best instrument player

ford_rule

i cant really comment on any instrument other than the bass guitar, and i would have to go with michael balzary. he is just a freak on bass and is from one of the biggest bands going, you might know him as flea from the red hot chili peppers, his skills are insane and he has an atmosphere on stage like no other.

so post your instrument and who you think is the best at it and a reason. cheers, no flaming for peoples opinions please

111yr4.jpg

I have huge respect towards Kirk Hammett from Metallica. He did awesome guitar solos in the past and such. IMO he's better than all these lightning fast dudes like Yngwie Malmsten. It's impossible to say whose "truely" better as their styles to play are so different, so we can only say our own thoughts.

Cliff Burton was the only bass guitarist who really impressed me. After it I haven't heard anything even close to it. Burton was in Metallica for the couple first album, but he died in 1986.

For drums it's harder to say who is the best. I like Lombardo (Slayer), J̮̦̉̉rg Michaels (Stratovarius) and Horgh (Immortal. But like I said, it's really hard for me to decide who is the best.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

For guitar:

Ritchie Blackmoore (Deep Purple, Rainbow) Listen to the guitars in "Child in time" and "The battle rages on",

Mathias Eklundh (Freak Kitchen) hes really fun to listen to

Frank Zappa really odd compositions

Bass: John Entwhistle (The Who) The solo in My Generation is reason enough

Billy Sheehan (Gotta hear him to know why)

Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) Sweet basslines and amazing right hand technique

Drums: Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) Hes just unbelievable.

Keyboard: Dont know

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

Yngwie Malmsteen just plays fast, not necessarily well.

Mike Portnoy for drums, obviously.

Jordan Rudess (also from Dream Theater) for keyboard.

Joe Satriani/Steve Vai for guitar, simply because I didn't want to name another member of Dream Theater.

John Myung (guess what band) for bass, in the Dance of Eternity he plays a bass solo which is really something.

Its funny really because I think that Dream Theater are made up of THE BEST musicians. And so it was an even better band when it was just the very best ones - when three of them played in Liquid Tension Experiment without that idiot James Labrie and is feminine voice.

Jordan Rudess (also from Dream Theater) for keyboard.

Joe Satriani/Steve Vai for guitar, simply because I didn't want to name another member of Dream Theater.

Its funny really because I think that Dream Theater are made up of THE BEST musicians. And so it was an even better band when it was just the very best ones - when three of them played in Liquid Tension Experiment without that idiot James Labrie and is feminine voice.

Derek Sherinian wasnt bad either.

Since you dont want to mention another Dream Theater member IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôll do it; John Petrucci sweet guitar playing (thanks to one of hes instruction videos I now can shred 8))

But James LaBrie isnt that bad, he did a nice work on the "A Change of Seasons" album

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

Dream Theater is without a doubt the most talented band as a whole. If you dig that kind of stuff, check out Liquid Tension Experiment, its Tony Levin (a bit better than Myung imo), John Petrucci, Mike Portnoy and Jordan Rudess without LaBrie's sometimes annoying vocals.

Don't really know much about what's really good, but I'll list some that I really like:

Joe Satriani: I got one album a few months back and I really like it!

Kirk Hamlet from Metallica does a good job too, I think.

Blackmore from Deep Purple (he's from Rainbow too, right?) is good.

Santana does a good job

and of course Jimmi Hendrix.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Blackmore is, has, and always will be my favourite guitar player of all time, and the biggest inspiration on my playing.

Other guitarists I respect are Petrucci, Satch, and Hammet (he's not really technically skilled but he writes great solos).

As for bass players, I quite like Stu Hamn.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin! Man, everyone's heard Stairway To Heaven, you should hear it live, also, anyone who has seen Dazed and Confused with the live 20 minute solos should agree with me here. Dazed and Confused Studio version is also amazing.

PM me if you want to hear his stuff.

My two favourite guitar players... Im pretty sure every guitar player has heard stairway to heaven or either knows it.... (Im currently learning it... Just have to get the solo down) and if you havent heard any Van Halen... If you havent heard Van Halen and you like crazy guitar solos... Listen to Van Halen - Eruption -

Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)

Van Halen (Van Halen)

guitar Zakk Wylde from the black label society man hes truly awsome get one of his cds its ammazing

Oh hell yes, Zakk is the man.

About the Van Halen thing, i know the dude was a good guitarist but why do people always mention Eruption? It's just a load of tapping in pretty much the same pattern - admittedly i'm not good enough to play it, but i'm sure there are plenty more technical/harder pieces of work he's done.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

guitar Zakk Wylde from the black label society man hes truly awsome get one of his cds its ammazing

Oh hell yes, Zakk is the man.

About the Van Halen thing, i know the dude was a good guitarist but why do people always mention Eruption? It's just a load of tapping in pretty much the same pattern - admittedly i'm not good enough to play it, but i'm sure there are plenty more technical/harder pieces of work he's done.

People don't mention it so much because of the skill involved, but the song did revolutionize rock guitar in a way.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

Van Halen (Van Halen)

Er its not just Van Halen lol. Eddie Van Halen.

Best guitarist: Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, David Gilmor of Pink Floyd, Kirk Hammett of Metallica and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones.

Best Keyboardist: Ray Manzerak of the Doors, Richard Wright of Pink Floyd and Ian Underwood of Frank Zappa.

People don't mention it so much because of the skill involved, but the song did revolutionize rock guitar in a way.

Ah Dan, i can always count on you to rain on my parade.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Ah Dan, i can always count on you to rain on my parade.

Wouldn't want to let you down.

Back on topic, Geddy Lee is a great bass player, and Neil Peart is a fantastic drummer.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

Lead Guitarist- Kirk Hammett, he's just got that style

Bassist-Cliff Burton, that boy is a bassmaster RIP

Rhythm Guitarist- Whoever it was for Megadeth during the Rust in Peace record, I forget not

Drummer- hmmm this is a hard one, but I think i'll go with Dave Lombardo of Slayer

I play the piano, trumpet, drums.

Piano -

Art Tatum

Oscar Peterson

Trumpet -

Louie Armstrong

Drums -

Buddy Rich

me :)

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png