Nukeing the hand that feeds you??

time2quit

Well today has been some day, a ridiculious day if you ask me, and rs is imo set to implode when all the children come home from school and discover this.

Jagex have systematically destroyed what made rs unique, and was a key part of the game - PvP duel and pking. But not only have they wiped this out of the game they have stamped out most ways of generaly enjoying this game, high leveled monster fighting, and especially after the relise of GWD with 4 more boss monsters this poses a very sever problem. For example I went with my clan to Bandos on saturday, we got tassets, 2m a pop for all those present. But come january that just wouldnt work out.

In their single minded quest to stop rwt jagex may well have cost themselves their game, for those that quit today and in the weeks and months to follow will not just be RWTers but good honest players, and the longterm and high leveled ones especially. I personally like much of the rs community am undecided about what to do now, stick it out, or hang up my gear.

Surely some though must have been put into just how to curb RWT, but based on the backlash past present and future they are reciving.. they either didn't think about it to much, or really don't understand their customers; I'm not sure what is more disturbing...

This brings up an important issue. When people are willing to riot in their thousands about these changes, and risk the possible arbitary mutings that can happen, aswell al look at rsof or tip and all those considering quiting. Jagex seam to have lost touch, and not understand that, our membership PAYS their salarys... Admitidly with advertising to, but we in effect pay ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 of $5 a month and are their customers.. And surely if that many of your customers are THAT anyed at you then your in a very grave situation indeed...

I doubt though that anything will change based on today, I would love to no just how much money these updates have cost them... As I'm sure many a long term player would.. But thats not going to happen either.

Gf jagex you didn't just bite the hand that feeds you, you grabbed said hand pulled the hand owner in and nuked them. OTT reactions cost jobs, which when enough people do leave will happen. Personally im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing, I like the fact that you brought rs to us, but if you dont care that much to put us through this, I feel myself not careing if Jagex Inc has to lose 1/5/10/100 etc employees.

Evil Ali 989

RSC - 10/12/2007 (probally...)

Oh congratulations on finally getting rid of the RWTs, was it worth it though...

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

=D> go Jagex

Amazingly insightful update, about freaking time. *waves good bye to pkers* love it love it love it =D> :thumbsup: \' .....I am all about some high lev monsters making my clue solving a pain.....bring it.....but making some giggling 12 yo happy because I lagged or because he teamed me with 5 of his giggling buddies was annoying to say the least..it isnt like pkers had any spine anyway....more like a pack of yapping puppies who seek to annoy clue solvers, if they were the "warriors" they thought they were, they would solo pk.

Good job Jagex. Now I can sit back and laugh out loud at the incoming 5,000 rants screaming "we are going to quit!", "ZOMG you just ruined the game!"..."lets protest in Fally!"......rofl.....love it love it love it

*sips coffee and watches threads* good times good times

EDIT: Give it a month, the whiners will quiet down :XD: , or quit <3: and we will ALL adjust and move on with our lives...with or without you.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

=D> go Jagex

Amazingly insightful update, about freaking time. *waves good bye to pkers* love it love it love it =D> :thumbsup: \' .....I am all about some high lev monsters making my clue solving a pain.....bring it.....but making some giggling 12 yo happy because I lagged or because he teamed me with 5 of his giggling buddies was annoying to say the least..it isnt like pkers had any spine anyway....more like a pack of yapping puppies who seek to annoy clue solvers, if they were the "warriors" they thought they were, they would solo pk.

Good job Jagex. Now I can sit back and laugh out loud at the incoming 5,000 rants screaming "we are going to quit!", "ZOMG you just ruined the game!"..."lets protest in Fally!"......rofl.....love it love it love it

*also siping coffee*

*but looking at a game in its death throws*

Its not just the pkers, I do pk rarely, like once every 2 months or so...

Monster hunters took a massive hit

Drop parties gone

Presents (pretty much) gone

the abyss is now so safe its a joke, say what you want pkers helped keep prices down

wildy rune mineing, pretty dead

wildy clues, dead

wildy replaced by a shame thats both redicusly safe (rc) then ott (rune)

how can your friends return stuff for you in places like armadlys room??

Are we looking at the same game?

Solo GWD'er

imo set to implode when all the children come home from school and discover this.

or they could implode, either way.

im kind of glad this happened, the things id sacrifice to not have to see the word "noob" less.. and some many other things to.

well jagex was like a horse

silly to say but let me explain

a horse has this black thingys next tot his eyes so he wouldnt get distracted by the croud around him when hes riding infront of a carriage....

so he only sees the road in frond of him...

thats what jagex did, they were tired of there game being ruined by RWT that they had to do something...

in their urge to do this they ruined their game more than any RWT'er could ever do...

RSN:neovenator

proud fire cape owner

proud fighter torso owner

well jagex was like a horse

silly to say but let me explain

a horse has this black thingys next tot his eyes so he wouldnt get distracted by the croud around him when hes riding infront of a carriage....

so he only sees the road in frond of him...

thats what jagex did, they were tired of there game being ruined by RWT that they had to do something...

in their urge to do this they ruined their game more than any RWT'er could ever do...

Jagex may have been like a horse...

But they acted like a bull in a china shop...

How many similies have been used so far today?

Solo GWD'er

I read the update before school it took me 40 minutes to read all of it and I was almost late to catch the bus. You have to look at the bright side jagex atleast tried something. They were doing it for us.

=D> go Jagex

*also siping coffee*

Drop parties gone

the abyss is now so safe its a joke, say what you want pkers helped keep prices down

wildy clues, dead

Well IMHO, there never was much of a pker thing ongoing anyway anymore. Allow me to explain; Go in the wildy....to see ONE white dot....rare...I did 5 clues yesterday while slaying...5....white dots I saw? two...both seperate, and both ran as soon as they saw my lev....go outside of the wildy....white dots everywhere, heck its hard to find a quiet spot......so which should have the priority for consideration?...the .1% pkers....or the 99.9% skiller/slayer/trainers?....think about it...it may be the end of pking as we know it....but in reality, it was a waste of space. Time to move on and make the game enjoyable for the 99.9%. Yes I know, that number is purely pulled from the thin air.....put not to far off I think when you look at the number of players overall.

lord+krohn.png

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

[hide=Big quote @ lord krohn]

=D> go Jagex

*also siping coffee*

Drop parties gone

wildy clues, dead

Well IMHO, there never was much of a pker thing ongoing anyway anymore. Allow me to explain; Go in the wildy....to see ONE white dot....rare...I did 5 clues yesterday while slaying...5....white dots I saw? two...both seperate, and both ran as soon as they saw my lev....go outside of the wildy....white dots everywhere, heck its hard to find a quiet spot......so which should have the priority for consideration?...the .1% pkers....or the 99.9% skiller/slayer/trainers?....think about it...it may be the end of pking as we know it....but in reality, it was a waste of space. Time to move on and make the game enjoyable for the 99.9%. Yes I know, that number is purely pulled from the thin air.....put not to far off I think when you look at the number of players overall.

[/hide]

Yeah your just focusing on pking, what about the rest,

merchanting

boss hunting in a team

dueling

helping out a friend

drop parties etc..

Sure you may not like any or all of them.. but they are a key part of the game, and each one has a big member pool.

Solo GWD'er

Personally I feel that Jagex has moved in the right direction.

Not only does the last few months of updates remove rwt, but it also removes scams, account hacking (why hack a account for gold when you can't transfer it?), merchanting is no longer possible for the average joe, duelers now have to actually work for their money via the duel tournament.

With the release of the clan wars, you can now finally try out wars with ones full power without risk of loosing anything (seeing that you don't loose items while in the clan war you can bring out your best items and have a epic battle!) and the bounty hunter is yet another genious update to make pking more fun!

I think this is for the greater good.

The only thing I have mixed feelings about is the 3k imbalance trade limit. Of course it removes rwt, but with a 3k limit, one can't give his friend a gift or recieve one for that matter.

