RSC easy to gain lvls?

dem0nd

Ive never played RSC other than logging in and not being able to open the door.....but i allways enjoyd looking at all the RSC pics on tip it.

And ive been wondering if it was easier to gain lvls in RSC. As i saw lots and lots of pics with people with 99 stats on RSC. And with not as many options to train skills as there is in RS2 it seems like it would be easier.

Demond_1234.gif

Hell no!! Every single skill was harder, except for maybe mining and fishing. Lemme go over it:

Attack: Like raising slayer, only got same exp as monster hp and got it when monster died

Strength: Same as attack

Defence: Same as attack and strength

HP: Only got exp when monster died

Magic: If you didn't hit any damage you wouldn't get exp unlike now

Ranged: Not sure about range, can't remember but I know it was harder

Prayer: No ecto or chapel altars back then, just good ol fashion bone burying

Agility: No run option and not as many courses back then

Heblaw: No Manage Thy Kingdom or farming. Also no make x option

Thieving: If you failed to pickpocket someone then they'd actually attack you as in a fight. AÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâìlso there was no PP or blackjacks >.<

Crafting: No craft x option + no d'hide crafting or onyx crafting

Fletching: No fletch x option and you couldn't cert bows so it was annoying to alch them

Mining: Well like I said before, probably easier to raise as you could powermine much better as in if you had a full invent and you kept clicking ore would just appear on ground.

Smithing: No smith x option and no rings of forging

Fishing: Well as said before this probably didn't change much. You didn't have any annoying fishing randoms anyways.

Cooking: No cook x option - Much harder then it is today. Also no Rogues den

Firemaking: Well there weren't really any long stretches of land near a bank you could go in one straight line. Not sure about the rest.

Woodcutting: Not sure about this one

As you can see classic was much harder. Also, if I've gotten any information wrong, sorry, I haven't played classic since 2004 <.<

happysigbp0.jpg

:shock: ok i guess it was alot harder back then <.<

whoever got their skills to 99 must of had alot of playing time and the patience to get.

Not necessarily, they could be players who retained their classic account and have been training it even after RS2 was released ::'

happysigbp0.jpg

Ranged: you couldn't fight "melee" with ranged, so you always had to find a safespot, which limited the places to train ranged. Also, you only got xp of the monster's HP when it died.

Mining: was easier after they made pickaxes have types (steel, mith, rune,...), before that you'd always have to click every single rock.

And the fact that before fatigue, you couldn't see if there was an ore inside the rock or not.. You were just clicking a rock, hoping it would "refill".

Ranged: you couldn't fight "melee" with ranged, so you always had to find a safespot, which limited the places to train ranged. Also, you only got xp of the monster's HP when it died.

Mining: was easier after they made pickaxes have types (steel, mith, rune,...), before that you'd always have to click every single rock.

And the fact that before fatigue, you couldn't see if there was an ore inside the rock or not.. You were just clicking a rock, hoping it would "refill".

Not just click each rock..

You'd have to click on your pickaxe in your inventory, and then use it with the rock.

Same with fishing (use harpoon with fishing spot)

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Oh yeah, I forgot about that :shock:

What was I thinking training mining back then..

Spells did give 2x the xp didn't they? Because runes were more rare and all?

That would get realy annoying :wall:

Demond_1234.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot about that :shock:

What was I thinking training mining back then..

Spells did give 2x the xp didn't they? Because runes were more rare and all?

Ya they halved magic exp upon release of rs2 :x :x :x

Only thing that was easier was magic, fishing was much harder, you had to click every time, even though you could powerfish you still had to click every time you attempted to catch something and at 25 fishing i can click 8 times without catching a trout, at 92 fishing i could click 25 times and not catch a shark.

exactly..and the rate of people having fletching, cooking, woodcutting, and fishing capes would be umm real real low. and remember this, you can't run so training cb is way harder.

6 years of playing since February 27th 2002

still a classic'er

Wars aren't won by dying for your country, it is won by making the other sons of b*tches die for theirs.period.

Only thing that was easier was magic, fishing was much harder, you had to click every time, even though you could powerfish you still had to click every time you attempted to catch something and at 25 fishing i can click 8 times without catching a trout, at 92 fishing i could click 25 times and not catch a shark.

You used to have to click the harpoon (or whatever fishing tool being used), and then click on the fishing spot, just to catch 1 fish. That was before fatigue was released tho..

Magic is still easier to train on rs2 tho...

On rsc, you have to click each individual spell, and then click on the monster. After about 33 spells casted, you have to rest.

With rs2, you can just 1 click to cast spells until the monster is dead or you run out of runes.

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

You used to have to click the harpoon (or whatever fishing tool being used), and then click on the fishing spot, just to catch 1 fish. That was before fatigue was released tho..

Magic is still easier to train on rs2 tho...

On rsc, you have to click each individual spell, and then click on the monster. After about 33 spells casted, you have to rest.

With rs2, you can just 1 click to cast spells until the monster is dead or you run out of runes.

Or you could be smart like biga and get 99 with curses in wild lol.

exactly..and the rate of people having fletching, cooking, woodcutting, and fishing capes would be umm real real low. and remember this, you can't run so training cb is way harder.

There were no skill capes... :lol: :lol:

Stud112 (UNBANNED)

99 atk, 92 def, 99 str, 97 hp, 118 combat

studsig76.jpg

I think he was just saying 99 skills overall, but I could be wrong :lol: .

And btw, your location on your profile is too... close... for... comfort...

Shaniqua.png

I think he was just saying 99 skills overall, but I could be wrong :lol: .

And btw, your location on your profile is too... close... for... comfort...

lol =P~

Demond_1234.gif

i KNOW there were no skill capes, what i'm saying is that IF there were skill capes, rate of people having it would be real low.

6 years of playing since February 27th 2002

still a classic'er

Wars aren't won by dying for your country, it is won by making the other sons of b*tches die for theirs.period.

I remember before sleeping bags...when you needed to rest because of fatigue. I use to fish at the guild and have to walk outside to the windmill to rest in the bed. Wasted soo much time, than the sleeping bag came thank god, use to be harder to lvl stats. I got to 92 fishing single clicking on 1 spot for hours, and sometimes right click harpoon every time to catch sharks. Those were the days before babyscape(rs2)

Dankdope86.png