To a minority that play Barbarian Assualt

Goldenjkered

So yesterday, I decided to get my fighter torso. I'd played barb assualt before, but still I read up on what to do in each role. Here's just a little rant towards the people you don't have a clue what their doing.

1. Before you even attempt the game, brush over the rules and play, before you start, otherwise I will start to get angry when your just running around randomly shouting what do I do? You're not only wasting you're time, you're wasting the whole teams time, think about that.

2. Calling. This is what gets me the most. Read up on this please, otherwise you'll have me shouting at you saying 'ffs call!' or 'omfg call', for about 5 minutes, and also when you finally call make sure it's the correct one, otherwise it just gets that little bit extra tedious.

3. If it's your first time playing, and even if you've read the rules, please please please don't go as defender. Defender is the one that can lose you the most points, and I don't know if I can seriously take getting 0 points on wave 1 for the 7th time.

That is all, thanks for reading.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Ah yes, a rant about people that don' t know what to do. Good show. It is frustrating when someone just wastes time doing nothing, I agree. My schoolmate loves that minigame, and he told me that half of his games are a disaster. But mostly people just rush head on, unprepared for the whorst, and when they get stuck, they just run around in circles.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I've always had a problem with the 'Defender' role.

I just can't understand how it works, it's based on monsters being lured to a trap.

RuneScape's following system was never that good anyway, I just think it's too difficult.

spacescenev24.jpg

I've always had a problem with the 'Defender' role.

I just can't understand how it works, it's based on monsters being lured to a trap.

RuneScape's following system was never that good anyway, I just think it's too difficult.

I'll post this ragtag guide again, for the fourth time. Rants forum is the only place I've ever posted this though, quite peculiar :-k .

Too lazy to go and get screenshots and work hard on this lol, so here's my Defender strategy summed up:

1) Lay food in piles of 2-3 random food items in the basic curved line shown in my diagram, leading from the 2 piles shielding the exit to the trap in the east.

2) Drop all remaining food around the 3x3 area of the trap, completely randomly.

3) Next, go get all the necessary logs and a hammer for the amount of Runners you'll have to deal with that wave.

4) Sit back, make sure the food trail and trap food never dissappears (just make another trail on top of your first one so when the first dissappears you have the second one to do the same job), update the Healer, and fix the East trap when necessary.

Basic idea: (don't limit yourself to the number of food piles shown, it changes based on your level)

------------------------#[]#

------------------------###

--------------------------

-------------------------#

-----------------------#

--------------------#

--------------#

#---#-----

XXXX

Key:

XXXX: Runner escape/exit

#: 2-3 pieces of random food.

[]: East trap

Points to clarify:

-It doesn't matter what food you have on the ground. Even if it isn't the food your supposed to be using at the time, the Runner will go for it.

-Runners, in my experience, have an odd tendency to run towards the east trap. For this reason I like to have my curve go east, and also- the Runners will run up the trail of bait northeast to the trap every time, so that makes things easier with none of them running back to the exit.

-Keep an eye on your interface. You may not need the food update, but your Healer partner does.

-No runners will ever get through this because of the two food piles shielding the exit. If they try and escape, they'll hit a food pile and get trapped on the trail leading towards the east trap. So don't worry about 'em escaping.

-You can try going west, but always make sure you have those two piles of food in front of the exit and the trail leading from them to a trap. Without both of those it is possible for the Runners to escape.

-The trail is VITAL. Never let it dissappear or lose parts. If the Runners gobble up a pile, put some more food there asap!

-Food on the trap goes away pretty fast. Always make sure there is a copious amount of food on the trap for Runners to eat up until they get wasted.

This is a very stress free way to Defend. Though it takes a while for the Runner to eat the right food on the trap due to random dropping they usually die pretty fast. You never have to worry about the correct food to use or having Runners escape, (which would lose points for your team). In fact, the only reason anyone has a right to be mad at you is if you don't update the healer, which should be easy for you to do seeing as how stress-free this method is .

In fact, thanks to this method, I now hate healing and only Defend .

I really should try and get screenshots some time :-k .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

That's why I only play BA with a friend who I know IRL or that I know has some common sense. I pick one role, he picks the complimentary one and we ALWAYS call. Then I just pray that the teamates don't screw up and generally it works very well.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I agree, I always have problems with people in Barbarian Assault. I'll sign up a team and we'll be finished except for the runners. Then the defender will come up to me and be like 'What do I do?' #-o

And when I'm the healer (lvl 5 btw \')and we get into the higher waves (8+) and I'm trying to heal people, the defender screams at me going 'OMFG FFS YOU NOOB CALL!!!111!!!!' Yeah, I'm a little busy trying to make sure my team doesn't die, thanks. I've gotten from Wave 1 to the Queen as a defender. Healer never called once. Nobody was mad at me. How do I do it? No idea. Just wish that everybody else did.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Btw, you have to use the right food to get the Runner to trigger the trap. If you use the wrong food, the trap won't trigger, even if he is standing on it.

True, but if you've got enough of each food on there they'll die pretty quick either way :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.