Help with administrator rights..

T-Roach

Well, dont laugh plz :roll:, I have to share the comp with my family, and my mom is the administrator, took my right's away a while ago, so i want to install a game and I need to have administrator rights to do it...

I try to do it from my moms account, but it is protected by a password..,

Anyway , is there any chance that i can install the game WITHOUT asking my mom?

and plz do not reply that ask my mom..

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

rofl,

omg u gotta admit that its funny but anyway wait till next time she on then call her away then go on and change it.

um why wont she give u rites?

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

Beyond breaking into her account, which wouldn't be that hard to accomplish, I can't think of another solution. Obviously we cannot allow posts about how to crack WinXP accounts on these boards however, so in that case you'll have to look elsewhere.

Beyond breaking into her account, which wouldn't be that hard to accomplish, I can't think of another solution. Obviously we cannot allow posts about how to crack WinXP accounts on these boards however, so in that case you'll have to look elsewhere.

Lol pyro, I love how you left that open ended and the topic unlocked...

so mysterious!! dun dun duuuuunnn!!!!

I'd like to take this opportunity to make fun of windows XP passwords by saying, Why crack the account? That's far too much effort to exert when you can just reset it... lol

I'd like to take this opportunity to make fun of windows XP passwords by saying, Why crack the account? That's far too much effort to exert when you can just reset it... lol

rofl lol omg you are so 1337. What a useful and informative post! ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

well reset makes u lose all info correct? well until the date that u reset too.... unless you format the harddrive.... the guy could do that.... not reckamended but your moms account wouldnt affect u anymore... :P

log the keyboard :wink:

but yea, just like..... ask your momma .. its so much easier

and about the log thing, yes ive discovered ways to get it where logs when PC is "logged out" of a name

well reset makes u lose all info correct? well until the date that u reset too.... unless you format the harddrive.... the guy could do that.... not reckamended but your moms account wouldnt affect u anymore... :P

Actually you'd lose anything encrypted with xp encryption, which I doubt many people use.

And Merc, you're really not in a position to call people trolls. :roll:

Is there a password for the Administrator account? (if there's not, that's pretty sad... :? ) If there isn't, or you know it, you can press control + alt + delete at the login screen (when no one is logged in) and type Administrator as the user. (not sure if this works on the home edition....)

BTW, If you do get into an admin account, I wouldn't change your account to admin.... It's safer to run as a limited user (evil programs can do less b0rkage)

I absolutely hate the "moral police" around here who comment on a "bad game" because the person didn't talk to his mother about it, and other similar comments telling people how they should behave. Either help the person or stay quiet.

Anyways...

Install the game on a different system, then log all new files that have been installed (not only into game dir, but also Windows dir). Then boot your computer outside of Windows (DoS or Linux dis, there are bootable CD's with Knoppix for example) and copy file for file all installed files.

You'll still have a prob with registry though (not sure how you can edit registry outside of being logged in Windows, and non-admins can't do it then). Game may or may not work.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

wow... didnt think of that....

I was wondering...

How much is linix and how hard to understand? Im familier with dos and C++ and im king of 9x but linux is something i never touched... any info is great

wow... didnt think of that....

I was wondering...

How much is linix and how hard to understand? Im familier with dos and C++ and im king of 9x but linux is something i never touched... any info is great

Linux is free, however there are endless ammount's over 'versions' of it, because of the fact that users have the ability to edit it \ get source for it.

All versions are a little different... for the most part, once you get the hang of it, it is a breeze. It is just a matter of learning, and with differnt forms of linux that can be harder or easier depending on what you get :wink:

hey well that really wasnt what i was asking. Do i need to buy the book? Is linux a computer OP that may take over? Would you reckamend it for a nerd like who loves computers but is happy with windows? I heard that u can switch screans or something which would be cool. I have a dummy comp that i will load it on.... hehehe gound in a junk pile, so fun to make it run.

hey well that really wasnt what i was asking. Do i need to buy the book? Is linux a computer OP that may take over? Would you reckamend it for a nerd like who loves computers but is happy with windows? I heard that u can switch screans or something which would be cool. I have a dummy comp that i will load it on.... hehehe gound in a junk pile, so fun to make it run.

:|

Do a little more research on Linux ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

If you are on 56k you can get some free LiveCD's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Linux

http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/

The Ubuntu CD's come from Switzerland, so they will take some time to reach you ;)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.