Not again.. In Europe this time. School massacre+Youtube vid

BlueLancer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched a lot even on native Finnish sites, but I never found an explanation as to what led to his massive anger. All I found was him saying he has 'suffered', but I don't know if that's physical abuse, neglection, witnessing something way too horrible etc.

Now that he's dead there's no way to find out though, unless someone comes forward to explain.

Last night... I was researching Columbine and found an article about the Columbine Massacre RPG. I was up all night playing it until about 6am. I went to bed and had to wake up at 8am for school <.<

What the hell? That game can't provide more than an hour worth of gameplay (really, not even that), how on Earth could you stay up playing such a bad game? Don't you have others?

My condolences to the families.

*sigh* here come the "violent videogames" accusations and late night news shows "what REALLY happened" and conspiracy theories.

I remember in the thread about Virginia Tech here, a guy commented that this kind of stuff doesn't happen in Europe and Australia. It must be a problem with America. Well, I'm sorry to say, its not only america and its certainly not a happy event. I feel really sorry. I believe its the 3rd major shooting this decade.

And it's the first in Finland's entire History, and an extreme rarity in Europe. Virginia Tech was horrible, yes, but let's not be so quick to suggest the problem here is the same as in America.

Not the first, first happened 20years ago.

I personally think people are reading way too much into this. More than one person is being shot as we speak. It happens, it's going to keep happening. It's been happening for years now. There's probably not much you or anyone else can do about it. Not sure what continuously talk about it is going to solve but, enjoy yourselves.

Everybody please dont report this but I just HAVE to say it.

WHY THE F*CK DO THEY SELL GUNS TO F*CKING [developmentally delayed]?!

Ok, sorry guys I just HAD to say it. I was pretty terrified earlier because my friend lives in the same city this happened. I wasn't sure was it the same school, but you can think about that.

It's so weird this kind of things happen in our "safe" little Finland, and hope this kind of things won't encourage others to same things.

Best wishes to all of the people who has anything to do with the massacre, to any parents, victims, everyone, hope you will be fine. :pray:

It's pretty easy to get a firearm through other means.

I heard that he got the gun from some sort of a shooting club. He got it just few days ago.

Last time something like this happened in finland almost 20 years ago (1989)

Today is the official memory day for the victims. Lots of silent moments, the flags have been moved to the middle of the flagpole all over Finland.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

It's definitely not a fake, Dagbladet is the norwegian equal of Guardian...

Those comments are idiotic. "Do it *****"

Did these kids ever think there are people in the world who will do what they say?

^ I read on Wikipedia that he was depressed and that he took some depression pills that weren't effective apparently.

They were probably too effective. Medicine that's taken for depression in its first phase has the effect of making the person more active (depressed people are more or less unwilling to engage in any sort of activity), without eliminating the 'crazy' thoughts yet. So you have someone that's still having these depressive thoughts, but suddenly ready to act on them. Most depressed people attempt suicide in this phase. This is why, after they start medication they should be kept on close watch so they wouldn't hurt themselves or others. If they get over this initial phase successfully and they continue with the medication, they have high chances of getting better.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

I searched a lot even on native Finnish sites, but I never found an explanation as to what led to his massive anger. All I found was him saying he has 'suffered', but I don't know if that's physical abuse, neglection, witnessing something way too horrible etc.

Now that he's dead there's no way to find out though, unless someone comes forward to explain.

I tried to explain in every of my posts.. It's maybe a bit tricky though. Did you never have anger without direction? Or felt useless, felt nobody understands you, felt neglected in some way, felt that you need something, but you just can't put your finger on what it is?

Meh.. i started to write this post a couple of hours ago then i was interrupted.

Anyway.. i don't think the motives are terrible hard to understand. Basically the same for people who commit suicide and for those incidents where you get into a mean dispute with a person, where you don't even know the reason for it afterwards.

I thought that there would be a buzz about this all over my school. Like, maybe some of the flags would be half-staffed or something.

Nobody seemed to notice...:|

Not even on the news here....

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I thought that there would be a buzz about this all over my school. Like, maybe some of the flags would be half-staffed or something.

Nobody seemed to notice...:|

Not even on the news here....

It was on the news here.

No offence to the victims or their families, but I'm not surprised that it's not going to be on everywhere. People die of gun crime often. I'd hasten a guess that something like 8 people could die at the hands of a gun of an ordinary day around the world quite easily. It's only a news story because it happened all at the hands of one person and it's inevitably going to be Finnish centered news because it happened there.

[hide=His old Youtube bio. Removed some hours ago] aka NaturalSelector89 (3/15/2007 - 10/19/2007).

YouTube suspended my previous account but I am back now :) My new account name is German and means "Stormspirit" in English.

Name: Eric

Male from Finland.

I am a cynical existentialist, antihuman humanist, antisocial socialdarwinist, realistic idealist and godlike atheist.

SOCIETY:

Revolutions will come, governments will collapse, manipulative mafia & idiocratic rule of majority will be replaced with freedom and justice.

My utopia: Weak-minded people as slaves, intelligent people as free. What I mean is that they who think deep political & philosophical issues, and are capable of intelligent existential thinking, should be free and rulers... and the weak-minded masses / robots, they can be slaves since they do not mind it now either and because their minds are on so [developmentally delayed] level. The gangsters that now rule societies, will get what they deserve.

Realistic views: Hate... Im so full of it and I love it. That is one thing I really love. It is almost impossible to change the system. The faster human race is wiped out from this planet, the better... no one should be left alive. No mercy for the scum of earth.

[bleep] political correctness, [bleep] equality, [bleep] tolerance and [bleep] democracy...

...and what is democracy anyway? Dictatorship of the moral majority which is manipulated by the state mafia. Modern western democracy has nothing to do with freedom or justice; it is totalitarian and corrupted system.

Long live the REVOLUTION against the system, which enslaves not only the weak-minded [developmentally delayed] but also the small minority of intelligent and strong-minded people.

LIFE:

Life is just a coincidence... result of long process of evolution and many several factors, causes and effects. However, life is also something that an individual wants and determines it to be. And I... I'm the dictator of my own life.

What is the best thing in life? It ends. Well I guess there are some other great things, worth living for, but sometimes you lose them or don't get them.

Today the process of natural selection is totally misguided. Modern human race has not only betrayed its ancestors, but the future generations too.

It's time to put NATURAL SELECTION & SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST back on tracks!

RELIGION:

Religious people, your gods are nothing and exists only in your heads. Your slave morals means nothing to me. I'm the god & devil of my own life.

Evolution is both a theory and a fact, creationism is neither one.

If hell and heaven really existed... all the interesting people would go to hell!

PHILOSOPHY:

HUMANITY IS OVERRATED!

Human life is not sacred. Humans are just a species among other animals and world does not exist only for humans. Death is not a tragedy, it happens in nature all the time between all species. Not all human lives are important or worth saving. Sometimes I feel like no one is really worth of life at all.

Due to long process of existential thinking, observing the society I live and some other things happened in my life... I have come to the point where I feel nothing but hate against humanity and human race.

There are no other universal laws than the laws of nature and the laws of physics.

Trust no one... and rely on your instincts.

I am the law, judge and executioner. There is no higher authority than me.

Justice renders to everyone his due.

Companies: Human Race (evolved one step above though)

Interests and Hobbies: Existentialism, Freedom, Truth, Misantrophy, Social / Personality Psychology, Evolution Science, Political Incorrectness, Women, BDSM, Guns, Shooting, Computer Games, Sarcasm, Irony, Mass / Serial Killers, Macabre Art, Black Comedy, Absurdism

Movies and Shows: The Matrix, A View To A Kill, Falling Down, Natural Born Killers, Reservoir Dogs, Last Man Standing, Full Metal Jacket, Dr. Butcher MD (aka Zombie Holocaust), Saw 1-3, Lord Of War, The Deer Hunter, True Romance, The Untouchables, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Idiocracy, They Live, Apocalypse Now, End Of Days, The Shining, The Dead Zone, Dr. Strangelove, House MD (TV), Monty Python, TV Documentaries Relating To History

Music: KMFDM, Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Nine Inch Nails, Grendel, Impaled Nazarene, Macabre, Deathstars, The Prodigy, Combichrist, Godsmack, Slayer, Children Of Bodom, Alice Cooper, Sturmgeist, Suicide Commando, Hatebreed, Suffocation, Terrorizer

Books: Fahrenheit 451 (Bradbury), 1984 (Orwell), Brave New World (Huxley), The Republic (Plato), all works of Nietzsche[/hide]

It's not just an american phenomenon, but it seems like these kids do it for attention and even post their intentions before carrying out their deed

It sounds stupid that I agree with most of this.

'Cept his taste in music.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Last night... I was researching Columbine and found an article about the Columbine Massacre RPG. I was up all night playing it until about 6am. I went to bed and had to wake up at 8am for school <.<

What the hell? That game can't provide more than an hour worth of gameplay (really, not even that), how on Earth could you stay up playing such a bad game? Don't you have others?

My condolences to the families.

I have the same feeling about school shootings. You can choose to just run into the library and commit suicide. The rest of it is based in Hell and you just kill demons. It's basically based like Pokemon, so it's not a FPS.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

look how good msn is.. cant even click the X

msn.png

space-2.gif

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

It was on the news here.

No offence to the victims or their families, but I'm not surprised that it's not going to be on everywhere. People die of gun crime often. I'd hasten a guess that something like 8 people could die at the hands of a gun of an ordinary day around the world quite easily. It's only a news story because it happened all at the hands of one person and it's inevitably going to be Finnish centered news because it happened there.

I wouldn't say that's the same. In your example it's just a person walking around killing random people in, say, a city. People he doesn't know at all; he doesn't have any form of relationship with any them, it's just random people. However, a kid walking into school with a handgun shooting at his fellow students and teachers with the intention to kill them, that's a whole different level of messed up. Even if he doesn't know them all, he at least recognises a vast majority of them, and has probably spoken to some of them at least once.

Personally, I'd have less qualms with shooting a guy I've never seen before in my life, than I would shooting a person I've seen everyday for several years, and spoken to, even if it's just a "hello" or whatever and even if it just happened one time.

So yeah, I definitely think this deserves media coverage. People should be aware of what's happened. Just like Virginia Tech and the Columbine shootings. I know more people died there, but if this guy had perhaps planned it a bit better, maybe had an accomplice and more guns, it could've been just as many victims. In my opinion, all school shootings should be treated the same.

2009rb9.jpg

The guy at VT had a mental problem, and also had a bad social life. There was this kid at the highschool where I live who said in the middle of class that he'll make the guy who shot everybody at VT look like a nobody. They searched his whole house, but did not find a gun (or any other guns). It's getting worse, and I think it's "inspiring" other kids to do this.