~!~Runescape: Learning to Cope~!~

Wheaties

These updates in my mind will actually end up in a better RS, just wait and see what could happen. :D

It's *already* better in my opinion.

The first and foremost reason being that there is much, much less abusive behavior. Coincidence or not, since the PKing update I can walk around a bank or other similarly crowded area without being greeted by a chorus of "I pwn u nub" or "my main is lvl 127 with 18 blue phats". Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all PKers are rude, abusive, and use bad grammar. It's just that I've noticed a lot less of this in the past month, and I'm far from the only person who feels this way.

Also, with the PKing update, Abyss RCing just got a lot better. I've always found the Abyss itself fun and never minded the dangers associated with it, but having to change world every 5 minutes to avoid PKers was just ridiculous. I realize that it was in the Wilderness to add an element of danger, and with Revenants that is still there. I guess the same can be said of any sort of skilling in the Wilderness now, and those who wish to kill other players are forced to go against others with similar intentions.

The Grand Exchange, though it needs a bit of tweaking, is also wonderful. Lets face it, selling and buying things has always been a hassle. Either you had to deal with getting into w2 or arrange a meeting over the forums, and half the time you would run into someone trying to rip you off or who didn't actually read your post. With the exchange, you know exactly what you are getting and exactly what it is worth. No questions. No wasting you time on people who can't read. Nobody trying to rip you off or talk you into making a trade that you just don't want to.

Yes, these recent updates are not without a negative impact. I did sell things cheaply to friends, but they usuually did the same for me, so I suppose it all works out in the end. The biggest disappointment, however, is monster hunting. It's just not as attractive to go with a group now that you can't split the drops. They said they were looking into a solution for that though, and I'm willing to give them some time before it truly irks me.

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think RS will become better too, but we need to wait. If everyone just have a little patient we will soon see a better RS.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

These updates in my mind will actually end up in a better RS, just wait and see what could happen. :D

It's *already* better in my opinion.

The first and foremost reason being that there is much, much less abusive behavior. Coincidence or not, since the PKing update I can walk around a bank or other similarly crowded area without being greeted by a chorus of "I pwn u nub" or "my main is lvl 127 with 18 blue phats". Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all PKers are rude, abusive, and use bad grammar. It's just that I've noticed a lot less of this in the past month, and I'm far from the only person who feels this way.

Also, with the PKing update, Abyss RCing just got a lot better. I've always found the Abyss itself fun and never minded the dangers associated with it, but having to change world every 5 minutes to avoid PKers was just ridiculous. I realize that it was in the Wilderness to add an element of danger, and with Revenants that is still there. I guess the same can be said of any sort of skilling in the Wilderness now, and those who wish to kill other players are forced to go against others with similar intentions.

The Grand Exchange, though it needs a bit of tweaking, is also wonderful. Lets face it, selling and buying things has always been a hassle. Either you had to deal with getting into w2 or arrange a meeting over the forums, and half the time you would run into someone trying to rip you off or who didn't actually read your post. With the exchange, you know exactly what you are getting and exactly what it is worth. No questions. No wasting you time on people who can't read. Nobody trying to rip you off or talk you into making a trade that you just don't want to.

Yes, these recent updates are not without a negative impact. I did sell things cheaply to friends, but they usuually did the same for me, so I suppose it all works out in the end. The biggest disappointment, however, is monster hunting. It's just not as attractive to go with a group now that you can't split the drops. They said they were looking into a solution for that though, and I'm willing to give them some time before it truly irks me.

1) You are greatly exaggerating. First of all, no one has ever bragged to me his main has 17 phats. Second of all, there are still a lot of stupid people left. Just go look on the forum. Or go to a f2p world.

Mostly, the annoying people are newbs (in the bad sense of the word).

If you go in a f2p world, try to get a chat with one of the main people there. A lvl 43 with addy legs, mith plate and a steel large (stereotyping).

