Account Locked? Must READ

Joshuwa

My account is locked for some reason in RS, they say because of suspicious activity but I hadnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t had any problem before it was blocked like items getting stolen or password hacked. Now they say they will TRY to return it to me as soon as possible BUT after my acct was locked for some reason my password is changed AND when I try to recover it the RECOVER QUESTIONS are all different like instead of having Your favourite car color it asks- your favorite bike color, and all the questions are different except like one or two, WHY HAS THIS HAPPENED?!? Has JAGEX done this or someone ELSE??Because after the acct was locked the recovery questions were usual but after a day or so they all changed, AND I KNOW NO ONE COULD change recovery question so fast.

HAS anyone else experienced this PROBLEM before?, JAGEX SAYS they will try to return the acct as SOON as possible BUT HOW will they SEND it to me???(new password) when I cant even access my acct or the mail, that they might be able to send it to??

I APOLOGIZE for double posting but I am about to CRY right now, please someone who knows what they are talking about tell me IF jagex could have changed the password themselves while the account is locked!?AND EXPLAIN me the DIFFERENT RECOVERY QUESTIONS-plz read 1st post FULLY for details.

BUT WHY is the recovery questions changed or different in 1 day!?? and jagex says we will try to return it as soon as possible, whats that supposed to mean? what can i do, how do i contact jagex BY THIS I MEAN NOT TO GET THE LAME SEND QUERY-TRACKER ID-AND GET COMPTER GENERATED MAIL, and HOW THE # is my acct STOLEN i NEVER GAVE AWAY my acct OR download anything recently that might cause keylogger!?

I CANT JUST GIVE UP THE ACCT AFTER 5 YEARS, AND ONE DAY LOG IN TO SEE IT LOCKED AND THAN CHANGED PASSWORD!!!!!!!!??WHAT CAN I DO???

I HAVE SNAPSHOTS OF ME IN THE ACCOUNT FROM BEFORE, DO U THINK IF I SEND TEH IMAGES, IT MIGHT HELP ME?!??

No, I don't think that'll help, what most likely happened is a real life friend knew you well enough to know the answers to you're recovery questions, found them out, and got a hold of you're character.

If you know you're recovery questions you can delete them instantly and then set new ones and have them set instantly.

I'm sorry to say, but I think all hope is lost.

Sorry :?

~Joe

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

No, I don't think that'll help, what most likely happened is a real life friend knew you well enough to know the answers to you're recovery questions, found them out, and got a hold of you're character.

If you know you're recovery questions you can delete them instantly and then set new ones and have them set instantly.

I'm sorry to say, but I think all hope is lost.

Sorry :?

~Joe

I agree with two things, 1. One of your frens in RL hacked it. 2. All hope is lost.

[hide]Except if you track down the hacker and egg/TP his house for revenge. Not sure how that'd help but it's still revenge. My advice is to give up on RuneScape and play a worthwhile game like Guild Wars or WoW. Recommended: Guild Wars. [/hide]

6p8kx0z.jpg

If you wonder why your account been stolen read below:

First of all, and please answer this thruthfully;

A) have you ever shared your account with any of your real life friends or siblings?

a) If so; guess who owns your account now

B) Have you ever logged in to Runescape from another location then your own computer? NEVER use the schools or the librarys computer to play runescape from!

B) If so; That computer was very likely keylogged and every letter/number you typed was recorded. If you only logged in to runescape from your own computer, go here for help: Keylogger Help. You know what? I would go there anyway.

C) What URL you usually visit when logging in to Runescape?

c) You should ONLY logg in via Runescapes own client or via their main site http://www.runescape.com and NO WHERE ELSE.

D)Does it happen you visit other "Runescape-related" sites except Tip.It? Have you ever visited a site who promise runescape cheats?

d)If so; Its your own fault for loosing your account then. You went to a site who stole your password.

Last but not least:

E) Have you ever opened a mail (with attachement too maybe) claiming to be from Jagex?

e) Jagex do not send you mails!

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Like mulder in X-Files said, never trust nobody! I will add including any friends/cousins/neighbours, if friend give you some game or program (not matter then it not about runescape) - possible then it can be keylogger...

I remember situation when one guy brother scammed him!

Then allways keep antivirus up to date and firewall enabled!

Recovery questions:

Best is when true answer not correspond question, but system must be easy rememberable, example:

Q:Your favorite car color ?

A:coca-cola

Q:Your favorite car?

A: X-Files

Q:Your favorite TV Series?

A:Ferrari testarosa

Your favorite drink?

Blue

One of sys admins trick, you can use some prefix or postix for any passphrases all time, of for diferent things diferent perfex is like: AK-47 for games, @33MDK - for forums, XM^9x - for e-bank :)

Then you type somewhere passwords like:

mothershipAK-47

ItalyAK-47

DragonKiteAK-47

You just then remember then your passwords is: mothership, Italy and DragonKite and you then know allways then you need to add postfix: AK-47

Same you can use with recovery questions, like:

coca-colaAK-47

X-FilesAK-47

Ferrari testarosaAK-47

BlueAK-47

or

0.1coca-colaAK-47

0.2X-FilesAK-47

0.3Ferrari testarosaAK-47

0.4BlueAK-47

or

c1oca-colaAK-47

X-2FilesAK-47

Fer3rari testarosaAK-47

Blu4eAK-47

or

coca-colaAK-47

AK-47X-Files

Ferrari testarosaAK-47

AK-47Blue

Main rule is then password good when password how possible longer, easy to remember and used in password: letters (good when diferent case sensitivities), digits and some signs - this make it not easy to hack is why i writted specially in postfix "-" sign.

Then you dont forget then almost password hack systems is bruteforce or password lists based, hacker can use all english worls and combine they to hack your password, then is good to write worls in some non typical to others including your friends way, like easy rememberable grammar mistake or 2 letters where must be just 1 (for example when you was young you maked mistake in some word and friends dunno about it and it not typical to anybody - this important!

Wrong to use some sleng which is with incorrect grammar but all know!

Wrong to use diferent countries words because they is new only for you and they can be in hackers password list, like you started train karate and now you know some japan words, believe me i had situation when one almost rare japan word i tried to use like password on linux server, server said then i can do better! he mean then this word is easy hackable because included in password list not matter then is japanese and rare who know;)

before you use compicated passwords systems you must decide then it must be easy rememberable to you!

Is just some help, main priority then is protect Your PC, Don't Ignore viruses and be a bit paranoic about it ;) especially when somebody try to give some software to you, then if you hacked a lot of times possible then you still have keylogger and your installed antivirus is not so much effective, then is good suggestion to try another one ;) example: http://www.free-av.com.

Another rule newer get program from some person if you can download it from trust website! cracks usage can be dangerous too, then some don't remember good mozzila or Opera or Firebird plugins have RS Scam code included i readed somewhere about it, then be carefull! if you want to be secure use how possible less 3rd party software and less software ever ;)

ADDED after edit:

Bad recovery questions is like car color, car model, tv movie, cat name (if it typical one), they possible to guess, better to use own questions...

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track