I think jagex ought to make some sort of system which would allow you to give items to your friends. Like if you've had someone on your list for well over a month perhaps? But it could be abused as any system I guess.

Lending money will also be impossible with this update. Maybe jagex could add the option to take loans from the rs bank(with interests of course)? It is a bank after all.

Anyways, this weeks update is one of the best so far in my books, hand in hand with the Grand Exchange!

Oh, and about those drop party changes.... Again, it's impossible to do rwt in there now that the entire world is going to know if you drop more than 1m in there, soooo....

I think jagex ought to make a new room available to build in your house, a party room! Would require a certain amount of ppl to be able to drop a certain amount of gold in your house in your parties. (just a idea)

Dead+Dude4.png

[hide=Big quote @ lord krohn]
=D> go Jagex

*also siping coffee*

Drop parties gone

wildy clues, dead

[/hide]

Yeah your just focusing on pking, what about the rest,

merchanting they just drive up prices, the faster they die off the better it will be for the rest of us.

boss hunting in a team You can still do this...unlesss you mean your buddy can't pick up your items upon death.....not to familiar with that or how the change affects it, so my opinion is irrelevent

dueling never dueled, my opinion here is irrelevent

helping out a friend I solo everything, but understand that is a problem with the update :-k

drop parties etc.. true true...they got to do something to curb the RWT though, or like Andrew said, when you cheat, the game is cool and fun for a little while, but since it is no longer a challenge, they quit anyway. Better to do something now so that this time next year, this is but a memory, and the game has been cleaned up. The cheaters will quit and move onto another game....good riddance. I for one am about sick of all the people who have laughable stats, and running around in bordos and godswords. No it isn't jealousy, because I drop my monsters faster then they do, because the whip IS the ultimate trainer for hourly xp. Those occasional high hits look purty with the godsword, but the consistent 30-39 whip hits do more per hour

Sure you may not like any or all of them.. but they are a key part of the game, and each one has a big member pool.

[/b]

I still think it is a significantly small number of players compared to the VAST number of people who train/skill etc

lord+krohn.png

=D> go Jagex

EDIT: Give it a month, the whiners will quiet down :XD: , or quit <3: and we will ALL adjust and move on with our lives...with or without you.

maybe it'll take you reading those 5000 rants before you have an iota of why people are unhappy? It's the solo Pk'ers who can no longer exist, the yapping 12yo's who team and hang round wih their 20 mates and go OMG I own u, they are OK, they still have somewhere to PK. It is the Solo Pk'ers that have no point in playing the game anymore.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

=D> go Jagex

*also siping coffee*

Drop parties gone

wildy clues, dead

SO people don't have the right to be annoyed at it because they are now a minority?

I (no doubt lots of people say this) started playing RS 6 years ago. Personally I'm sorry but I see no point whatsoever in gettting lvls purely for the sake of getting lvls.. thus why 6 years and so many lvls under 50. and pretty bad combat too.

You may see a reason in having lots of gp? you may see a reason in getting lvls to kill higher monsters to get higher lvls to kill higher monsters etc.. but I don't I see that as no skill just repeating an action.

PKing was a skill, as you say PKing was dying anway, but it started dying on the day RS2 was realeased.. why? because it as a lot harder to get a kill solo PKing and a lot easier to die solo PKing due to clans.

So yeah over the years maybe we have become a minority, but a lot of PK'ers have been playing RS a very long time most I know since classic, ok a lot of people rant, but did we care when people went and got 126 in 3 months in PC? no because usually its after they got 126 that they came in the wild and donated their items to us solo PK'ers cos they come in acting so big and mighty, but levels don't equate to PKing skill, PKing was perhaps one of the widest skills in RS that doesnt have a level. The amount of knowledge a good PK'er has about the wild and tactics is vast, compared to say a dragon killer or kalphite killer or farmer or woodcutter.

Fine you may think us wothless because you got PK'ed by a group of 12 year olds, but that's exactly why I love the wild, No matter how good someone thinks they are you can kill them. they can kill you, ok you get a lot of lure teams, you get a lot of clans who have no idea about the wild at all, except group attack or tag teaming. But those people will still be in the wild or the "new wild". It's solo PKing that died today.

Skillers all cried their little hearts out when low levels could fish and mine etc.. because of assist, they cried so much over something so trivial Jagex changed it.

Solo PK'ers and there is lots of us, usually only play Runescape to PK, they are the people that are upset, they have lost the whole reason they have to play this game, there is no longer a reason. So yes they are upset and have every right to be upset, minority or not. To us this isn't something trivial like ohhh a guy with low fishing can catch shark now :-((. It's the entie reason we play runescape.

you sir have the same, "lol ur dead omg owned rofl", attitude of the 12 year olds you seem to dislike in the wild. Solo Pking just died, the whole reason a lot of players play has just gne, and ur sitting there saying lol owned c ya. But TBH most of those 12yo pkers that killed you probably wouldnt have come on here saying how happy they are solo PKing was broken because they were once killed by a lvl 125,

I'm so sorry for you, that you once got killed by a few kids and so happy you can now go in the wild without fear of being killed, because that's what the wild should be of course a nice safe place for lvl 125's who dont like being killed.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

=D> go Jagex

*also siping coffee*

Drop parties gone

wildy clues, dead

SO people don't have the right to be annoyed at it because they are now a minority?

I (no doubt lots of people say this) started playing RS 6 years ago. Personally I'm sorry but I see no point whatsoever in gettting lvls purely for the sake of getting lvls.. thus why 6 years and so many lvls under 50. and pretty bad combat too.

You may see a reason in having lots of gp? you may see a reason in getting lvls to kill higher monsters to get higher lvls to kill higher monsters etc.. but I don't I see that as no skill just repeating an action.

PKing was a skill, as you say PKing was dying anway, but it started dying on the day RS2 was realeased.. why? because it as a lot harder to get a kill solo PKing and a lot easier to die solo PKing due to clans.

So yeah over the years maybe we have become a minority, but a lot of PK'ers have been playing RS a very long time most I know since classic, ok a lot of people rant, but did we care when people went and got 126 in 3 months in PC? no because usually its after they got 126 that they came in the wild and donated their items to us solo PK'ers cos they come in acting so big and mighty, but levels don't equate to PKing skill, PKing was perhaps one of the widest skills in RS that doesnt have a level. The amount of knowledge a good PK'er has about the wild and tactics is vast, compared to say a dragon killer or kalphite killer or farmer or woodcutter.

Fine you may think us wothless because you got PK'ed by a group of 12 year olds, but that's exactly why I love the wild, No matter how good someone thinks they are you can kill them. they can kill you, ok you get a lot of lure teams, you get a lot of clans who have no idea about the wild at all, except group attack or tag teaming. But those people will still be in the wild or the "new wild". It's solo PKing that died today.

Skillers all cried their little hearts out when low levels could fish and mine etc.. because of assist, they cried so much over something so trivial Jagex changed it.

Solo PK'ers and there is lots of us, usually only play Runescape to PK, they are the people that are upset, they have lost the whole reason they have to play this game, there is no longer a reason. So yes they are upset and have every right to be upset, minority or not. To us this isn't something trivial like ohhh a guy with low fishing can catch shark now :-((. It's the entie reason we play runescape.

you sir have the same, "lol ur dead omg owned rofl", attitude of the 12 year olds you seem to dislike in the wild. Solo Pking just died, the whole reason a lot of players play has just gne, and ur sitting there saying lol owned c ya. But TBH most of those 12yo pkers that killed you probably wouldnt have come on here saying how happy they are solo PKing was broken because they were once killed by a lvl 125,

I'm so sorry for you, that you once got killed by a few kids and so happy you can now go in the wild without fear of being killed, because that's what the wild should be of course a nice safe place for lvl 125's who dont like being killed.

