Xbox 2 (360) Debutes tonight

rocketman089

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screen size has nothing to do with resolution or quality.
Maybe not but it sure as hell makes the game look better. Hence the reason why everyone wants big tv's and big moniters ;). I've never seen anyone saying "man you may have a 37" tv but soon I'm gonna get a 14" super quality one!" I'm sorry but on display units size matters.

No, small monitors do look awful, but that's because you strain your eyes. There's only so big you can go before you just have to sit further away for it to look any good. Example: I sit here, 1-2' away from a 21" computer screen at 1600x1200. You have to sit further than that from your TV for it to look decent or be watchable. That is because my screens are higher definition.

If you don't understand about resolution go and read about it online or something. People don't want a small high resolution screen because it would strain their eyes. Same as a huge low resolution one would.

Still theiving pip? :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

X-Box sucks Bro, PS2/3 Much better investment :)

If you're not gonna post a reason for your statement, don't bother posting at all.

Is Xbox2 backward compatable with with Xbox? Because the PS3 is. :roll:
Now how many people actually play ps1 games? Except for maybe FF7 I doubt even 1% do.

Seems ps3 is the new xbox and xbox 360 is the new ps2. Game cube revelution looks doomed from the start imo. Lets see whole will win ohnoes.gif

Doomed from the start?! Nintendo are doing all the right things with this console, what they should have done for the GC. It won't sell very well over here, but it will be the best and most innovative console out of the three.

Now how many people actually play ps1 games? Except for maybe FF7 I doubt even 1% do.

Seems ps3 is the new xbox and xbox 360 is the new ps2. Game cube revelution looks doomed from the start imo. Lets see whole will win ohnoes.gif

Doomed from the start?! Nintendo are doing all the right things with this console, what they should have done for the GC. It won't sell very well over here, but it will be the best and most innovative console out of the three.

Betamax was the best and most innovative recording system of its kind... :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Anyone have any idea on planned release date, if there is one? Game that seems the most interesting to me is Ghost Recon 3 for 360 so far. Hopeully they'll VASTLY improve audio commands. Using headset for GR2 for commands will get you dead.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Anyone have any idea on planned release date, if there is one? Game that seems the most interesting to me is Ghost Recon 3 for 360 so far. Hopeully they'll VASTLY improve audio commands. Using headset for GR2 for commands will get you dead.

Apparently its gonna be released for Christmas this year. The PS3 and Revolution artn expected until someone when in 2006, im guessing first quarter sony, second quarter nintendo.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

People think they're sampling Xbox 360, but they're not ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ can you guess what they're really playing?[/url]":2eyaqqx8]Entering the Microsoft E3 stand is a wonderful experience ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ green and full of Xbox 360 activity. Activity we will be covering with some kind of ninja passion over the next few days ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ and you won't want to miss any of it, regardless of what PlayStation 3 fanboys are telling you on web forums.

However, all is not as it seems.

Despite the reassuring presence of an actual Xbox 360 unit locked away in a visible compartment in the demo stations, and despite the games being playable using an Xbox 360 pad, it's not an Xbox 360 people are playing.

Poking our noses around the side of the demo station and peering through the vaguely camouflaging air grills revealed the shocking truth: behind the Xbox 360 unit sat two Apple G5 computers.

So, are alpha-stage Xbox 360 games really so powerful they need a combined effort from two G5 machines to properly run Xbox 360 software? Quite possibly.

And, we were told by a man demoing Kameo that the game was only running at 30% of Xbox 360's capacity! Kameo featured pleasantly detailed next-gen graphics and, more impressively, hundreds of on-screen characters, all displaying individual AI routines ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ all at 30%.

It takes two Apple G5s to power a 30% capacity Xbox 360 demo? This may well be the case and if it's true then this console's only just started ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ this is just the beginning. Its games, once developers have sat down and spent a decent amount of time with full development kits, will just get better and better.

So, it seems there are a few more rounds to fight in the PS3 vs Xbox 360 match-up before the winner can lift up its gloves with any true confidence after all.

run6zc.gifrun6zc.gif

Well, I watched Microsoft's pitch at E3, interesting, but it was not much about the games, just mainly the Live's capability, or at least thats what i got. Interesting goal, 1 billion consumers (is that units sold, gamertags?). Does anyone have a link to view the PS3's presentation at e3?

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I've been told that different models of xbox360 (2) will be sold for different prices. A smaller one to suit those that thought the original is to big which is not playback compatible. One similar to the original with hard drive that is. And a 3rd one that is almost like an xcomputer that is also playback compatible. I don't know how reliable my sorce is however.

I've been told that different models of xbox360 (2) will be sold for different prices. A smaller one to suit those that thought the original is to big which is not playback compatible. One similar to the original with hard drive that is. And a 3rd one that is almost like an xcomputer that is also playback compatible. I don't know how reliable my sorce is however.

Nope. You are somewhat right, but its a bit different.

All XBox 360's will have backwards compatability. They are doing it a bit differently, though. Since Nivida made the original XBox's graphics card, and ATI made XBox 360's graphics card, doing backwards compatability was difficult. So instead, they only did it for the big hits on XBox. You can probably expect games like Halo and KOTOR, etc.

I also heard you can buy 2 different XBox 360's. The normal 20 gig one that is $300 and then the upgraded version with more memory for $400. But after seeing E3 and Microsoft's conferences, it looks like this is false.