Why alch rares?

demonmike05

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think it's silly. I'd rather get 99 prayer then a blue phat, but that's just me.

If the economy would change that much without them

How so? People would just find different ways to spend money. People say prices for ores and what not would go up, that could be... but it would just be a matter of time before thing's settled again. I don't nessesarilly think the prices would go up, I just think you would see alot less people having no luck of selling stuff on the forum.

Either way, if the prices went up or down, it really wouldn't matter. Think about it, if you get your money via fishing... your fish sell for more, and if the price of steel bars went up, it wouldn't matter because your getting more for oyur lob / swordfish / shark...

Right now, it's just like capitalism whereas 2% of the players hold the majority of the wealth, but it's just imaginary wealth.... I don't know what I am talking about any more, because I'm so sleep deprived I could eat a horse. Good day.

Actually, I thought those were really neat points, sleep-deprived or not :) I also would rather have 99 prayer, or at least the guts to buy a whip. I have plenty of gp to do it, but it still seems like a big chunk to let go :)

Maybe the market would settle down after a while, as you say. Maybe my anti-rare mentality might be returning a bit. Maybe I need more sleep, too. Or more coffee. Coffee, yeah.

lpinkus

• 4 weeks later...

i say 2 hell with em-2+ mill 4 santa or phat or mask & no stat bonus

Thanks for bumping a year old topic.

Gotta hate idiots who bump these, but its quite interesting looking at meili's post, phats ARE those prices now. :lol:

Yes they are! I thought it would be impossible but phats actualy are over 100 mil. Incredible, what's next? 1 bil?

I think it's good. Who cares if someone really wanted a phat? In the end they'll become a greed fool too.

Eventually there will only be one left, and the price will drop to basically nothing. It's alch price.