F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

I. Proposal

[hide=Click Here]

I am here to post about a problem

The lack of f2p mage robes. It really is a problem, of all the classes in runescape, the f2p mage has been left out of the picture, for quite a long time.

I think that f2p mage robes should be expanded in some way, whether it be opening up some members items for mages, like they did with ranging, or create a new type of mage armor for everyone, f2p and p2p, that would be very nice. The current state of f2p mage, is that we have strong enough spells that go up to a nice level (fire blast at level 59). But we have no armor that's fairly good, and that can boost that spell. I have a picture that shows what we have, and the stats we get.

And so that I don't have to hear, or say it it over and over again, I AM NOT WHINING, I AM MAKING A SUGGESTION! so don't come around saying how all f2p ever does is whine or complain.

Runescapemagerobes.jpg

As you can see, it's not that good. We only have five items, giving us a total offensive magic boost of 25, and total defensive of 17. We are clearly at a disadvantage in wildy combat if we are a high levelled mage. Members get over 50 pieces of armor, the max bonus being (if you go straight w/ 1 set of armor, not mixing and matching) 73 defense and 73 offense for Ahrim's robes + they get special effects with the armor. What I would like to see for f2p is a nice set of boots, gloves, a skirt, and a cape, that boost the f2p mages bonuses to 30-35 offense, and 30 defense, or a new full set of robes , that gives us an offensive bonus of 25-40, and defensive of 20-35. The other good alternative, is to open up some members armor to f2p I think that it would give all the f2p mages out there something to look forwards to.[/hide]

II. Option #1, Armor Pictures for new armor set

[hide=Click Here]

These are my pictures (along with some commentary, but they aren't that good, because I used paint, and it was my first time editing pictures, so sorry if the boots and cape look weird.

And remember, this is just a suggestion, WE DON'T NEED NEW ARMOR SPECIFICALLY

magerobeslargeview2.jpg

The mage bonus for this armor could range anywhere from Offensive: +25, and Defensive: +20 to Offensive: +35 and Defensive:+25

The offensive bonus is with a mage ammy.

dwfixedcn3.png

Dark Wizzy Robes: I don't know if they have those, I forgot to check the mage guide, but the could be gotten from the dark wizzy tower, and members could bring them into a f2p world and sell them for 5-15k. They'd be level 10-15 (higher than the level of armor that we have now, so an improvement) and consist of a hood, skirt, robes, boots, and gloves. The armor would have a bonus of Offensive: +25-30 (with ammy), defensive of +20-30, there would also be a small prayer bonus of +5-6.

The List of suggested new armors shown above:

1. Blazer Robes (stats and name accredited to D_V_Devnull) (Maybe)

Stats for a special full F2P mage clothing set:

==================================

Attack.... Defense...

---------- ----------

Stab: +1 Stab: +5

Slash: +0 Slash: +5

Crush: +5 Crush: +7

Magic: +15 Magic: +15

Range: +0 Range: +5

Strength: +0

Prayer: +6 (from bottom robe only)

Levels required: Mage, 25-35

Defense 25-35

2. Dark Wizzy robes (Maybe)

Offensive bonus: 25-30 (with mage ammy, but not staff)

Defensive mage bonus: 25-30

Prayer bonus: 5-6

Levels required: Mage, 30-35

Defense, 25-35

Not Shown:

1. Custom Armor (Maybe, but unlikely)[/hide]

III. Option #2, suggestions for a set of mage p2p armor to make f2p

[hide=Click Here]1. Mystic (maybe, unlikely though)

2. Splitbark (maybe)

[/hide]

IV. Option #3, A new spell?

[hide=Click Here]1. Open up snare to f2p (bind is a really sad spell)(maybe, good idea)

2. Open up the wave spells to f2p and give members a new higher set of spells (Highly Unlikely)

3. A new set of spells in between blast and wave spells(Nearly Impossible)

4. A new damage spell at somewhere between levels 70-80(good idea)

The spell if they did do it, maybe could be called elemental blast or something, and hits with all four of the elements: wind, water, earth, and fire, the damage would be like 17-19, and it would look like the crumble undead spell, except in place of the white orb things, there would be the four elemental bolt spells. The required runes could be like one of each elemental rune (air,water,earth,fire), 4 chaos runes, and a death rune[/hide]

V. How to obtain the robes.

[hide=Click Here]1. By crafting them (Idea by zaaps1, see below)

2. A quest (still working on the quest)[/hide]

VI. Benefits

[hide=Click Here]1. P2P can stand to make a lot of money if they open up an armor like blue mystic or splitbark to be sold by P2Per's in a f2p world, because you can sell them for higher than you normally would.

2. If jagex made waves f2p, and made a higher set of spells for P2P, then P2P people would have a higher more powerful set of spells to work towards that can do more damage, and coming with that would probably be a new set of runes for P2P to make. Also, then if the made wave f2p, then P2P could sell blood runes for A LOT OF CASH. And eventually, the unbalnce from the new spells in the the P2P might cause a new item or weapon for the other two classes, dragon arrows and some new form of sword perhaps???

3. If the dark wizard armour idea happened, it would be a combination of functionality and style, plus since P2P would be the only ones who could get it, they would be able to sell them for quite a bit.

4. Zaaps1 Wrote:

Make the robes craftable, but add a special ingredent that is extremely hard to get F2P, yet pathetically easy to get P2P.

40-gloves

42-boots

43-hat

46-skirt

48-body

The materials would be blue/red dye, cloth(e), and needle+thread.

The cloth(e) is enchanted cloth made by taking cloth to a unique altar in the wilderness guarded by some new high leveled monster ( no drops except ashes ). Upon defeating the monster you can enter the altar and enchant as many cloths as you can hold for a fee of 1 cosmic and 5 airs per cloth.

P2P can simply buy the cloth(e) from the crafting guild for 50 gp each. ( a new stall will be added, you can steal from it with 20 thieving)

If they created a new craftable form of armor, this could be a very good idea, it would make it so that, f2p could improve their mage bonus, but raise crafting as well. It would also be profitable to P2P, because then they could sell the armor to f2pers too lazy to make their own, at profitable price for themself of course.[/hide]

VII. Argument defense

BEFORE YOU POST, READ THE FOLLOWING, I AM GOING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS Or PEOPLES EXCUSES why this shoulbn't happen:

[hide=Click Here]1. Everyone will leave p2p because you have new mage armor.

No they won't, who would be so stupid as to stop being a member just because of some armor. Members get stronger mage armor, more bankspace, minigames, more creatures, more quests, more spells, more randoms, and much more that that. Why would you leave all that for a new set of armor, which by the way probably wouldn't have fit in your bank account. I know I wouldn't.

2. If you want better stuff become a member.

There are some of us who cant for assorted reasons, a few of which being:

A. Our parents won't let us.

B. We can't devote the time.

C. We don't have the money.

3. You get what you pay for.

Same statement as #2, therefore, same answer.

4. f2p doesn't pay, so they don't deserve anything.

Apart from being just plain rude, there is a rebuttle to this. f2p pays a lot more than you think, there's like 1000k+ in players out there, about 35-60% are p2p. Thats about 350,000-600,000, but 40-65% are f2p, that's 400,000-650,000. That's a lot of people to ignore, and f2p pays in a way too. Ads. Jagex also gets paid by ad companies when they put advertisement banners out, and i think that they get paid like 1/2 a cent for every person that clicks on an add. There's a lot of people viewing those banners, especially if even 1/8 of them click on the banner.

5. p2p people are going to keep playing even if/after jagex shuts down f2p servers, so why should jagex care.

