The Effect of the New Updates on the Runescape Economy

jackg243

To transfer items, couldn't one simply drop items or get killed on purpose to a monster while no one else was around? Also, what is going to stop people from botting to make their bounty hunter chars? I don't see how this update helps at all or was crucial in any way.

P.S. I haven't played this game since runescape 1, so I probably have no idea if people can drop transfer anymore or what not.

To transfer items, couldn't one simply drop items or get killed on purpose to a monster while no one else was around? Also, what is going to stop people from botting to make their bounty hunter chars? I don't see how this update helps at all or was crucial in any way.

P.S. I haven't played this game since runescape 1, so I probably have no idea if people can drop transfer anymore or what not.

Items dropped over a 3k value don't show up, when you die there is now a grave and people can't get your items. Bounty hunter couldn't be botted, seeing as most real players can't do anything in it at all.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The smarter macroers will still survive. There are some macro bots that hav colour sensing. If a good programmer gets a program with these colour sensing powers, then he can program it to complete every random event in the game as fast as possible. And if you have access to the right proxies and allow javascript, you can play RuneScape from multiple IPs. This is how most macroers get all their bots on one world, so this can easily be adapted to allow their mules/mains to trade with their gatherers without dropping items. And as for PKing: it shouldn't be affected too badly now that there's the bounty hunter game. Clans and pures still dominate the sport, and anyone can still kill other people if they know what they're doing. It's in a smaller area, which is good, but it's counteracted somewhat by the different arenas. It might even be better the way it is. There's a bank right next to the arena, so warriors can get all of their items quickly. If players are killed, they spawn outside the arena. People know who have more valuables, so the money will move faster, because people who have more money are obviously top-priority targets. But, the time delays might completely counteract all of it. I don't reallt think so, but time will tell.

The smarter macroers will still survive. There are some macro bots that hav colour sensing. If a good programmer gets a program with these colour sensing powers, then he can program it to complete every random event in the game as fast as possible. And if you have access to the right proxies and allow javascript, you can play RuneScape from multiple IPs. This is how most macroers get all their bots on one world, so this can easily be adapted to allow their mules/mains to trade with their gatherers without dropping items.

Do you have any idea whatsoever what's going on? Jagex didn't just add more random events or some useless crap like that. In Jan 2nd, they'll remove unbalanced trade. That basically kills the autoing/gold farming community, period.

And as for PKing: it shouldn't be affected too badly now that there's the bounty hunter game. Clans and pures still dominate the sport, and anyone can still kill other people if they know what they're doing. It's in a smaller area, which is good, but it's counteracted somewhat by the different arenas. It might even be better the way it is. There's a bank right next to the arena, so warriors can get all of their items quickly. If players are killed, they spawn outside the arena. People know who have more valuables, so the money will move faster, because people who have more money are obviously top-priority targets. But, the time delays might completely counteract all of it. I don't reallt think so, but time will tell.

Errm.. lol? Have you ever pked? Have you ever played Bounty Hunter?

Bounty hunter is a mockery of what pking used to be. You basically have all the one-iteming, teaming scum shoved into a tiny box. You walk in, you get hit by 7-10 people, and you die.. this time losing all your belongings(except if you managed to click protect prayer in time) without even attacking anyone. At least in the old wild I had single combat zones, and I could actually avoid fighting these types of people. Also, the fairness level simply isn't there. In the old wild, at least I could choose which level range of players I wished to fight! Sorry, but pitting a lvl. 20 against a lvl 55 just doesn't seem too fair to me..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

1: Holy [cabbage]. Sorry, I've just been gone from this game for a great while. I've just started catching up on JaGeX's piles upon piles of crap. I guess that the bots are pretty much finished. And that would also get rid of multiple accounts being used at once, because there would be no advantage to it. I guess we're not gonna see any more people like Duke Freedom for a great while.

2: Even though you get instantly owned, anything of real value will get picked up in there by someone, and they'll sell it, making money and items move around.

2: Even though you get instantly owned, anything of real value will get picked up in there by someone, and they'll sell it, making money and items move around.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying there... :wall:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

1-Like a bunch of people have said, less bots = reduction in supply therefore increase in demand.

2-Jagex is going to try to bring back the PvP element in Runescape, so those items will come back into demand again

3-Some people buy raw materials just for the experience, and don't give a damn about the finished product. Especialy people going for 99s.

-Reck

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

Like a bunch of people have said, less bots = reduction in supply therefore increase in demand

Demand doesn't increase just because supply goes down...

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I would like to say, I disagree with your explanation and parts of your diagram.

Firstly, your diagram should look more like this:

graph.jpg

Firstly, I forgot to put in lost revenue (rather than profit, as you stated - it's a bit of a misnomer).

In a normal economy, such a result would be infeasible b/c supply would greatly outweigh demand and very high prices would result, leading to very few sales until the price reverted back to equilibrium. However, b/c macroers are willing to sell at any price in order to get the gold they need to sell quickly, they continually sell below the market price and gradually lower the average price.

This isn't actually the case. In a normal economy, a surplus in supply leads to lower prices. Why? Because people do not demand that much supply, and at a higher price nobody is willing to buy the produce (it almost could be like the cobweb theorem effect - the supplier predicting how much the consumer demands and ending up supplying too much). Therefore they have to supply at price P2, purely because consumers wouldn't buy it otherwise - it's like a method of drumming up demand for their good and selling more of it. This temporarily makes the supply curve perfectly inelastic, until a new equilibrium is reached.

I also think you need a few ceteris paribus' scattered about - just for consistency since you haven't accounted for unexpected events, such as a sudden love for bounty hunter (like that would ever happen :XD: ) but you get my drift.

Someone can obviously correct me on the finer points if I'm wrong (I'm only doing an A-level in economics after all, I might not be right).

i lost 2m on it, which i got back on some other items getting more worth

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)