F2p: Would you mind if they had all basic potions?

Mr_Coffee

after being a free player for almost 2 years then becomeing a member last summer i never once complained that free players should get more because i knew that jagex need to make money and the only way to get people to become member is to give members more. I thaught f2p should be happy their was a f2p. other MMORPG's dont have f2p atall and you need to pay to find that you dont like it or that you do. Now i am a member i can see that f2p should get a little more. giveing thewm 1 more armour (blue drag) wont hurt us it will make it better for those who pk in free worlds (befor you ask i don't) it will benifit members aswell. Giveing them the wildy part of the dungeon should not happen because it has f2p monsters down their. The potions would be a good idea aswell because they already have str so why not att and def.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately no.

We are lucky there is a f2p at all (im p2p) f2p is there just to let people know the game and to show them what it is like.

There is 1 pot, str pot, that is alowed on f2p, this is to give the f2p people a 'taster' on how potions work etc. If they want other potions then they will have to buy members.

There is 1 type of dragonhide armour to show the f2p what dragonhide is and how it works etc. if they want more type of armour then they will have to buy members.

They did only have normal-oak bows, but until recently they have been allowed up to maple, if they want yew or higher they will have to buy members.

They used to to only be able to fire arrows up to steel until recently that was to show them the different types of arrows, if they wanted better arrows they would have to buy members.

My point is i'm surprised f2p even get updates at all as it is almost just like a trial of the game. Hope theres no typos. :D

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

For all the basic potions, I couldn't care less. However, they should have it like they do for strength potions on free. Bring some spiders eggs, seaweed etc... To the apothcracy(spelled it wrong, to lazy to correct it.).

For the Dhide, a big no.

Yes, the low level potions are critical, in my eyes. It is because of this that all f2p player v. player melee characters carry the same skill set. Moderate attack, high strength, low defense.

Without any potions but strength, any character without that skillset is at a disadvantage in pvp combat.

Jagex is forcing all f2players to become the same if they want to fight as melee. This should not be encouraged.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

In my mind,i believe str. and atk. potions are a necessity-make an NPC char that sells them 4 1k each-but adding herblore to f2p,that would be idiocy

Blue dragonhide-that would ruin the balance completely

f2p wizard robes-Maybe,but then again it shouldn't be too powerful,as long as it looks kl,i'm fine with it ;) Believe me,i do not enjoy running about in my blue wizzy robe like a street hobo

Well, im f2p and all the updates are based towards lower levels, like they should. F2p is based on lower-lvl players who, after they get bored, go into membership. A lvl 40 player doesn't need dragon weps and fancy updates. True, updates would be nice, but then JAGeX is just giving away something.

heres a list of the updates i think f2p needs in order

1.splitbark armour(should be purchasable from members)

2.blue dragonhide

3.basic potions as well as maybe magic and range

4.more area(including maybe an extension of the wilderness)

5.more powerful spells since members just got the new ancient spell thingys

(perhaps an f2p version of iban blast)

*maybe wilderness capes and coloured boots since they really wouldnt effect the gameplay and f2p really seem to want them

I know a lot of noobs r prrly going to flame me saying that since f2p is a free version of the game and that they shouldnt get updates too often but remember f2p do also have to put up with those banner ads and banner ads do generate a fairly sizeable amount of money which could go towards these new updates,besides i dont see why member are so angry about this considering that they will be the ones reaping the profits from most of these updates if they ever do come

rssig4copy.gif

ok colour boots and capes would be really cool lol, but that's opinonal just depends on how "nice" jagex is to us f2ps. (well actually we should get aleast boots they don't change anything in game play, but that's just me.)

splitbark armour - personally i don't think we f2p actually need this

blue dragonhide - no just no for now we had the bows and arrows seriously guys don't ask for this or some members will be mad and well it's better just to keep those ppl shut for a while.

basic potions as well as maybe magic and range - god no......range and magic should NOT be in f2p even as a f2p i understand that magic and range can be really useful but this should be a p2p thing. basic potions? why in the hell would you want an attack potion? or a defence potion does it have that much an effect??? i mean no one uses "lower your defence by 10%" spells in f2p. it would be useful but i doubt anyone would really want to use it. basically if you are going to go pk you ain't going to bringing a lot of potions with you anyways and since most people love strength attack and defence won't be used after a few days it becomes f2p.

more area(including maybe an extension of the wilderness) ok i'm going to sound greedy but dang this would be NICE :P i mean yes we shouldn't have new monsters but maybe a new area to train in would be cool.

more powerful spells since members just got the new ancient spell thingys(perhaps an f2p version of iban blast) - i mean we can get a few new spells but a f2p verison of iban blast c'mon man.....that's asking for a little too much there.

don't know about grammer or spelling i suck at those two....and well that's my opinons flame if you wish :P

Okay, so the archer armor was a bad idea. Scratch that.

But there's no conclusive argument that f2p shouldn't have basic potions if the Apothecary could make them. Waiting in line for a potion wouldn't be a problem either because NPC's can talk to multiple people now. It just makes sense that there would be potions for the other melee stats.

