More Grand Excrement Lies

qeltar

They will adjust them eventually, kinda surprising that you expected them to get it SPOT ON within, like, the first few hours of the release

I expected them to do what they SAID they were going to do, and let PLAYERS decide the prices instead of pulling ridiculous numbers out of their derrieres.

WILL YOU EVER LISTEN?

Look, the skill is new.

Therefore people would put INSANE prices.

Jagex will most likely remove it in time, and let the players DECIDE then.

Let the skill be out for a while first.

People like you(ones who disagree with me) make me sick. *condesends* It is completely sensible for someone to be unhappy for the game company saying that they would do something, and then...not doing it. Also, what sort of rubbish prices would godswords and the like have if the GWD had been released this weak. Tipiters these days...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinions or disagreeing with something that impacts them negatively. That said, I think it's totally unreasonable to be reaching for the pitchforks and torches at this point.

First, I think the prices set for the new items are fine. Ever since the GE came out, it seems as though people don't want to accept the fact that exp. has a monetary value.

Secondly, for the people who are all bent out of shape about the trade restrictions, don't forget that Summoning was in development since late-2006. They already set (and announced) the release date and only then, after the GE was released, did they say anything about loosening new item restrictions.

On a message board we can think of great ideas to improve a game, but it's ridiculous to expect them right away.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Makes me wonder how many players actually do know, that items' prices change all the time (only not, when there isn't a player willing to sell an item for other than average price and anohter one to buy it). So prices are changing acording to what? Right answer is the price at what items are being offered and bought. And ones who offer and items there in Grand Exchange are the players themselves - ones who "are making" the prices.

How could the know exactly the right price, when noone yet doesn't know wheter it's going to be popular item or not, and even if they do know, then still not how popular. So it is highly understandable that brand new items must be given a few time to find their place on price line.

True, there must be a price this certain item never reaches, so you can't ask a price which is way over its true value and still impossible to say that the price is fixed.

Anyways, funny to see one coming up with an idea based on nothing and everyone come after it, while knowing very little about the topic itself.

How could the know exactly the right price, when noone yet doesn't know wheter it's going to be popular item or not, and even if they do know, then still not how popular. So it is highly understandable that brand new items must be given a few time to find their place on price line.

True, there must be a price this certain item never reaches, so you can't ask a price which is way over its true value and still impossible to say that the price is fixed.

They may have not known the exact price an item would settle at or the value these new items would have to players, but adding up the cost of the raw materials needed to make the item, as in the case with the granite crab pouch, would have been a good starting point. The upper limit on all items related to summoning should have been lifted.

To those saying this isn't fair ...waaahh it costs to much, only the rich can afford it....welcome to the real world ...anybody notice what Wii's were selling for on e-bay when store supplies were sold out? ...how much Hannah Montana tickets were going for? That is how it goes..... people will pay incredibly high prices to get what they want...if they can afford it, good for them....and for those of us who can't we wait until the price goes down and buy it then. Yes I realize RS is a game and not the real world, but the economy in RS when run by the players has always worked like a real economy,and it worked quite well.

mak_1027.png

I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinions or disagreeing with something that impacts them negatively. That said, I think it's totally unreasonable to be reaching for the pitchforks and torches at this point.

First, I think the prices set for the new items are fine. Ever since the GE came out, it seems as though people don't want to accept the fact that exp. has a monetary value.

Secondly, for the people who are all bent out of shape about the trade restrictions, don't forget that Summoning was in development since late-2006. They already set (and announced) the release date and only then, after the GE was released, did they say anything about loosening new item restrictions.

On a message board we can think of great ideas to improve a game, but it's ridiculous to expect them right away.

Did you not read my post about the prices of spirit weed vs the summoning potion? Due to the fact that the price of a 4 DOSE potion is 150 gp and the spirit weed is 7.7 k, how many of either items do you suspect will be sold?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?