No they won't, if they've just glanced at the site before, and they saw "150,000, or 200,112" people playing currently, and then the next time they see the site it says "50,000-80,000", it's going to make them think the game isn't as good as they thought, so they won't play. also, some p2p people will stop playing just because of the fact that most of their friends were f2p, and they went to f2p servers to play the game with them

6. f2p is just a demo

No it isn't, it's for those people who can't afford it, can't devote the time to being members, and etc. Also, its for those people who like the game, but don't think its worth $5.00-$10.00 a month.[/hide]

As most of you make suggestions or comments, I'll try to factor most stuff in or tweak it a bit.

VIII. How to show your support

[hide=Click Here]1. Put a link in your signature: below are some examples of sigs that you can use, and a base structure for how to set a signature link up if you don't know how. This list will probably expand over time, so if you'd like, post your suggestions in the thread.

Join the Quest for f2p mage equality!*clicky*

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=595711][b][u][color=black]Join the Quest for f2p mage equality!*clicky*[/color][/b][/u]

Mageequalitysig.jpg

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=595711][img=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o179/komodoman360/Mageequalitysig.jpg][/url]

supportrobesze8.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=595711][img=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5343/supportrobesze8.png] 

[/url]

2. Please bump topic every once in a while, so people will read, and thanks to all those that added suggestions, those that are helping with the topic, and those that gave the thread a bump.[/color][/hide]

IX. Support List

[hide=Click Here]If you Support, tell me to add you and I will. And also, if you have the space and would like to, put a link in your signature connecting people to the proposal:

1. 123yourgone

2. Gyroman26

3. scruffyo99

4. Bufoman

5. Tetsuya

6. D_V_Devnull

7. Korn_Muphin8

8. unkn0wnwarrior

9. victor1995

10. kinggabe

11. Doughnut

13. fronzz

14. zaaps1

15. jemathonical

16. will_holmes

17. Theoknight2

18. supercanon14

19. hekatetrivia

20. tru_vampire0

21. lya_helix

22. skeroh

23. cheese666me

24. dave0293

25. [bleep]erkid

26. ml417

27. jys072595

28. Prankster_King

29. Stihl

30. micbar

31. coolguy878 (P2P)

32. Limpbizkit

33. anantipure

34. scruff636b

35. Warlover

36. predator09

37. Dark_Aura

38. sbrideau2000

39. 0wnag3d

40. Drei

41. pansynator

42. dsavi_x4

43. chad197

44. kingnoob2

45. Hevendor_Guy

46. Keithkannon

47. are_ess_guy

48. creative01

49. jgrazotis

50. dave0293

51. Drapit

52. Conorscool

53. NJE03

54. jiraiya19 (thanks for the awesome sig that you made)

55. mhosseins

56. GutenMornig

57. krowa

58. killerred005

59. kingmanic12 (supports armor, also is p2p)

60. Dracion1

61. Nub_Of_Noobs

62. xplod33

63. Waffleh

64. scootlaboot

65. iwatake

66. Xorack

67. Lil_Atza

68. fatdog16

69. Yidso

70. Deathskully

71. FluffyG10

72. Artificial_Doom_Flavor

73. el_chico

74. godofheaven4

75. Warrager

76. Dragonblume

77. donz8

78. ClasicBlueMage

79. black111

80. marc_powell9

81. P00kasarus

82. wizzkid785

83. Uzimakikid

84. Scoringsam21

85. Zaon50

86. giantgerbil1

87. magekid657

88. HellsBells

89. walka92

90. Blingkachi50

91. unspoken234

92. Adamdk1

93. ianer101

94. Gehackte

95. ember3579

96. Bone_Death

97. WiteFlight

98. Empyre

99. badgerboy116

100. Toxicologist

101. psykick

102. Deathmath

103. themaninblack

104. purevictor

105. flava0falcon[/hide]

Komodoman360

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you don tpay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

and about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you werent old enough for a real job...

clansig7.gif

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you don tpay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

and about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you werent old enough for a real job...

I agree with the original poster sorry, f2p has good range gear and good melee gear, mages have nothing, it badly imbalances things. my pure mage is 85 magic and i lose to a meleer the same combat as me or a ranger 10 lvls lower.

