Warcraft 3

Craiglowery

I has good things to say - It is easily the best RTS/realtime tactics game ever made, and is essentially perfectly balanced. I don't care what anyone says, it puts Starcraft to shame. AOK is really good, but it's not very balanced and the teams aren't really unique. Plus its more about economy and overall strategy than the exciting combat.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

'tis good!

Never played the campaign for some reason though. There is an amazing amount of different custom maps and games online which will keep you entertained for hours(days,months) Also comes with a map editor so you can make your own campaigns and scenarios and stuff.. So yea... As I said i haven't really played the campaign/normal version of the game so I can't really fill you in on that. But yea, tis a good game.

If you're planning on buying i recommend the Battlechest comes with both WC3 and TFT(Expansion) Also some strategy guides too.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

DOTA blows. It's not real Warcraft.

Actually it's a pretty cool game. Really elaborate, and once you get decent at it, it's pretty fun. Games get very competitive and they have clans just for that one game. I'm not a big fan of the main part of the game like in the campaign, for some reason I could never get into it.

I would recommend buying it though, it's a one time cost and offers an endless supply of custom games people make that are surprisingly fun and addicting.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I have it, and I love it. You can play online, which is a blast, but offline is just fine too. You could probably get it for $20, even less maybe.

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

I has good things to say - It is easily the best RTS/realtime tactics game ever made, and is essentially perfectly balanced. I don't care what anyone says, it puts Starcraft to shame. AOK is really good, but it's not very balanced and the teams aren't really unique. Plus its more about economy and overall strategy than the exciting combat.

yeah that's kinda what RTS's are about real time STRATEGY

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

It's a pretty cool game. I liked AoE: AoK more, but oh well. WC3 is fun. It looks decent, it's easy to learn how to play, you don't need a super computer to play it, and the online is decent. I'd recommend downloading the demo from Blizzard before I bought it though.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

WC3 involves strategy and is therefore a strategy game. Just because AOK or a wealth of other games have deeper strategy elements doesn't mean they are better games.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

WC3 involves strategy and is therefore a strategy game. Just because AOK or a wealth of other games have deeper strategy elements doesn't mean they are better games.

I'd say as far as gameplay goes, it's a matter of opinion whch game is better. Some people like less in-depth games, and prefer the combat over strategy. Some people like to plan out the game for a few hours and then act upon it. As far as gameplay goes, it's pure opinion..this includes playability, concept, replay value, and pretty much how the person wants to play the game.

That's just my opinion though. Personally, I think AOK is a much better game than Warcraft 3, mainly just because I liked planning out how I was going to play the game as I went. It was as if I was actually controlling the civilization. But just because I think that, doesn't make it fact.

Well..there's my 2 or 3 cents worth of text. Back to TS.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg