Australian Worlds

googled1

it doesnt really matter where the servers are hosted in australia lol, the lag difference bwtween coast to coast will be negligable. And it would be most likely sydney, as most major australian internet providers host from there i think

it's called the multiplier effect :)

29th May 2003 - New server for Australasia

Our new Australasian server is now online. This is our first server in the southern-hemisphere!

We've set this server up especially for our Australian and Asian members. Since it's hosted in Singapore it should hopefully provide you with a much less laggy connection than before.

Unfortunately bandwidth in this area of the world is very expensive, (20x more than we pay elsewhere). Therefore this a members only server.

25th August 2003 - Singapore server relocated

Following a lot of negative feedback regarding the Singapore server we've decided to relocate it. It seems that it just doesn't provide a better connection to most people in that part of the world, despite being physically nearer.

Our poll showed that even amongst people living in Australia and Singapore, a mammoth 63% found it WORSE than our other servers, and only 16% found it significantly better. This is very disappointing and clearly doesn't justify keeping the server there. Especially given how much hosting costs are in that part of the world (10 times the price, of what we pay in san-franciso!)

Therefore our Singapore server is being taken offline today, and we are shipping it to Toronto - Canada, to see if it can be of more value to our users there.

You people just don't get it do you?

Just because a lot of people want an Australian server, it doesn't mean it's feasible for them to have one.

I live in Sydney, but I know I'd rather have 10 US servers than 1 Australian server, simply because I know the Australian server won't perform that much better than the US ones.

Yeh I think there should be Australian servers however there was an indoneasian server a while ago and it never got used because it had very bad lag even for people nearby.

I'm sure more than 5,000 people play RuneScape from Australia. If there was only 5,000 people playing from there then there would be no point in adding servers as I believe theres over 2 million active RuneScape accounts (700k members).

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

there should definately be a world for us australians. i have been forced to use the worlds for other countrys long enough! Jagex should definately make an australian world so that we can use one of our own.

ps. this is my first post on this forum :D

Bradely u obviously didnt read wat the mod just said, it was laggy as hell. Theres no point of having an yankee server if u can get less lagg off an aussie server.

Jaggex just has to find a better company to hook up with down here thats all....i think

You people just don't get it do you?

Just because a lot of people want an Australian server, it doesn't mean it's feasible for them to have one.

I live in Sydney, but I know I'd rather have 10 US servers than 1 Australian server, simply because I know the Australian server won't perform that much better than the US ones.

Yes i have no problem with the servers in the US (I live in melbourne)

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

I get minimal lag from the US servers so I see no point in having a server just dedicated to Australia and it's surronding countries. :wink:

Well considering some of the small-midsize australian ISP's (TPG for one.....:roll: ) actually do not actually access the internet from Australia, but rather overseas such as in the USA (Its already been raised how its cheaper for bandwidth over there) that would explain the better connectivity to an American server and the poorness to an Australasian server.

Frankly our ISP's suck out here and so does the cost of our bandwidth, so dont expect a server in this region until our Australian dollar is back below 50 cents American :lol:

Rsn: Scootenhaben

Combat: 82 ::: Skill Total: 1238

Current Goals: 71/80 Fletching, 51/50 Construction

I love the comment "It can't cost much"

I don't know where in Australia you live but bandwidth here costs a friggan fortune.

The Australasian servers didn't work out, and they actually ran slower than others fro Australians. Also, who cares if it's in Sydney or Melbourne, the difference it would make would be so small that it wouldn't matter.

I live in Australia, and I used to think Australia needede a server, but I now understand why it is pointless for JAGeX to make one.

well if it was actually feasable to have another server in australiasia it should be in townsville as it is still a major hub which is useful for austrlaia and pacific nations aswell. But if not feasbale, who cares. If you lag too much, get adsl. $30 per month and u can get pretty good connection. I also play call of duty and every1 has adsl an that and there are thousands of players, so if they all can, so can u pplz if your soo worried bout ur lag.

Cypher_killz