Why alch rares?

demonmike05

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never realized there were so many others like me, who say to heck with the phats. It's a shame JAGeX can't just get rid of them altogether, or make them untradeable. Too many people would get mad and quit, I suppose, but the game would be better off.

lpinkus

if jagex wanted to eliminate phats once and for all, just set them to alch for 1 mil more than they are currently worth. That way, people would start buying them and alching them for money. And they would dissappear. but maybe people arent that stupid...

I dunno, it has 1 advantage tho:

Becus the price will go up, it will prevent little noobus from getting 1 or 2 lucky dragon drops and obtaining a status item after.

You missed the whole point of what he said. Let me spell it out easier for you:

Let's say there are 100 phats in existance, 20 of them are being sold, 60 are being kept, and 20 are alched:

if 60 are being kept, and the other 20 alched, that's 80 phats that will NEVER make it into the hands of someone else.

if 60 are being kept, and if instead of those other 20 being alched they are kept also, that is STILL 80 total phats that will NEVER make it into the hands of someone else.

What they were trying to say was, if you're an idiot and think you're being "sneaky" and raising the price by alching it, you're not. If you just keep it an NEVER let anyone else have it, that's 1 less phat on the market. The less phats on the market, the higher they cost.

See what I'm saying? If not...*patpat*...I'm sorry you lack common sense.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

if jagex wanted to eliminate phats once and for all, just set them to alch for 1 mil more than they are currently worth. That way, people would start buying them and alching them for money. And they would dissappear. but maybe people arent that stupid...

That's interesting, sort of a way to get rid of them without making phat merchants mad so they quit. Perhaps...

They could be tradeable up to a week or so while players marketed them. Then, each player alchs it and is given a random amount, say, between 500K and 2 or 3 mil. I'm sure I'm making lots of you mad, but hey, my opinion. :) If I had millions, I'd buy all your phats and eat them with some doogle leaves, for flavoring. Mmmmm...worthlessstatussymbol-licious :)

lpinkus

Such ignorant bast0rds (*coughapoccough*) deserve 2 get banned...

im not ignorant, nor a bastard, and I dont think I should get banned, but try to get your point across anyway, id like to understand.

can you even begin to imagine the amount of money being brought into the game by doing that? billions of gp would be brought in almost all at once, which is imo worse than having the hats in the game.

lol its all in vain if there was 500 phats one day and 500 phats the next itd still raise an extra 200k or one day there 400 and the next theres 120 .. itll still raise at the same rate sooner or later the market is either

A) relise holiday items arn't worth it

B)refuse to pay 50mill for a blue phat

[[[[[[[[FLAME PROOF SHIELD]]]]]]]]]

im not ignorant, nor a *, and I dont think I should get banned, but try to get your point across anyway, id like to understand.

Wats ur RSN?

The reason is that they remove the party hats from the game, that thousands of other ppl would have wanted to buy, just for their own profit.

Ya know, its not like there are unlimited phats... Thats y I also think phat should be made untradable.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

im not ignorant, nor a *, and I dont think I should get banned, but try to get your point across anyway, id like to understand.

Wats ur RSN?

The reason is that they remove the party hats from the game, that thousands of other ppl would have wanted to buy, just for their own profit.

Ya know, its not like there are unlimited phats... Thats y I also think phat should be made untradable.

if p hats were untradeable think about the millions of gp people would have lost buying them as an investment.

I dunno, it has 1 advantage tho:

Becus the price will go up, it will prevent little noobus from getting 1 or 2 lucky dragon drops and obtaining a status item after.

You missed the whole point of what he said. Let me spell it out easier for you:

Let's say there are 100 phats in existance, 20 of them are being sold, 60 are being kept, and 20 are alched:

if 60 are being kept, and the other 20 alched, that's 80 phats that will NEVER make it into the hands of someone else.

if 60 are being kept, and if instead of those other 20 being alched they are kept also, that is STILL 80 total phats that will NEVER make it into the hands of someone else.

What they were trying to say was, if you're an idiot and think you're being "sneaky" and raising the price by alching it, you're not. If you just keep it an NEVER let anyone else have it, that's 1 less phat on the market. The less phats on the market, the higher they cost.

See what I'm saying? If not...*patpat*...I'm sorry you lack common sense.

95% of that people will lose it or sell it back later, to make a profit.

So seeing that, not much people really keep one... Most of em get rid of it 1 way or another.

Don't make me look stupid tho, I know how this game works, and about 80% of the people I know with phats that they wanted to keep, sold it back sooner or later.

Btw, who are you? :S

And Suliman, if you set the alch prices high, people will alch more rares, meaning there will be less party-hats, meaning prices will rise even more.

can you even begin to imagine the amount of money being brought into the game by doing that? billions of gp would be brought in almost all at once, which is imo worse than having the hats in the game.

Yes, but once they're gone, they're gone. Right now they're traded over and over again, and that brings money into the game, too.

lpinkus

Wats ur RSN?

if p hats were untradeable think about the millions of gp people would have lost buying them as an investment.

That's unfortunate, but everyone who invests in a party hat should know that JAGeX feels merchanting them is not in the spirit of the game; they say as much on the website.

lpinkus

You are missing the point.

To you, a party hat is money. You see it as money, and all it is worth to you is money. I know this because of the things you have said. However, to some very rich people, party hats are not seen as money. They are seen as a mere status symbol. The value of a party hat to someone with 1 Bil GP is so insignificat that they can alch party hats just for fun, or just being able to say they did it.

If I ever get really really really rich, I will buy every party hat in the game, and alch them all. I really don't like "rare items".

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Unfortunately u wont be able to make a single step into the wildy then :D

Why? Because he alched rares? He has more of a right to get rid of them than anyone has to merchant them.

lpinkus

If i ever got insanely rich and decided to quit, i would first buy all the rares in the game, eat all the eggs and pumpkins, open the crackers, drink the wines and alch all the masks phats and disks. I hate holiday items.

*clutches mask very tightly...vvvveeerrrryyyy tttttiiiiigggghhhhttttllllyyyy*

andysigwhitemc.jpg

dude i got pked and lost my full zezima