Wacky Emote Glitches

noobs r us

I've been at clan wars for about the last two weeks and i've seen some really wacky graphic glitches that involves emotes and the home teleport.

I'm wondering just how many of those are there and if jagex is going to do anything about it.

Now come to think of it there must be a lot of people who's got funny graphic glitches caught on pic. I'm starting this new topic for people to share these pics with each other and have a laugh

Pemdas14.png

shame on all you people who call others noobs

there's a whole thread on Easter egg + skillcape emote glitches

u used to be able to do the hand coming out the ground emote, then run, and it would go with you. now u cant move

u used to be able to do that same emote repeatedly, now u have to wait till its over to do it again

its not an emote, but u used to be able to walk across the air on the ditch by repeatedly clicking on it

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

When trowing a snowball at someoen who's doing a emote, some graphical effects dissapear.

When i do my prayer emote, the wings and the glow don't show anymore.

Also works with high alching, the glow doesnt show when you're hit with a snowball.

Prayer 99

Range 99

Omw to become a Tank Ranger

Semperfy.png

there's a whole thread on Easter egg + skillcape emote glitches

Mine ::'

Sadly, nobody posted on it, so it went down the drain with 2 skill capes to go...

darn you miners and smithers, darn you!

Buddysig.png

3,200 to 99 Fishing

Achieved August 25, 2007

I'll try to explain how that happens:

Think of the coding of character animations in this way: There's two separate bits which are used to construct the animation.

The first part is the character. Taking the example of the Home Teleport animation, your character holds out it's hand, crouches and turns in a circle before sitting down using it's flexible joints which are modelled and applied to the generic character parts (torso, head, upper arms, lower arms, hands, upper legs, lower legs, feet, cape). Because they apply to the generic character and don't actually specify the usage of certain equipment, almost all equipment will apply to all animations.

The second part is the props. Again, taking the home teleport animation, that's the stick, the circle on the ground, and the little blue book, but they could be anything that isn't the character. They appear at the same time as the character and move in sync with the character's movements, giving the appearance that the character is interacting with them, but is actually a separate animation.

Now, these glitches happen when only one of these animations (usually the props) are interfered with and instead display the new 'prop' animation, like a snowball splat. But, because the character isn't affected by this new introduced animation, it continues to act out the first one, without the props appearing.

With the easter egg ring, the character animation is interfered with, but the props aren't. So the props move on their own but the character remains an egg.

So, for every animation, two possible glitches can be produced: Interfere with the character (easter ring), or interfere with the props (snowball). Both with amusing results.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...

Think of the coding of character animations in this way: There's two separate bits which are used to construct the animation.

The first part is the character. Taking the example of the Home Teleport animation, your character holds out it's hand, crouches and turns in a circle before sitting down using it's flexible joints which are modelled and applied to the generic character parts (torso, head, upper arms, lower arms, hands, upper legs, lower legs, feet, cape). Because they apply to the generic character and don't actually specify the usage of certain equipment, almost all equipment will apply to all animations.

The second part is the props. Again, taking the home teleport animation, that's the stick, the circle on the ground, and the little blue book, but they could be anything that isn't the character. They appear at the same time as the character and move in sync with the character's movements, giving the appearance that the character is interacting with them, but is actually a separate animation.

Now, these glitches happen when only one of these animations (usually the props) are interfered with and instead display the new 'prop' animation, like a snowball splat. But, because the character isn't affected by this new introduced animation, it continues to act out the first one, without the props appearing.

With the easter egg ring, the character animation is interfered with, but the props aren't. So the props move on their own but the character remains an egg.

So, for every animation, two possible glitches can be produced: Interfere with the character (easter ring), or interfere with the props (snowball). Both with amusing results.

Thanks. That was actually rather educational. ::'

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Thanks. That was actually rather educational. ::'

No problem. At first I thought I'd try to point it out so that it would be easier to search for these glitches (as in only looking for the two types), but it ended up as a lesson in RS animations. I rambled on a bit. :oops:

~ W ~

sigzi.png

When trowing a snowball at someoen who's doing a emote, some graphical effects dissapear.

When i do my prayer emote, the wings and the glow don't show anymore.

Also works with high alching, the glow doesnt show when you're hit with a snowball.

well of course theres no glow; would you be able to high alch if i hit you with a snowball? :lol:

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)