The Keris guide ~On your way to hit 100+~

brunokiller

Good guide. I tryed it out when I had kalphites as a slayer task, and found the most annoying thing was how little I got the spec. I usually got when it only had 10-20hp left and when I finally got 1 at the start, I only hit a 33. (Oh well, still great guide).

Just a couple of things: You might want to add to the how to get there section, the use of fairy rings if you have unlocked them. The code is "BIQ". The ring is just south east of the lair and you'll have to bring a lunar/dramen staff instead of a shanty pass.

Another way to get there is via Dorgesh-Kaan. In the South Dungeon there is a "blocked tunnel" (you can still get through) to the kalphite lair. It takes you to the start by the workers. You can get close to the tunnel by using another fairy ring, "AJQ". You need to bring a light source, but don't need a rope. (Unless you're wanting to go to the Queen.)

EDIT: I finally got a higher hit by KOing a worker. (40 damage.)

using the tip it max hit calc, u can have a total of 77 str bonus. considering u got 99 str and just took a sip of your super strenght and using piety, ur able to hit a 40. together with the special means u can hit up to 120!

but... wel... the calculator isnt that correct :-k but any hits above the 100 is :-s awsome :-s

nice guide

duncan222223

no spaces, 5-2's. its my tanker, kinda quitted main :P

Great guide :)

I tried using the Keris once (shortly after completey the quest and on slayer tasks), but I found the special hit just didn't happen often enough. Overall, I found the whip to be more effective.

Great guide anyway.

Keris on kalphites seems to hit as high as a whip w/o special for me..both maxes with pot piety and black mask are 46(91 str). Plus a keris can train strenght

And yes lol the effect is really rare :-X

you could always use a dbaxe in place of a super strength pot. that is... if you can't afford multiple doses :wall: :mrgreen:

If you canÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt afford a few super strenght pots you canÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt afford prayer pots either :P

So a ancient mace special is more efficient, as it slightly restores your prayer.

very nice guide, I just finished quest so will try this on my first kalphite task. I'm 60 slayer and haven't even got a kalphite task yet #-o

It would be really cool if somebody used this on the first form of kq. Seeing as you say it is as effective as a whip, it might be worth bringing to kq for first form, and if you hit a 100+ on kq, well, what are dhers that hit 110 on skeletons going to say about that?

Csa516.png

very nice guide, I just finished quest so will try this on my first kalphite task. I'm 60 slayer and haven't even got a kalphite task yet #-o

It would be really cool if somebody used this on the first form of kq. Seeing as you say it is as effective as a whip, it might be worth bringing to kq for first form, and if you hit a 100+ on kq, well, what are dhers that hit 110 on skeletons going to say about that?

Question for ya. I saw all these crazy hits, and was wondering, could me and my friend use the keris on the KQ? Just to know if it would be more/less effective than the DDS specs.

Well, first of all the keris spec is rare. I've never tried to use it on the kalphite queen #-o

Might try it some day. I have no idea if it's better then veracs though. If you don't have veracs and use range/mage on second form definately take it, it will allow you to sacrifice the whip for another expensive item, such as a fury, bandos tassets(AWESOME range defense, better then barrows anyways).