The Edge dungeoun was reaching a bit, but seriously: The strongest monster on f2p to train on is the greater demon, which isn't really all that great.

This topic is kind of pointless because the only person that can make this kind of decision doesn't visit these forums... Worthy of a debate, anyway.

Yes, the low level potions are critical, in my eyes. It is because of this that all f2p player v. player melee characters carry the same skill set. Moderate attack, high strength, low defense.

Without any potions but strength, any character without that skillset is at a disadvantage in pvp combat.

Jagex is forcing all f2players to become the same if they want to fight as melee. This should not be encouraged.

They are doing nothing of the sort. You obviously haven't figured out quite how the whole combat thing works.

Since there is only the strength pot for f2p, here's what you can do (these are just examples)

Train def, att, and hits more than strength, and then use a pot to raise to to the others:

def: 25

att: 25

hits: 25

Str: 20 + pot = 25 (remember, this is just an example, we all know it would NOT work out this way...)

Or you could train them all the same and use the pot:

str: 25 + pot = 30 (so now you're even stronger in strength than the others)

or you could go the berserk attacking style, and train nothing but strength:

def: 10

att: 10

hits: 20

str: 60 + pot = 75 (again, another example with bad statistics to back it up, but you get the picture)

So there you have it...multiple ways to "show your individuality" as a runescape combat player. And if all else fails, just train whatever you want, and how you want it. No one is FORCING you to use the strength pots at all.

Now, as an insurance policy from flamers, I DID already state I'm fine with f2pers having the basic pots as long as they cannot make them with herblore. I was just pointing out this to the people who obviously cannot seem to think out of the box. :lol:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I think there is in f2p only something needed to let mages have a reason to train their lvl up to 99, so 1 or 2 spells where u need about lvl 90 magic for should be good. It shouldn't be a damage spell but something like snare, which can be usefull but isn't making the mages in f2p overpowered.

signaturevy.png

As most people who aren't being idiots and actually looked at the post said, I agree with half of the original idea.

The potions would make a great addition to f2p - Many members just throw them away, and if they are available to f2p, then there would be a market for them. Revitalizing herblore anyone?

Blue dragonhide I am totally against. Rangers on f2p have enough upgrades without giving them the armor. Green was made for f2p - only for f2p, because green dragons did not exist before rs2.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

P2pers whine more about f2p than any f2pers do that I've seen ingame or on the forums for that matter. :wink:

How would a few updates effect you? HOW WOULD PEOPLE ASKING FOR MORE UPDATES EFFECT YOU? It doesn't. You play on your members servers with the updates every week and f2p would maybe get a few updates here and there to keep the game interesting.

Oh and what I think should be added to f2p.

1. Att and def pots.

2. Blue dragonhide armor.

3. Any type of mage armor.

If they had these things in f2p it might take some attention away from the rares in a time when that's basically the only concern of most players. Oh and for some smart people, greedy works both ways. Greedy can be if f2pers ask for tons and tons of updates and greedy is when members don't want to give ANYTHING to f2p.

Jagex won't lose money by giving f2p blue dragonhide armor or a few pots lmfao. They already are growing at an outstanding rate, not like they're losing tons of business because of giving f2p a few arrows and a new bow. :roll:

Of anybody, members would benefit from these updates the most seeing as they can clear out old pots for money instead of just letting them sit there to rot, wasting gp on pots without gaining anything except some herb xp.

Although f2p is essentially a "demo" of Runescape, I wouldn't mind f2p having these 2 things.

Why? Because basic potions/blue hide is half of what members have..I see it as fair.

Besides, it'd give those useless low level potions a use...Defense pots would be wat expensive compared to att and str though, since it uses a ranarr, lol.

They are doing nothing of the sort. You obviously haven't figured out quite how the whole combat thing works.

Since there is only the strength pot for f2p, here's what you can do (these are just examples)

Train def, att, and hits more than strength, and then use a pot to raise to to the others:

Str: 20 + pot = 25 (remember, this is just an example, we all know it would NOT work out this way...)

Or you could train them all the same and use the pot:

str: 25 + pot = 30 (so now you're even stronger in strength than the others)

or you could go the berserk attacking style, and train nothing but strength:

att: 10

hits: 20

str: 60 + pot = 75 (again, another example with bad statistics to back it up, but you get the picture)

Okay, let's try a beserk attack model-

att: 60

str: 10 (pots to 15)

hp: 20

Now we have the same combat level, but your character has a HUGE (10 skill point= 2.5 combat levels, effectively) advantage because I have no potion to augment my highest stat.

And if that's not simple enough for you to understand, I see no point in continuing this argument.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Ugh, no way, If this happens JAGeX will end up giving almost everything to f2p, you got new arrows and bows, but now your just getting greedy.

Over a few smegging potions? One of which, f2p can already make?

Get off your moral high horse just for a moment and think, junior.

Yeah but if YOU think for a moment, maybe you can figure that YOU are losing out on herblore experience. So it's pretty pointless.