Rock Band 2: The Opening Act

stevepole

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the setlist.

Is it true that it won't be crappy covers, as well? That would be great.

No covers at all on disc, and none of the DLC has been covers since the European release (can't remember if it was in March or May).

The set list needs atleast two more things, some Johnny Cash, because he is just that frickin awesome, and some Wierd Al.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

The set list needs atleast two more things, some Johnny Cash, because he is just that frickin awesome, and some Wierd Al.

Um, this is Rock Band, not crappy singer and comedian band...

Johnny Cash had good songs, but he wasn't rock, nor was he a band, it was really only him, and again, not a good voice lol. Weird Al isn't a band either, again it's just him.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Um, this is Rock Band, not crappy singer and comedian band...

Johnny Cash had good songs, but he wasn't rock, nor was he a band, it was really only him, and again, not a good voice lol. Weird Al isn't a band either, again it's just him.

And to that I say [bleep] yo couch [racist term]h

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I'm so excited about this game! To all the people that said the first game sucked, sure the main setlist wasn't amazing, but it was still pretty good and with all the available DLC you can't complain at all. Rock Band is an amazing game, and the RB2 setlist is the best out of all the major upcoming rhythm games (Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Rock Revolution). The drums weren't the greatest piece of hardware ever, but when they release the new Ion drum kit and the prices drops lower then the current one of $300, there will be no competition in which drum kit is the best. The new Strat guitar has quieter frets and a clicking strum bar, and it's also a lot more durable.

The Strum bar was never said to be clicky, they just said it would be less mushy.

But, yeah, I really am getting impatient to see how the charts look, at least (grr temporary 360 exclusive). I'm most interested in how Painkiller was charted, as well as Panic Attack.

Oh, and the wii version is supposed to have DLC and online play this time.

I want Wii DLC for Guitar Hero 3!

Apparently they've given that up. At least IV will have it, as the system will be an in-game shop.

TBH, I'm going for Guitar Hero World Tour, hands down. RB2's setlist is very good, yes, but GH's is shaping up to be pretty awesome too and they've only released 23 of the songs. Plus, I still have a problem with the square notes of RB, and the generally easy guitar parts. If there is one thing Guitar Hero won't change with IV, it's the excellent charting.

p2gq.jpg

Apparently they've given that up. At least IV will have it, as the system will be an in-game shop.

TBH, I'm going for Guitar Hero World Tour, hands down. RB2's setlist is very good, yes, but GH's is shaping up to be pretty awesome too and they've only released 23 of the songs. Plus, I still have a problem with the square notes of RB, and the generally easy guitar parts. If there is one thing Guitar Hero won't change with IV, it's the excellent charting.

Hahaha! Excellent charting in Guitar Hero? Most of the charts in Guitar Hero games are overcharted, which makes them harder. Harmonix is so much better at charting accurate charts, and Rock Band has more experience charting drums, vocals, and bass (Bass was charted in Guitar Hero games before, but nobody ever seriously used it). The only good thing I'm jealous of GH:WT about is the new instruments, the good drum kit isn't $300, and the guitar looks really cool with the "touch frets".

You're starting to sound like a Rock Band fanboy. Watch yourself :P

I find both GH and RB to be great fun, but to me GH is better. Rather than the Guitar Hero charts being overcharted, it seems like a lot of the Rock Band charts are undercharted. Whatever the case, I like a more difficult chart, as long as it doesn't stretch believability. (Some of the customs for Eruption . . . Jesus.)

p2gq.jpg

You're starting to sound like a Rock Band fanboy. Watch yourself :P

I find both GH and RB to be great fun, but to me GH is better. Rather than the Guitar Hero charts being overcharted, it seems like a lot of the Rock Band charts are undercharted. Whatever the case, I like a more difficult chart, as long as it doesn't stretch believability. (Some of the customs for Eruption . . . Jesus.)

I am a Rock Band fanboy, even though I still play Guitar Hero III and I'm getting Guitar Hero Aerosmith <3:

The GHWT setlist looks terrible so far, I think.

Low by Flo-rida?

Two linkin park songs? Double songs by any artist is bad enough on the game disc, and they have confirmed like four artists that will have two songs on the disc, and tool is rumored to have three.That's probably because they are too lazy to actually make a good amount of dlc.

Their choice of Metallica song baffles me as well. Why the heck would they pick Trapped under Ice?

About easy guitar parts: Thrasher says hello. Though I admit, most songs aren't as hard as guitar hero charts, at least they aren't overcharted to Neptune and back.

On a side note, I'm really excited about the Dream theater and Machine head from this weeks dlc. I probably won't be able to pass them on drums at all XD.

Low by Flo-rida?

Two linkin park songs? Double songs by any artist is bad enough on the game disc, and they have confirmed like four artists that will have two songs on the disc, and tool is rumored to have three.That's probably because they are too lazy to actually make a good amount of dlc.

Their choice of Metallica song baffles me as well. Why the heck would they pick Trapped under Ice?

About easy guitar parts: Thrasher says hello. Though I admit, most songs aren't as hard as guitar hero charts, at least they aren't overcharted to Neptune and back.

On a side note, I'm really excited about the Dream theater and Machine head from this weeks dlc. I probably won't be able to pass them on drums at all XD.

Low? I'm positive you saw a fake set list. The entire official set list has not been released yet, so I highly doubt Flo Rida will be in it with two LP songs. (Except they did confirm three Tool songs)

Low by Flo-rida?

What's wrong with multiple songs from the same artist? I personally would love to see multiple songs from interpol, weezer, the killers, Death cab and many more on a music game like rockband or guitar hero.

tFtfA.jpg

RB in general is pretty fun, but I don't see why they'd make a second one at the moment. Too many people already enjoy the first, I doubt they have anything relatively new that would make it a huge seller. Stores are still going out of stock on the first one.

I believe they're trying to compete with GH4, as they have introduced a Drum Vingette.

Personally I always hated the GH notes, [] ones for life :P

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

RB in general is pretty fun, but I don't see why they'd make a second one at the moment. Too many people already enjoy the first, I doubt they have anything relatively new that would make it a huge seller. Stores are still going out of stock on the first one.

I believe they're trying to compete with GH4, as they have introduced a Drum Vingette.

Personally I always hated the GH notes, [] ones for life :P

The rectangles are a lot better then the circles. Personally, I think GH should have stuck with just Guitar. I have a feeling their drums and vocals aren't going to be that great. I've decided I'm going to buy improved sensors for my RB stock drums and then sock mod it so it's amazing. Then I'll buy Rock Band 2 (game only), and when it comes out, Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle. The Guitar for GHWT looks so cool I can't resist buying it, even if it means selling my Wii GH3 bundle. Hopefully it'll work with Rock Band 1 + 2 because the only guitar I have now is the Strat.

Sorry, forgot to mention that the Flo-rida song is the Travis Barker remix or whatever.

No, it was actually confirmed.

Source (It's toward the bottom).

The reason why I don't like there being multiple songs b the same artist on the disc is because they intend on releasing DLC. I would much rather have a slot used for a duplicate by one artist used for another band to expand the variety of the setlist, and release the other song as DLC so people who like the second song can still play it. Sorta like what Rock Band is doing. You can still have multiple songs by an artist, but people who don't like the band don't have to go through two of their songs.

Oh, and I can't freaking wait for thursday so I can play Constant Motion, though I will probably get raped on expert guitar XD.