well written reply, and you have some valid points. To set something straight though, I have been pked twice in my entire 3 years of playing, by the same three guys at greens, about 30 mins apart. They were clearly hopping worlds and pking their hearts out, very skilled, my lev or higher ( I was like low 100s at the time) and knew the art of switch hitting in single combat very well......never whined about it, I lost laughable items, and I moved on about my day. I have never pked, find it distasteful, however I have buried around 15 wannabes who had the audacity to jump me when I am doing a clue, and they seemed to dislike dds specs and ice barrage. I do respect the solo pker, because (except rc pkers) that takes real skill and power in my opinion.....unfortunately, you guys have been a dying breed for a long time...now its groups, clans, squads...whatever they want to call themselves.....who think they have accomplished something by group piling a single person.......it would be like watching 12 guys jump a guy in rl.....don't think thats cool or powerful either...just a bunch of spineless ppl who get brave in packs....so I am sad that a part of the game you cherish is gone....but in the grand scheme of things, I still feel it was for the greater good (RWT etc) as it affects a small number of players....I could be wrong....but doubt it as like I said, no white dots in wildy, or very very few.....masses outside...tells me where most people play.

so no I wasn't venting because I had been pked once or twice, many have tried, and many have died. No I do not think I am all that, my combat skills are not even maxed (mage and range)...but I am very successful in surviving....due to skills and stats I suppose....I was saying I am glad the wildy is going, and the space could be beter utilized.

peace

lord+krohn.png

Nukeing the hand that feeds you??

LOL, that made me laugh.

Well today has been some day, a ridiculious day if you ask me, and rs is imo set to implode when all the children come home from school and discover this.

Omg jagex suxs 111!!!!!!!!!!! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! !! L! O!L O! L! O !L!OLOLOLOOOLOOLOLOLOL I QUIT HAHAHHAHAHAH WEEEEEEEWW ! !!! ! !!!111111111111111111111111

2480+ total

=D> go Jagex

It is obvious to me that you must have no mates, because this update will eventually ruin item lending to friends. If anyone thinks this upsate is good, he/she will be in the following categories;

- Has no mates

- Cant PK for toffee

- Only cares about themselves and their sad little world

GF

Quitting.

Pm me if you want to sell a Phat

well written reply, and you have some valid points. To set something straight though, I have pked twice in my entire 3 years of playing, by the same three guys at greens, about 30 mins apart. They were clearly hopping worlds and pking their hearts out, very skilled, my lev or higher ( I was like low 100s at the time) and knew the art of switch hitting in single combat very well......never whined about it, I lost laughable items, and I moved on about my day. I have never pked, find it distasteful, however I have buried around 15 wannabes who had the audacity to jump me when I am doing a clue, and they seemed to dislike dds specs and ice barrage. I do respect the solo pker, because (except rc pkers) that takes real skill and power in my opinion.....unfortunately, you guys have been a dying breed for a long time...now its groups, clans, squads...whatever they want to call themselves.....who think they have accomplished something by group piling a single person.......it would be like watching 12 guys jump a guy in rl.....don't think thats cool or powerful either...just a bunch of spineless ppl who get brave in packs....so I am sad that a part of the game you cherish is gone....but in the grand scheme of things, I still feel it was for the greater good (RWT etc) as it affects a small number of players....I could be wrong....but doubt it as like I said, no white dots in wildy, or very very few.....masses outside...tells me where most people play.

so no I wasn't venting because I had been pked once or twice, many have tried, and many have died. No I do not think I am all that, my combat skills are not even maxed (mage and range)...but I am very successful in surviving....due to skills and stats I suppose....I was saying I am glad the wildy is going, and the space could be beter utilized.

peace

I think one thing that doesn't help is a lot of the complainers right now are clan / tagging etc.. PK'ers & part time PK'ers the same people who go crazy on every single update there has been. It is funny my first post on tip was a rant, about people never being happy with updates and crying all the time.

I initially read all the updates and diaries and thought it seemd quite a good idea,

I have no problem, I support Jagex for trying to stop real world trading, I have no problem with the fact they made the new areas.

