Why alch rares?

demonmike05

Ok, ive seen this tons of times and i think its absolutely stupid(sorry if any one here does it):

People keep alchin holiday drops so they will raise the price...when they alch party hats they get 1gp(wow, a waste of a good 10mil+ for some items). I can understand why they want to raise the price, another reason is for them to be one of a kind(not like collecters are gonna sell their beloved items).

But do they realise that the price will raise any ways if they dont alch but KEEP the items they buy? Its rediculous, one less Party Hat in the whole game, and it could of been yours. If they own alot of party hats, they can control the price little by little if people stop selling.

I think these people are insane (Unless they have heck loadsa cash), what do you guys think?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know peeps were actually continuesly (sp) doing this :shock: What a waste of 400 gp on the nature eh?

Personally I see no worth in phats and never will get one... to me it is just the 1gp and not a status symbol... More power to 'em I say... They played the game, wasted their time getting 10 mill and they can do what eva' they want :wink:

I dunno, it has 1 advantage tho:

Becus the price will go up, it will prevent little noobus from getting 1 or 2 lucky dragon drops and obtaining a status item after.

So would keeping it, since no one else is gonna get it if u dont die or get hacked.

Becus the price will go up, it will prevent little noobus from getting 1 or 2 lucky dragon drops and obtaining a status item after.

So would keeping it, since no one else is gonna get it if u dont die or get hacked.

If that's all their trying to do, they should just either just sell it and not care OR just hold on to it and pretend they don't have it until a monsterly high price :twisted:

Ok, ive seen this tons of times and i think its absolutely stupid(sorry if any one here does it):

People keep alchin holiday drops so they will raise the price...when they alch party hats they get 1gp(wow, a waste of a good 10mil+ for some items). I can understand why they want to raise the price, another reason is for them to be one of a kind(not like collecters are gonna sell their beloved items).

But do they realise that the price will raise any ways if they dont alch but KEEP the items they buy? Its rediculous, one less Party Hat in the whole game, and it could of been yours. If they own alot of party hats, they can control the price little by little if people stop selling.

I think these people are insane (Unless they have heck loadsa cash), what do you guys think?

If somebody REALLY thinks that people highalch party items delibaretely to raise prices... well okay i guess you can find such people who do so also...

I say well done to them. If enough people had the guts to do this, we could eventually wipe out all of these stupid tradeable-drops that are monopolising the market. It's really not in the spirit of the game, and Jagex did the right thing to stop making them tradeable.

Iantiger

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

But most ppl resell em again, and buy em to make profit.

Remember, the only 2 reasons people do this is to:

Increase Price of item

Be one of a kind.

Having alot of party hats to yourself and hardly any one else having one is as unique as these guys can get. Im saying this because its pretty stupid since soon enough if people did this, they could control the price fully. It wouldnt matter, if somebody wanted it and your the only one who has it, you could get any price for it.

Its the way business goes, they could charge as much as they want if there is no competitors. But they will keep it reasonable so they actualy make money.

Remember, the only 2 reasons people do this is to:

Increase Price of item

Be one of a kind.

some people do it for fun... or see if you actually get that 1 gp as people say you do

I have never seen people do this to raise the price or make it 'one of a kind'

Generally people do this when they quit... they say "to hell with it" pretty much... Same as I think ian said it, if I were to quit I would sell all I have, buy some phats, and alch them while laughing my arse off.

It has nothing to do with the money behind it, it is more of a... hmm how to say it, it is just something in your head like "yea I did this" Who cares about the economy, who cares about the prices... They arn't going to gain anything by buying 3 phats, alching 2 of them, and making the price go up 500k.... because they just spent 30m to get them :roll:

Believe me, it isn't about the money when they do this

Generally people do this when they quit... they say "to hell with it" pretty much... Same as I think ian said it, if I were to quit I would sell all I have, buy some phats, and alch them while laughing my arse off.

It has nothing to do with the money behind it, it is more of a... hmm how to say it, it is just something in your head like "yea I did this" Who cares about the economy, who cares about the prices... They arn't going to gain anything by buying 3 phats, alching 2 of them, and making the price go up 500k.... because they just spent 30m to get them :roll:

Yes i know that people do that, didnt the 90mil gone guy do it? Believe it or not, but there are a few that do it. I used to know one of them til they got hacked.

If i ever got insanely rich and decided to quit, i would first buy all the rares in the game, eat all the eggs and pumpkins, open the crackers, drink the wines and alch all the masks phats and disks. I hate holiday items.

A man after my own heart :)

My thoughts exactly. Dump all rares into the river Salve.

lpinkus

Yes i know that people do that, didnt the 90mil gone guy do it? Believe it or not, but there are a few that do it. I used to know one of them til they got hacked.

Well those 'few' that do are idiots because in the long run they lose money :roll:

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the 90million gone guy (which was actually around 76 mill, and that is just in todays prices) was doing it because he quit

Seriously, IF i got a phat ( which last few months i got it but sold ) , i seldom use them ....jus afraid tat i afk a while and Random event like MoM and Genie Visit mi and so i Ignore ..and WoHOo..10 Mil Gone ?

No Way will i take the risk...

During training in combat, i see many pple wif santa and Phat Training...

though maybe their lvl are 2x the monster

I Might as well Buy something more useful Like My rune large...the stats are sure higher than Phat 1000000x ?

i think they shouldnt alch them they should keep them and say they alched them then they have all the phats in the bank when the price hits 10m