heads up on maples part2

joker202

Since the other mod closed the thread before I could post proof, here it is.

QUOTE: with quick find code QFC 15-16-60-5477743

Lots of players have lots of maple logs because of the reward from the Throne of Miscellania quest. These people have used this reward to get tree seeds, but have generated all these maple logs as a by-product.

When we released the Grand Exchange, many of these players put all these spare logs up for sale. It takes no effort to do this, unlike posting in the Marketplace Forum or standing at a bank and shouting ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åselling maple logsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

are ya really mod mark?

why do they perm ban+mute me for saying this:

"if there would be more yew autoers the price of yew logs would be lower :D"

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I needed to find and read your other post that got locked to understand what you were talking about. Please post a link to it in your original post if you want others to understand what you mean by "that post that got locked".

Anyway, you are not wrong in your hypotheses, but in your conclusion. Let me explain this:

1. A huge amount of maple logs enters the game each day from MTK and Jagex is aware of it.

2. A huge amount of maple logs sits in the GE at the lowest price and noone buys.

3. Jagex has set a minimum price for all items in GE, their price floor. Currently maples have reached this floor, but noone buys them still - simply because there is no demand for them, lowering their price further will not increase the demand.

4. Raising the maples price floor in the GE will not solve anything GE-related, you won't be able to sell them for a higher price as (still) noone wants them.

---

5. But there is an option to sell them to shops. Unfortunately, the price a shop will buy for an item is related to its GE price. So selling maples to a shop while they are at their floor in the GE is quite a bad idea.

6. Jagex stated (and you were right about this) that THEY WILL INCREASE THE PRICE FLOOR OF SOME ITEMS, including maples. Again, this will not make them easier to sell in the GE, but you could sell them for a better price to a shop.

That's all there is to it. From this, you have deducted that you will be able to sell maples for 85 ea to a shop in the near future!?! :roll: I don't know where you got that price from, but it's really funny... why 85?

Anyway, your idea to "invest" in maple logs is.. ok. You could buy lots in the GE at their current price floor. And you could sell them to the shop once this floor is increased. But don't expect huge amounts of profit, probably the new floor will be less than their MTK value, it doesn't make sense to be higher. And after 10 maples sold you'll get even less money from the shop.

There are better items to invest in at GE, in my oppinion.

103 combat | 1M+ xp in each skill (lvl73) | 1800+ skill total | quest cape

Level 86 herblore, 85 farming

I am getting "thread not found" for your QFC code.

Perhaps Barnum was right...

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

are ya really mod mark?

He is not Mod Mark.. :roll:

Of course... :roll:

I think he likely would've noticed the fact that Jagex staff get their own custom avatar, and put it in his avatar?

Also, it doesn't sound, for the first half of the article, as if he's talking from Jagex's point of view. I'd think that, while this is a very well-written piece of work, a Jagex staff member would probably sound slightly more professional, and admittedly, aloof from the players, than he sounds. Sorry, but I don't believe you're a mod. I'm sure that if you're actually a JMod, you come across skeptics like me all the time... Feel free to ignore me if you will.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

are ya really mod mark?

He is not Mod Mark.. :roll:

Of course... :roll:

I think he likely would've noticed the fact that Jagex staff get their own custom avatar, and put it in his avatar?

Also, it doesn't sound, for the first half of the article, as if he's talking from Jagex's point of view. I'd think that, while this is a very well-written piece of work, a Jagex staff member would probably sound slightly more professional, and admittedly, aloof from the players, than he sounds. Sorry, but I don't believe you're a mod. I'm sure that if you're actually a JMod, you come across skeptics like me all the time... Feel free to ignore me if you will.

Oh come on people, surely you have more intelligence than that? It's a quote from a post on the RSOF that Mod Mark made. Sure, it's not particularly obvious, but it's not hard.

Anyway, I still don't see how this means that a shop will be a made to buy maple logs, there's no evidence of that beyond an assumption or twelve.

I just use my MTK maples as free firemaking experience. Ok, so not free, as I had to pay for them, but it wasn't the maples I was truly paying for, it was the seeds.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I just use my MTK maples as free firemaking experience. Ok, so not free, as I had to pay for them, but it wasn't the maples I was truly paying for, it was the seeds.

Ye,though i hate firemakking that's what i will probably do with my ~20k mapples.

I am still hoping one day they will add maples to the "construction" cycle

are ya really mod mark?

his username 'joker202' says it all :XD:

btw Mod Mark smells, Ash, Dave and Craddock are teh best mods ::'

Zaroterasu.png

It's real. I've read it some time ago, and did invest in some maples. They did get up a few gp. 3 weeks ago or so, they were 44-46 each, now 46-52 (yesterday 48-54).

I did make nice 10m or so by selling and reselling. Somehow it was possible to buy at lowest (say 44 each) and sell at highest (48 each at some point). If you buy a million maples and resell a million, that's a nice 4m profit overnight. :-).

While what you have posted is true it was posted ages ago and the thread you provided as "proof" is gone.

What you said in the other topic is still made up and this topic doesn't serve any purpose then telling people things they already know.