Getting "Hacked"

wurm2112

I keep on hearing how people, noobs and long-time players alike, have gotten hacked, so that they lose everything, bank gets cleared out...etc.

In all honestly, is it really getting hacked on the fly? Or did you do something, like visit a questionable website, say your pass out loud, or you managed to download a keylogger?

I play on an up to date computer with antivirus software...I also keep clear of any suspicious-looking websites. Should I even be worried about being hacked?

I keep on hearing how people, noobs and long-time players alike, have gotten hacked, so that they lose everything, bank gets cleared out...etc.

In all honestly, is it really getting hacked on the fly? Or did you do something, like visit a questionable website, say your pass out loud, or you managed to download a keylogger?

I play on an up to date computer with antivirus software...I also keep clear of any suspicious-looking websites. Should I even be worried about being hacked?

You shouldnt worry.

Unless someone see you typing your pass >.>

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

No, set your bank pin and recovery questions, keep update anti-virus (I suggest AVG Free, Ad Aware SE and Spybot S&D) and don't visit suspicious websites (Try McAfee Site Advisor) and you'll be fine. Oh and remember only use your password on RuneScape.com and make you passworld hard to guess with an equal amount of numbers and letters. (L33t speak is good for passwords, an example "1hat3n00bs" is a good password and yet not hard to remember)

Usually, what i think, when people get hacked, is when it's by someone you know.

If your friend plays, you should probably set your recoveries to something people wouldn't guess, and if you decide to put something like 'what's your mothers middle name,' you should put it backwards, or make something up on all of the recoveries, and write them on a piece of paper, and hide it where you know it wont get found. Personally, i have never been hacked crazy bad, the only people who hacked me were people who were friends in real life, but i hadn't lost anything serious.

This is my opinion..... you dont just get hacked by someone guessing your password, that would take far to long and JaGeX would probaly lock the account after about 10 different random attempts at guessing someones password.

People usually get keyloggers from opening bad files, anything that isnt from a good site that is a [Caution: Executable File] file is a very bad idea to open as it could contain a keylogger, whether aimed at rs accounts or not.

Also people often get hacked by close friends after they find out their password as some people are stupid enough to use a family password or something simple to find out. (thats how my little brother got hacked, his friend used my family password on his account) A person on this forum lost a blue Phat after their "friend" found out their password.

Most of the people I know that have been hacked is because: They shared accounts, they played on a cyber, they had their pass written on a paper in their rooms (I know....lol). I have been playing for 1 year and 3 months, and haven't been hacked.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png