How are we being ignorant, or asking for more than we deserve, we ask for 1-2 things that make sense (bankspace, mage robes). I also don't hate f2p, I think it's great, but there are 1-2 things that could dearly use an improvement. Also, if you didn't realize it, most of what you said is just like statements #2 & #3.

Also, ty for your post 123yourgone, it's appreciated.

supportrobesze8.png

how about you sthu for ones and ignolege people and not dis them all the time god! if you are so angry hit yourself dont take it on others who worked hard and explained everything. Become f2p for about a year then see how you like it having very lil amount of armer.

even if you are f2p, still, sthu and stop being a stupid idote nerd

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

e6099"]well i agree f2p makes u want p2p so if they started giving everything to f2p then less and less people would get p2p but maybe f2p would just get some new mage gloves or something instead of a full set :-k

oh i didn't realize one small mage set will would be a giant problem.

and since when did giving out a small mage set would give everything to f2p

Gyroman25.gif

how about you sthu for ones and ignolege people and not dis them all the time god! if you are so angry hit yourself dont take it on others who worked hard and explained everything. Become f2p for about a year then see how you like it having very lil amount of armer.

even if you are f2p, still, sthu and stop being a stupid idote nerd

I sense a hypocrite.

Anyways, there have been MANY threads on this. Search for it...You'll find one...

Apart from that I have my statement. I'm P2P. I am fine with F2P getting SENSIBLE updates once in a while. I WILL turn down most F2P suggestions as they are flat-out whining and complaining...And the time they take to whine can be used to get money to pay for P2P. Of course, I know that some parents won't let you become a member, or you have other reasons.

Now...Tell me why you want mage armor? Let me guess...The combat triangle is unfair? Unless that's your argument, you have no valid reason to argue. If that IS your argument, let's see what happens.

Mages hit high. Higher than the other two until level 50 or so. Whatever level is needed for fire blast. Past that, magic slips and becomes the worst. So the solution is to make high level F2P mages better. There are two ways...

1. Give them more armor. What you suggested. There are two ways I would be fine with...

A. Some new level 20 armor. (You're probably wondering how this would help high levels. It won't. That's the point)

B. Mystic is F2P, BUT can only be brought into the game by P2P. Like maple logs. (Would help some mid-level mages. Not high.)

2. Give them more spells. This is what would be nice. Something in between blasts and waves maybe. Enough to make magic as good as attacking, if not better, at level 70. Past that, get P2P.

Enough ranting...I 1/4 support.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

1. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm ranting

2. I'm not ranting

3. I didn't understand what kinggabes post was saying, the grammar was rather bad

3. I never said anything about giving everything to f2p, that would be stupid and greedy

4. I can't afford it is a perfecly fine reason, as long as you're being truthful, some people don't even have a part time job, because they are not old enough. Others have a very hard time making ends meet.

5. I was saying that f2p should be able to get their hands on some better armor in one way or another, not just by jagex making new armor for them.

6. I will say this again, I'm not ranting, and I'm not yelling at anyone, and i am MOST CERTAINLY NOT WHINING OR COMPLAINING. This is a suggestions thread, and I am using it as such.

P.S.

TY to Penguingeek for that helpful bit on mystic, they really should put that in the magic skill thread on tip.it, it helps

Komodoman360

supportrobesze8.png

Was that aimed towards me...? I'll act like it was.

1. You don't. ::' There are just some stupid P2P that take every post by a F2Per as ranting.

2. ^^

3. I can never understand Kinggabe. :roll: Not only are most of his posts spam, half of them are unreadable.

3. (You have two 3s...) Yes, it WOULD be stupid and greedy. I never said you did. Anyone who did is as bad as Kinggabe.

4. If you don't have a job and your parents won't let you become a member, I have sympathy for you. But not enough to make me feel like F2P needs a lot of updates. 2-3 a year is fine.

5. Well, either it's mystic robes or something in between blue and mystic. Some people would say mystic is too good to be F2P, and would say that something in between would be fine.

6. I never said you were, I said that most F2P suggestions are. This one clearly isn't.

P.S. What bit...?

doublesmileyface1.png

I was talking about the comment on mystic, but now that I checked, I think that mystic is members only, because i checked the chat for prices, and it had the little M next to it, wich means members

What I meant was that a possible solution to this was to make [blue?] mystic F2P. But it can only be brought into the game by P2P. Meaning that F2P will have to buy it from P2P.

doublesmileyface1.png

I agree that F2P should get some new mage armor. Not exactly "Good mage armor", (I am f2p though), I think bringing in mystic would be a little drastic, cause with mystic you can like triple the bonus for mages. I think instead Jagex should make a new mage armor, giving like 40 bonus, which is quite a bit more than the reg wiz robes. I think reg wiz robes alone give around.. 10 bonus or so? The new reg robes giving 40 alone isnt that bad. It's quite good, not quite as good as mystic, but something thats worthwhile.

Edit: I think Jagex would just make a new set of mage armor, firstly because 1. There is no way ghostly will become F2P, as it requires DT to obtain. 2. It's just easier to make a new set of armor\robes.

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

:quate:Mystic is F2P, BUT can only be brought into the game by P2P.

No its not its p2p

You're a little late to the post on this. This issue was already caught and identified.

@ALL WHO SUPPORT: I am adding my support to this also. It would be nice to have a hat/shirt/skirt/legs that give a mage (and/or if possible, prayer) boost of some kind that would be F2P-accessible in some manner.

Time to siggy this too. :) ... There goes my RuneWeb Stat Image or my end line, one of the two... :(

(YIKES, I'm supporting 5 different additions! I must be nuts! :shock: ...)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

dude, just be patient, i think we will get more soon.. just like we got more bows for ranged we will porbably get more mage armor to

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

they could give us full myst or full splitbark... yes split is just but better then the stuff we have now...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

(YIKES, I'm supporting 5 different additions! I must be nuts! ...)
"Smart and insane guy wearing purple all the time", was that not how you described yourself?

Looking at blue mystic (I've never actually owned it, hehehe), I'm thinking the jump from blue wizard robes to blue mystic is pretty drastic. A price factor of about 100, and a bonus factor of 9. I'd definitely opt for something inbetween - ghostly robes would work, but there isn't much chance that desert treasure is going to become a non-member quest. :-w

Thinking something like...

apprentice gloves +3/+1

apprentice boots +2/+3

apprentice hat +3/+3

apprentice top +6/+5

apprentice bottom +4/+4

full apprentice +18/+16, req 30 magic and 10 defense, costs ~20k.

Just to throw some numbers out there.

Possibly add snare as well, seeing as bind is laughable. :-k

Mage armour now? Ok that's all. Oh wait you said the same about runecrafting, about the update to ranging the Stronghold of Security. I mean really there will always be people wanting something extra for f2p its like feeding a hungry dog. Seriously get over it you don't pay you deserve nothing its been said ten thousand times. Mage isn't good enough for you? Well train Ranged.

Mage armour now? Ok that's all. Oh wait you said the same about runecrafting, about the update to ranging the Stronghold of Security. I mean really there will always be people wanting something extra for f2p its like feeding a hungry dog. Seriously get over it you don't pay you deserve nothing its been said ten thousand times. Mage isn't good enough for you? Well train Ranged.

F2P is biased against mages right now, which throws off the combat triangle Jagex has tried so hard to balance. If we get a new armor for mages, that triangle will be more balanced. I don't agree that F2P should get EVERYTHING they ask for, but this one is needed.

perhaps armor that gives about the splitbarks bonus

heres an idea

have split bark f2p

it would be very expensive in f2p worlds being that they cant make it

this is comming from the mouth of a p2per

and to balance the triangle give rangers snake hide or something if needed

glad to be a follower of guthix

strength through balance