is any one annoyed by this?

hotshotkid69

I haven't had that problem in... Well, long ago. I think most my newbies have mining 60-70+ and the main's close to 97.

Anyways, I do remember having a nooby pick and mining to smith for some money. That would be back in 2004, or early 2005. Back then it was normal to share rocks, people that didn't keep to that rule.. Well, their rocks would become fair play to all.

Sharing ftw. :thumbsup:

If you don't like sharing.. well I guess it's free for all then, which might get you your ores, and might not. You could always mine in P2p where there's less noobs and more decent people.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I used to get this problem a fair bit, but it rarely happens anymore. I never hop, but when they suggest sharing I accept and nothing else happens except maybe a semi-intelligible conversation (though not all too often). I'm not there for maximum exp rate, after all.

• 3 weeks later...

Lets see... when I need just a couple ores or coal for something, be it quest, journal, or making full mith for a friend, i state my intentions, ask permissions, and wait to be called a noob before stealing the rocks.

When I am training... well, I use the coal trucks, and there is a good bit of running between individual rocks. At level 60, I just need one swing for fully half of them. That's enough for me to compete with someone wearing a mining cape if that comes up, and personally I click faster in the eastern rotation, and if someone is camping a single rock, I'll leave them be.

If that doesn't work, hide public and spam your mining level in quick chat. It works.

picrure one day when you decide to go mining to make a few k's. there is some guy or girl already mining mith or gold or whatever you mine. you start mining and taking alot of ores. apparently you have a better pick and a higher mining level.

all of a sudden, miner #1 starts going, "stop taking my ores!!!! these are my rocks and you cant take them without my permmission! go away!"( you think, "yeah right. deal with it dude :boohoo: :boohoo: ")

of course you dont leave and you proceed mining and then miner#1 says "alright this is my rock right here, you can have that one. dont come over here to mine alright? these are MY rocks!"

This happens every time i mine mith or gold :evil: :evil: :x :wall: . i mean if you dont want me here, go to another world or wait until im done.

if this happens to everyone else please tell me.

and PS i dont want to hear put them on my ignore list alright? i already do that.

Next time I am mining and encounter you I will be sure to take your rocks and tell you to deal with it and wait until I'm done.

Obviously if you have the higher level it's within you power to crash peole, it's just a question of are you mature and polite enough to treat people you're interacting with via the internet the same way you would treat them in real life, or not.

Someone foolishly tried this with me back in the days when the Wild was actually wild. I was instructed as to which rocks were his and which rocks were mine. I still wish I could have seen his face when he suddenly arrived in Lumby and all the rocks became mine. :-D

dg7a7m.png

I'm never annoyed by this kind of stuff. I just ignore those people, and move on to mining. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention