reason for me thinking this is becuase that is the thought that prevented me from suicide.

ps: sorry about my grammar, english is one of my worse subjects :roll:

There was one writing (forgot where) that he played BF2 and that was one reason for the shooting (because you shoot people in the game).

I just found this guys account info from EA. He had played 1 hour 35 minutes with total 10 points and about 0.12 k/d ratio (5 kills, 43 deaths).

Tonde_Fin.gif

ubda1805wx6.gif

did he have a pet?

im guessing not, mainly becuase, if he did it might have stopped him doing such things,

he might have thought like me thinking "if i do this im leaving my dog forever, he might think i hate him when i dont!" that 1 thought might have been able to stop him...

the reason for me thinking this is becuase that is the thought that prevented me from suicide.

ps: sorry about my grammar, english is one of my worse subjects :roll:

Wow.. my girlfriend really loves her dog too, i honestly dont understand maybe because i have a cat. Stay positive!

NICKELEY102.png

IMHO, that's the kind of thinking that ends up creating these situations; Not holding kids responsible for their own actions, but insisting on talking about "other factors" is what creates the problem in the first place.

Recent example around where I live (that'd be same country, I don't live that close, anyways); A 16 and a 17 year old guy were arrested charged with - englishtermenglishterm - conspiracy to commit murder. They discussed what kind of weapons they'd use in shooting people in school, they watched a video of the Columbine massacre and refered to them as cool (Ring any bells?), and they were overheard making death threats to the principal. Now one of these strapping young lads had been suspended previously for threatening a girl in his class with a knife.

An event that was not reported to the police, because they believed the suspension was sufficient punishment. The school essentially excused a serious offense, and brougth in counselling and whatnot.

In attempting to create an understanding society, we seem to have managed to create a society in which we fail to teach a fair amount of kids that their actions have consequences, their choices are their own responsibility. As long as we start blaming other people than the guy who brought a gun to his school, we're just making the same excuses that let's the guys' bullies get away with it. He's not a victim.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif