Where do I go from here.

wickedknight

Well, its officially a month from when I go to boot camp and things have started going sour. I got my high school diploma two days ago, my life is heading in a direction I like it going, and I'm finally proud of something I've done. Unfortunately that isn't the case for everyone; after moving back in my dads house to spend some time with family about a month ago I had thought things were going to go go all right...He decided he didn't want to deal with me anymore and kicked me out. My mom lives too far away to live with for a month before I leave and I hate causing this inconvenience to my friends for so long. What luck eh?

Haha. I went through this same sort of situation with my mom... She kicked me out five days before my eighteenth birthday. Lol.

I just stayed at a few friends' houses off and on until I went to Job Corps, which is where I am now.

Well, good luck with whatever you choose to do and have fun in boot camp. :) A friend of mine just got out and he said it wasn't as bad as everyone told him it would be. :wink:

Best of luck.

Awsome, no other relatives around. He kicked me out because our personalities are completely opposite along with our interests, the smallest little problem was able to escalate into a HUGE thing.

rs_shark, The sad thing is I only have 3 friends i would trust being around for more than a day.

dark_tigra, It's always inconveniencing to have an extra person around; I know they would let me stay with them I just don't want them to go out of their way, I'm trying my best to be a good friend ;)

icutyoursoul, If I weren't already enlisted I would probably join job corps, it's a good program. People are supposed to tell others how hard it is, if they told them it wasn't very hard people wouldn't try to prepare and then it would be really hard :wink:

shadow, colorado and thats what I'm doing :)

rocketman, yes I do refer to basic training as 'boot camp' because I've found that some people don't know what I'm talking about when I say basic training but everyone knows what I'm talking about when i say boot camp.

rocketman, yes I do refer to basic training as 'boot camp' because I've found that some people don't know what I'm talking about when I say basic training but everyone knows what I'm talking about when i say boot camp.

What branch? Army I'm assuming. What base? I'm going to basic next summer before my senior yeah in high school, and serve National Guard until I graduate College ROTC.

Edit: And do you have any idea on what you want you ATI to be?

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

rocket, navy. I don't know where I'll be stationed till after basic. My MOS is Aviation Machinist Mate although my recruiter is pushing me toward nuclear technician but I dont want to be stuck on a submarine or glow green till the day I die. :)

Wow, just graduated from High School and you've already been faced with a ton of Adult decisions. . .

Good Luck in Boot Camp -- seriously.

Hm, only suggesting I can think of at the moment -- if you can afford it, give your friends's Mom/Parents flowers. Roses arn't necessary -- just Daisy's from the local grocery (Hm, Colorado -- Publix? Albertsons?). You don't have to spend over $10 a week, just get something pretty. Flowers to place in the middle of the kitchen table will make the Mom smile. :D They're a nice 'thank you.' Don't feel stupid -- they'll think it's sweet. (Ever read 'Son of Interflux?' Ya, that's what this situation made me think of)

And while having to stay at a friends house is a burden -- it also shows you that they really *are* your friends. You can look back and go "Yes, I trust them, they came through for me when it really counted."

Death Monkeighs <3

Congratulations on graduating from high school with your diploma .. a lot of teens don't even get that far, so consider yourself fortunate. I too went to high school in Colorado :D

I am sorry to hear about you getting kicked out of your Dad's home .. don't let it ruin your excitement for the decisions you are making for your future. If your friends are good friends they will enjoy the extra time they get with you before you leave :)

As to your decision to join the military .. wonderful on you :D I am in the Navy .. came in enlisted and am an officer now, just put on LTJG. I am on an LHD .. they have your rate on my ship :) and if you are smart enough to become a Nuke, I highly suggest you take it. You don't have to become a submariner hun .. they have nukes on aircraft carriers as well. There is excellent money and potential for jobs outside the Navy if you go that route.

Best of luck to you .. if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

rganimatedqg5.gif

runegirlie, thanks for the congrats. Didn't think I'de find anyone on here that was navy as well; I have one basic question...do you enjoy being in the navy? I listen to a whole lot of what my recruiters have to say but I don't trust 'everything' they say, afterall they're there to recruit. Maybe someday I'll run into you, I'll probably make some wierd comment about RunEscape and you'll recognize it lol. I would take nuke but i know absolutely nothing about that specialty, I'de rather do aviation machinist because I have a lot more experience in the mechanical aspect. I may have a couple questions a little bit later but not so much that you become annoyed. Thanks for the advice. :)

I love my job .. I have been active for 13 years and there is no way I could have done it if I didn't love it. I will say that it is not for everyone tho .. it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy the military enough to be successfull. Some of the best times of my life have been spent in the Navy .. I am on my way home from deployment right now and had a blast the entire 6 months.

As for mechanics .. there are aspects of the nuke field that are mechanical .. machinest mate, electrician's mate, etc. You can still be mechanically inclined - that's what nukes do .. they fix reactors :D

rganimatedqg5.gif