Void range or dragon hide?

Yohbilleh

seeing that i have totally no expierience with the two, i'd suggest void.

if you have spilled that much pest ponts for the armor you'd better use it alot , dont you think ;)

le_sadface.png

Drops : 3x zammy spear, 3x g maul, 1x d platelegs

I think that the theory is that since you lose some range bonus with the Void, it works best against monsters with a low defense. And from what I can tell, the Iron Dragons have a pretty high defense.

That said, I've used both, and I haven't noticed a tremendous difference between the two.

Now while the previous post was 95% nonsense, he does make one point that I agree with. Even though I haven't found a big difference between the two, I still wear the void armor simply because it took me so long to get so I want to get some use out of it.

If you are in the mood to experiment, you might want to try meleeing them. I tried it a few tasks ago, and it was much more effective than I thought it would be. In fact, the task went by so much quicker, I'm probably not going to go back to ranging them at all.

void makes you lose accuracy for higher hits so on metal drags i would suggest wearing dragon hide especially if your range level is lower...because void works as a percentage (10%) to be more exact so if you have a very low range level already, the 10% bonus is not going to be of much use and will definitely not make up for the range bonus lost from not wearing dragonhide...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

At 92 range, I use void range + mith (e) bolts and kill them faster than I would with mage.

At 88 range I would say you are close enough to the toss-up level. Where its really your preference of what you'd like to wear.

If you want faster tasks though, melee is the way to go.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

if you are using a crossbow or any weapon that allow you to wear your antifire shield, and drink some anti fire pot, it really wont matter. Once you attack from about 1 spot away, they just use firebreath anyways, so I'd go with dragonhide, for the bonus it gives with accuracy. :thumbsup: