Runescape Reset? Welcomed or Not?

xpandax

yea im not dissing on rsc at all i like it, more then i like rs2, but fact is, rs2 technically is a better game, its like choosing, a Big flat screen tv with HD or a 14 inch square little tv... runescape 2 bring them more income, and yes they may have been worth 12mil each before rsc, but ummm a good 99% of rsc players went rs2... so its not like they lost any money besides the select few who quit totatly, and yes like i said, rsc is a better game for me to just not technicaly, and its not a good choice for them, why spend time on rsc when they can spend money on there big project.. and spend time..

I think a better analogy would be its the difference between linux and windows vista... the hardcore computer users prefer linux, while your everyday computer user prefers teh accessibility of vista.

pandapk2.jpg

• 3 months later...

I doubt 99% of rsc players went rs2.

Obviously outside of wilderness/combat system rs2 is going to be a better game because it has much more to do but the pking aspect of rs2 was always terrible but hit rock bottom at the end of last year. Knowing you don't have the freedom to kill whoever you want or be able to pk at any other levels other than 52-55, 95-100, and 120-126 on f2p makes it terrible.

Low level pking was one of the most fun things of rsc. It was very very cheap to pk under 30 combat and almost everybody had a pker around that level and nobody was afraid to lose a mith 2h. Seeing high hits in f2p were entertaining since people could hit 31 (maybe 32?) with the best wep but nowadays they only hit like 25s with the ugliest weapon in the history of the game.

That dude has no idea of what he is talking about.

99% of RS1ers did not just go to RS2 and left RS1 behind. No. Much more goes into it.

Runescape and Runescape 2 are very different. When RS2 was released, many stayed in RS because the changes were too much. Yea, the graphics were much better but it was too different. So, 80% of people who played RS before RS2, stayed in RS when RS2 came out. As time passed, people who still played RS, retired or became inactive. Jagex then made RS to p2pers only, those who were retired were like "Its cool, whenever I want to play RS again, I will pay for p2p". Jagex then made it to P2p & played within the last 6 months. That was a real blow and many lost access to RS1.

So, in a way, you could say Jagex closed off RS.

Dude. Too many factors go into it. It isn't that simple. I can explain them all but it would be too long.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

i never went straight to rs2 when it came out. as rarex explained, rs2 was to much at once.

When it first came out i was home with another runescape fan friend of mine, and the first thing we did was jump on rs2 and sit there going ohh look at that and wow look how thats done now.

I, level 7 at the time (my previous account had been hacked and stollen because we were stupid back then and my friend got a keylogger on his comp and i played at his house alot) got killed by one of them highway guards or whatever you call dem near whatever that dock place is called south of fally (i haven't played in a long time and i forget all the names lol), and that put me right of rs2 for several days.

I remember a few hours later when i got on rs again i didnt even bother going onto rs2, i just went straight to classic, and ended up mining with someone else who also had lost all there items to rs2 to try and get some $$$ again. he was really friendly, and i remember that being the last time i ever met a really true friendly person, who was willing to help me even though he was in just as bad, or even worse seeing as he would have lost alot more (im level 7 here).

When the item swap thing did come out, i swapped all my items over to classic, but eventually swapped them back to rs2 a few days later, because all my friends had gone to rs2. I played rs2 for the rest of my runescape history (from level 7 to 98 i think), but never found that great runescape community classic had.

I remember the day RuneScape2 came out, I didn't know at the time but this was a whole different game. I played RuneScape2 as if it was Classic. I went back to Classic sometime later on another account and remember exactly what I was missing.

They both offer differetn experiences it's really a shame it's not open for everyone. I think it would give everyday users more appreciation.

Ultra_Crabs.png

• 3 weeks later...
That dude has no idea of what he is talking about.

99% of RS1ers did not just go to RS2 and left RS1 behind. No. Much more goes into it.

Runescape and Runescape 2 are very different. When RS2 was released, many stayed in RS because the changes were too much. Yea, the graphics were much better but it was too different. So, 80% of people who played RS before RS2, stayed in RS when RS2 came out. As time passed, people who still played RS, retired or became inactive. Jagex then made RS to p2pers only, those who were retired were like "Its cool, whenever I want to play RS again, I will pay for p2p". Jagex then made it to P2p & played within the last 6 months. That was a real blow and many lost access to RS1.

So, in a way, you could say Jagex closed off RS.

Dude. Too many factors go into it. It isn't that simple. I can explain them all but it would be too long.

I barely made the switch from rs to rs2, i made it during the last warning they gave saying they got transfer the items

When i came eback from quitting 6 months had passed and my account had been deleted on classic so i was really p.oed

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

all i can really remember is when rs2 came out i got 99 hp on that day , and i made about 20 pure plate chars but forgot all the char names and pass words. O well got banned 3 months later so doesnt really matter.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you