The coming of age

Lionheart_0

Age restrictions suck. Half the time, people drink, have sex under age. Why not just take it off? I do like being able to get my license at 15 and a half and joke my friends who are younger than me who can't get it. But it really is sad if you can't get a drink but die for your country. :\ Some restrictions are good, and some are bad is basically what I'm trying to say

I don't really take age restrictions too seriously. :) Granted you are experienced, responsible and mature enough to use a certain substance, drive a car, watch a restricted movie, etc. then you should be entitled to that priviledge. If you are not mature/responsible enough to do such acts, then you shouldn't be doing them. :)

In any case, the majority of age restrictions are ineffective at stopping underage drinking/smoking/etc. If teens truly want to do it, they will have no problem getting around the law.

I'm turning 18 in a couple weeks. I'm going to Quebec with friends (drinking age is 18) and when I get back I'll probably visit an 18+ cannabis cafe in my area. :D

The only real argument is that 16 year olds commit themselves to the army for a number of years without realising how long they will serve, theres been some fuss about that recently.

Another related controversy is that by 18 you are old enough to kill or be killed in a war but not old enough to go to a bar with your buds back home.

HACKERRRRR!%%!%// Reported

Today is my birthday too. :shock: I just turned 15. :lol:

Are we histerical or what?

Omg double hacker!! My birthday in 2 days. Gonna turn 21.. Damn being old fart is only a matter of time now #-o

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Happy Birthday.

The way I see it is people try to take advantage of their new abilities sooner than they are ready to and end up getting into trouble with it all.

I take my time with it all, like with moving, I've had chances to move out of my parents house before, but I chose not to, I've got plenty of time to move out, but this may be one of my only chances in life to do some of the things I want to do, like travel.

In the position I am in right now, I have to only pay a part of my parent's bills so I have a lot more extra cash than I would have if I was living on my own, and I intend on saving that up so I can travel.

If I was on my own, even if I did have the money I would have to keep a steady flow of it to pay off more bills while I'm away, so it would end up more likely to put me in debt as well as cutting my trips short.

So, in truth taking your time in doing some of these things actually gives you more freedom than if you hurry.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

Even though I've already wished you a happy birthday on Facebook, I'd like to tell you once again, Happy Birthday! ^_^ Basically, here in the US, there are 2 big ages. :P

18: The age in which you can buy adult material, M rated video games, and tickets to an R rated movie. You can also vote, join the army, and legally buy and smoke cigarettes. You are also a legal adult and you can make your own legal decisions. Your parents cannot force you to go to school by law (you can also legally drop out), and you don't need their signatures on a lot of papers. I can sign out of school whenever I want to since I'm an adult. :D

21: The age in which you can legally buy alcohol and consume alcohol.

Each state has its own age of consent though when it comes to minors having sex. :P

I turned 18 in November and I really haven't noticed much of a change. I bought all my friends movie tickets to go see The Mist since they turned them down. And I've bought cigarettes for a few people. That's about it. My parents still treat me like a kid though. -.-

3898000bYVcx.png

First off, happy birthday. :)

In addressing your question, I am an adult and have tried living on my own. It just doesn't make much sence to come home every night to an empty house, so I live with my family at the moment, paying a part of the bills and saving up money toward my eventual retirement and a much sooner wedding. In June I am getting married so I will be moving out in May to prepare an appartment for my fiance' and myself to live in, but in my family age is not viewed so much as the indicator as the level of responsibility exhibited in regarding what a person's privilages will be. It's a better system then assuming that because of an arbitrary number a person is ready to take responsibility for driving a car or whatnot so far as I can see...

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

HACKERRRRR!%%!%// Reported

Today is my birthday too. :shock: I just turned 15. :lol:

Are we histerical or what?

Omg double hacker!! My birthday in 2 days. Gonna turn 21.. Damn being old fart is only a matter of time now #-o

Argh I'm 21 soon also, feel like I should stop drawing fake mustashes and playing with play dough.

Happy belated birthday lionheart!

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

I find that having these age limits encourages binging on the new freedoms as soon as you're able(drinking especially). Who hasnt heard of the just-turned-18 year olds going out drinking or gambling the same week as they turn?

Happy B-day.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.