Then try to chat with one of the pkers in their full black gold. The chat with the pker will be a lot nicer, trust me.

2) If you have to log out for rc pkers, YOU are ridiculous. Ask any experienced rc'er and they will tell you the rc pkers are (were)a laugh.

3) ... exactly what Jagex says it's worth.

Why is nobody buying my red phat then? Even at the minimum price. Or my yew longs, also at the minimum price?

You've got to face jagex has gotten from a multiplayer game to a single player game.

* You can't see with whoever you are trading (in the GE, the only way of buying things efficiently from now on).

* You can't fight other players on a normal way. (Yeej, BH).

* Group monster hunting? Woot, a Sara hilt, 4 more to go for our other team mates, if we are lucky and player X doesnt get 2.

=> Monkeyboojo or something has explained the last party much better than me. It's on page 2.

How is alching ruined. I know its been asked but i wanna know. I mean other things can be alched then yew longs

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

1) You are greatly exaggerating. First of all, no one has ever bragged to me his main has 17 phats. Second of all, there are still a lot of stupid people left. Just go look on the forum. Or go to a f2p world.

If you go in a f2p world, try to get a chat with one of the main people there. A lvl 43 with addy legs, mith plate and a steel large (stereotyping).

Then try to chat with one of the pkers in their full black gold. The chat with the pker will be a lot nicer, trust me.

That exact part was an exaggeration. I thought the "lvl 127" would make that quite obvious. But if you honestly think that the amount of abusive behavior and crude insults hasn't dropped significantly in the past month you haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention to the way players treat each other. In fact, most of my friends have noticed the same exact thing.

2) If you have to log out for rc pkers, YOU are ridiculous. Ask any experienced rc'er and they will tell you the rc pkers are (were)a laugh.

Most were pretty funny, some were not. If I saw Teleblock I preferred not to stick around to find out the differece.

3) ... exactly what Jagex says it's worth.

Why is nobody buying my red phat then? Even at the minimum price. Or my yew longs, also at the minimum price?

They've admitted that they got prices wrong and gone as far as to say that they will correct them. I for one see the potential in these updates and am willing to give them some time. If, however, they keep rolling out more content and quests without fixing what is admittedly wrong then I'll be more inclined to agree with you. And by the way, the 2 examples you chose are hardly representative of the entire Grand Exchange. Yew longs are an obvious mistake, that's been known since the first day they released it. There are also very few people who have both the cash and desire to buy a party hat now that they can't be merchanted. The truth is that the vast majority of prices have corrected themselves since the initial release.

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

That exact part was an exaggeration. I thought the "lvl 127" would make that quite obvious. But if you honestly think that the amount of abusive behavior and crude insults hasn't dropped significantly in the past month you haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention to the way players treat each other. In fact, most of my friends have noticed the same exact thing.

Little has changed from my observations.

Most were pretty funny, some were not. If I saw Teleblock I preferred not to stick around to find out the differece.

RC PKers and runite PKers were annoying, but they still had the ability to PK you and you really didn't have the right to complain. Well, so you did have the right, but nobody had to listen, especially the ones getting free dhide.

1. If you haven't noticed a change then, as I said before, I don't think you actually noticed just how disrespectfully other players treated each other. I'm not saying that it's all peachy keen now, far from it. All I'm saying is that there's less of it.

2. I never complained about them. I know the Abyss was in the Wilderness to make it dangerous. I found ways to adapt including recharging prayer at my house and world hopping. All I said was that I find RC much more enjoyable now.

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

1. If you haven't noticed a change then, as I said before, I don't think you actually noticed just how disrespectfully other players treated each other. I'm not saying that it's all peachy keen now, far from it. All I'm saying is that there's less of it.

If you say so.

2. I never complained about them. I know the Abyss was in the Wilderness to make it dangerous. I found ways to adapt including recharging prayer at my house and world hopping. All I said was that I find RC much more enjoyable now.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but what exactly is enjoyable about RC?