I too have always hated teamers / clans taggers etc etc, who think bcause they have numbers they are somehow better than you.

I spend about 75% of my time in f2p wild on this char, about 20 % on p2p wild on a different char and the other 5% outside of the wild.

When I read that they'd gotten rid of teleblock I was extremely happy, at last they must have stopped teleing, and when I got there they had indeed.

The whole time I was reading the updates I was excited but worried, I have sometimes thought an update was wrong before, but I have always given them a chance, some I still dont like, but I have no problem with them being in the game, I know there are parts of the game I like and others don't and vice versa, however the reason I was excited is because the updates I think are a step in the right direction. iE: no teles in the fighting areas, the different targets so its not always people 10 lvls above that attack you. all great. Freeing up the rest of the wild so people can do clue etc.. with difficult foes, but at least known threats. All good stuff.

The thing that worried me? would it be single or multi combat..

Walked in it was multi combat was attacked by a clan straight away. (luckily a bad clan I was able to run to door). Then I reealised the part of the game I have played 6 years is just gone.

OK it's just a game, maybe I'll find something else I enjoy on here, if not I probably will quit, I dont mean that in a OMG this is so bad I'm gonna quit way, I mean if there is nothing else I enjoy in the game, I shall probably just not log on again it wont be a big issue or something I have to tell everyone even people that dont know me about lol.

But Right now I am very annoyed at that, I feel I have every right as does everyone else who only PK's on RS. They may lose a few thousand members maybe even over 10k, I doubt it but maybe, It wont matter to RS, indeed it wont matter to anyone who doesn't quit, it probably after a while wont even matter to those that do quit.

But right now I think every Solo Pker has a right to rant.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

deep pain..you are absolutely right, this is the rants forum afterall....I knew when I read the update, and logged into tipit, that I would see exactly what I saw....threads flying in with 3 lines of omg im quitting...blah blah...but for those like you, who I believe to be few and far between....your type of rs gaming, might have just gone away. :(

=D> go Jagex

It is obvious to me that you must have no mates, because this update will eventually ruin item lending to friends. If anyone thinks this upsate is good, he/she will be in the following categories;

- Has no mates

- Cant PK for toffee

- Only cares about themselves and their sad little world

GF

Nice try weakling...but when you make assumptions.... :XD:

-My friend list is full...I have the lowest stats of the group....all are adults...all have more then I, and I (might want to squint at my siggie to read slayer drop count) am doing just fine 8-)

item lending? rofl....we all have the same stuff.

-I dont PK, but have buried my share, feel free to try me with your pitiful stats.

-I am very happy in "my lil world"...in RL I am an active duty US Naval Officer with 22 years of service thus far...my wife is a school teacher....and we do just fine *looks out window at 2005 and 2006 vehicles sitting in the driveway of his two story home* so wipe your nose, and go back to school. Leave the real discussions to the big boys...'kay?

EDIT: Off topic...woot! I will be 92 slayer within a hour *dances*

lord+krohn.png

=D> go Jagex

=D> =D> =D> well said my comrade! in a month or 2, noone wil notice \'

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Well bye blessing it wich works for 1hour... should be enought to:

-walk to bank and get stuf for gwd and edgars ruse tele-4minutes maybe if you got a unsorted bank

-edgars ruse tele from cammy=0.2minute

-walk to the gwd from edgars ruse tele= 4minutes if you are very unlucky?

-getting 40 kil count= idk? maybe 10 minutes

-use your crosbow and get to armaldy bos= 2minutes

-run in and get atleast your best stuf back and tele out while sipping sara potions for life= 0.5minute

total= about 21minutes

well that should be manageable

=D> go Jagex

=D> =D> =D> well said my comrade! in a month or 2, noone wil notice \'

:thumbsup: hehe, soooo sick of the "ZOMG it's the end of the world" drama after EVERY update.....adjust, and move on...or quit. whichever. :ohnoes:

lord+krohn.png