Loner pking is dead

Sanctus_Petrus

Surely, the new update has ruined loner (or solo) pking. But can't you just adapt to new system by joining clans? Big clans own at bh.

Also, you won't be able to pass stuff from your main to your pure anymore. But at least it will be easier to make money since all the bots will be gone.

Just something to think about before you quit....

090831004444.png

Also, you won't be able to pass stuff from your main to your pure anymore. But at least it will be easier to make money since all the bots will be gone.

You shouldn't do that in the first place. That's also one of the reason that Jagex did what they did. :!:

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

Trust me. The whiners and moaners threatening to quit, are the people you and I want to quit in the first place.

Of course we all know that half will make new secret chars, to continue playing, and the other half will return within a year.

Also, you won't be able to pass stuff from your main to your pure anymore. But at least it will be easier to make money since all the bots will be gone

Drop trade scum = owned.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

Trust me. The whiners and moaners threatening to quit, are the people you and I want to quit in the first place.

Nah, its always sad to see players leave no matter what they do for fun.

I have a few good friends who basically all they did was pk alone. So they are basically forced to either join a clan to keep pking or quit. I rather they stay :(

090831004444.png

I have a few good friends who basically all they did was pk alone. So they are basically forced to either join a clan to keep pking or quit. I rather they stay :(

Cmon dude.. If they don't enjoy the game as much as they did before, they are better off not playing it. Isn't that right?

Cmon dude.. If they don't enjoy the game as much as they did before, they are better off not playing it. Isn't that right?

One of the great things about RS is that we don't all do the same thing. We all have different things that keep us in game.

For a lot of people, that one thing was pking alone. New update pretty much destroyed it. You can't do well in bh unless you are with a clan. And this is hard to understand unless you were a solo pker or you have friends who were.

And no, I'm not better off without them, specially since they are long time friends.

090831004444.png

Surely, the new update has ruined loner (or solo) pking. But can't you just adapt to new system by joining clans? Big clans own at bh.

I think the one change we will almost surely see to bh will be the addition of a solo combat area.

BH *should* be the answer for most PKers out there (even though most will still complain about the old wildy being gone) but the way it works now really isn't much fun or very fair. Its too easy to get chopped down by a clan of rogue hunters.

I would be shocked if this wasn't the first tweaking of the new updates we see. I don't expect wholesale changes but if they can make bh more of a viable alternative for PKers, it'll probably stop the bleeding for a bit.

One of the great things about RS is that we don't all do the same thing. We all have different things that keep us in game.

For a lot of people, that one thing was pking alone. New update pretty much destroyed it. You can't do well in bh unless you are with a clan. And this is hard to understand unless you were a solo pker or you have friends who were.

And no, I'm not better off without them, specially since they are long time friends.

now this is a guy i like !

you know ive been pking for hell of a long time

and im kinda tired of ppl just like foo-a-ji cause pking is part of the game

i personally dont like he other skills like woodcutting or fishing cause its just too time consuming and boring for me but when i get to the wildy you better be prepared :)

and now with the droptrade gone (how the hell you do you expect to buy all the food, weapons,potions,...with a account that only has 82 str and 60 attck ?) ALOT of pure will be useless...

the only thing is that even though all this stuff kinda sucks... what bothers me the most is the fact that ALOT ppl comsumed REALLY REALLY a long time training their pures and now its ... useless

cause you cant droptrade or say to a friend to give your pure some sharks you just cooked

i personally dont like he other skills like woodcutting or fishing cause its just too time consuming and boring for me but when i get to the wildy you better be prepared :)

and now with the droptrade gone (how the hell you do you expect to buy all the food, weapons,potions,...with a account that only has 82 str and 60 attck ?) ALOT of pure will be useless...

the only thing is that even though all this stuff kinda sucks... what bothers me the most is the fact that ALOT ppl comsumed REALLY REALLY a long time training their pures and now its ... useless

cause you cant droptrade or say to a friend to give your pure some sharks you just cooked

That was also illegal before the update, so there is really no difference...

Unless you`ve done it...?

lillefix0.png

You sir, are exactly the kind of player I hate. You simply do not care about the game. Runescape is NOT purely centred around combat and it does not have an easy option for turning it purely around combat. If you can't be bothered with getting your stuff the legal way then this isn't the kind of game for you!

Hell, if players droptrade they deserve to lose ALL their accounts, not just the pure.

phata_elise.png

That was also illegal before the update, so there is really no difference...

Unless you`ve done it...?

i didnt say i did i only said that there are possibly ppl who might maybe have done it back then and now cant anymore nor can they do anything with their pures

its kinda like being banned

No problems for you though is there? The update was brilliant for non-members :).

Yes it is sad that 1 vs 1 pking is now dead really even though JaGex didn't want it to be but they underestimated our ability to annoy someone even if it means causing damage to ourselves.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

You sir, are exactly the kind of player I hate. You simply do not care about the game. Runescape is NOT purely centred around combat and it does not have an easy option for turning it purely around combat. If you can't be bothered with getting your stuff the legal way then this isn't the kind of game for you!

Hell, if players droptrade they deserve to lose ALL their accounts, not just the pure.

1 i dident say runescape was all bout combat, i said that i personally enjoyed pk more than anything

2 who told u im making my money illegal ? im maybe one of the most simple minded rsers ever ... all i do is high alch ...

3 this is what you get for saying your opinion....

i dont really care bout the fact you hate me or not for i dont even know you but try to accepet others opinion ... it would make life alot easier

I agree. I tried out the clan wars and BH last night, and clan wars was a heap of fun, but it does get a tad boring quite quickly. There is no reward for effort/skill ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ just the knowledge that your clan defeated another.

Then I tried out BH in F2P, for me it seemed just like clan wars except you do get the reward for effort/skill with a few major flaws.

1) After you get a kill, and your mates decide to leave ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ you might be stuck there for 3 mins all alone packing full rune!

2) If you have attacked someone, fought a bit and then get jumped on but escape through the exit, then restock and go back in ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ you can get an instant message that your opponent died and you get a 3 minute countdown off the bat!

3) No solo areas to enjoy most what I did before ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ pking at edge. This is what I played RS for mostly, and used to train my stats to become better at it. What now?

Tried out BH in P2P which was very sad indeed. 100 1 itemers carrying DDS, with the occasional barrager thrown in for good measure. Unless you are in a large team, forget about setting foot in Bounty Hunter. The highscores table reflects those in a large team, not those who have the most pking skill.

I am unlikely to go back to Bounty Hunter ever, unless my clan makes an event that forces me there. This will change the way I play RS massively, and will lead to me just training skills, or monster hunting. I for one hope summoning is something magnificent, and something that can be used to help out ex solo pkers.