Say a new player is discovering the Wilderness, he hasn't been playing too long and is proudly wearing his new mithril armour. All of a sudden, without a warning on the mini-map, a lvl 100 revenant appears out of nowhere and KOs the poor unexperienced player before he has time to realize what has happened.

If that seems fair to you, then I don't know what to say. :boohoo:

The wilderness is supposed to be dangerous, don't bring items you aren't prepared to lose.

Before the update, a level 100 pker could have KO'ed him too.

Sure, it may not always be fair, but thats the food chain for you.

WOsh, wait a minute. This guy is probably like level 25 or something. How would a level 100 pker be able to attack him? Also, the pker would probably have enough respect to leave him alone.

have you never noticed the vhilly feeling in tour fingers and the rush of energy trough your body as you create runes? it keeps RC'ers going. mmm, the power....

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Welcome.

Anybody who has been on in the month of December '07 will know the game has changed quite a bit. Come January it will change even more.

So I have been thinking lately how will all the scapers out there learn to cope?

There are various topics on this forum about: Alching being ruined, No more pking, Wilderness more dangerous then ever etc...

So will the average player be able to lose there 55k magic exp an hour through alching or will they quit because of it?

There are other options in the game to gain magic exp(obviously) and you still can pk but, now with a guarantee when you kill the person you will get at the very least one item.

My thoughts on Jagex doing this is to bring back using skills over merchanting and pking, also gaining profit out of skills like magic.

Now instead of alching go to the metal dragons for 40k exp an hour. Or in the wilderness bring friends or decent armor to fend off the revenants. For pking simply go to BH and to make some money spend a few days at Yews or camp at other skill places.

Many will probably quit in the next three month period but, those who don't will learn to cope and have more fun on Runescape then in the past.

I agree with you, lets face it...how much money did merchanters really make on average by typing endlessly asking people to buy their strength amulets that no-one really wanted?

I once made 50M in 14 days for a personal challenge because I was tired of whiners back then saying merchanting was hard and they couldnt do it, now that it has been changed we have whiners saying they will quit.

What is wrong with the concept of adapting to new situations? I am making about 7-8mil per day now with the GX and that is by simply logging on, checking prices and investing and chatting to some people from Sals website, Rhq's, and Tip it's very own...I do not need to type out endlessly trying to sell junk that no-one wants and if people were able to shut up for once they would see the massive potential for themselves too :)

*I am a Sals forum DM, I go to all Clanchats to chat, I do not go there to spam :P*

I should add, I didnt start out with hundreds of millions to make 50M in 14 days, I started with 25M after getting upto 95 crafting, I wanted that final push and made it to 75M instead of my original 25M-100M goal.

Click the link below to find out how to make millions on the GX...full indepth analysis

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/i ... &p=2095612

have you never noticed the vhilly feeling in tour fingers and the rush of energy trough your body as you create runes? it keeps RC'ers going. mmm, the power....

No, I runecrafted all the way to 61 and was bored the whole time.

What is wrong with the concept of adapting to new situations? I am making about 7-8mil per day now with the GX and that is by simply logging on, checking prices and investing and chatting to some people from Sals website, Rhq's, and Tip it's very own...I do not need to type out endlessly trying to sell junk that no-one wants and if people were able to shut up for once they would see the massive potential for themselves too Smile

Maybe in the GE, but definitely not in everything else. My chief reasons for wanting to quit are the loss of my purpose in getting 99 smithing (No charity anymore!) as well as no PKing in the Wilderness (runite mining boring and no longer exciting/unique/dangerous; pures I spent months raising now useless; bounty hunters is terrible, etc, etc, etc).

That is a little creepy, getting high off making nature runes :anxious:

Assassins_Creed_27-1.jpg

Ugh, not another orf the skillers gone wild. :x
New to Ferret, the public access Runescape channel, a edgy reality show that'll keep you on the edge of your seat: Skillers Gone Wild!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?