Improvents for Fullscreen Mode for Widescreen Monitors

First off, I love the re-worked graphics and the ability to play the game fullscreen. However, why not utilize the fullscreen function more efficiently, and position features in more appropriate places. Note I am using 1920 x 1200 as my resolution, which is standard for many medium to high end laptops and desktops.

Sections:

1) Game Menus

2) Chat Box

3) NPC Conversations / Skill Options

4) Bank Interface

5) Fullscreen Toggling

1) Game Menus

Now that we have a bar of menus instead of two rows above and below the display, we should be able to view more than one menu at once. This could be implemented in a couple ways:

• Certain Menu's are automatically opened when an associated menu is opened such as (bold denotes which menu was clicked, in case of both bold/red either menu could be clicked for the result):

• Inventory + Worn Equipment

Combat Styles + Prayer List

Combat Styles + Magic Spellbook

Combat Styles + Stats

Stats + Quest List

Friends List + Ignore List

Friends List + Clan Chat

Options

Emotes + Music Player

[hide=]twomenusxv5.jpg[/hide]

The other option is togling two menus open based on clicks. Clicking Menu A opens menu A on the right and nothing on the left, clicking Menu B would then shift menu A to the left and open Menu B on the right. Clicking either menu again would close it and shift the other open menu to the right. Clicking Menu C would close the menu on the left, shift the one on the right, and open Menu C on the right.

2) Chat Box

Two things I would like to see be done with the chatbox: the ability to position it where you want, and for it to not be as translucent, there are WAY too many situations where I simply cannot make out the text from the background

3) NPC Conversations / Skill Options

Fullscreen is simply a royal pain for skills such as fletching. Instead of moving my mouse around 150 pixels to select that I wish to make some longbows, I instead have to move it roughly 1600 pixels, which does actually add a great deal of time for repetitive skills. Solution: place it in the bottom middle, looks good and isnt ridiculously far away.

[hide=]conversationls0.jpg[/hide]

4) Bank Interface

Also a rather large nuisance to not be able to easily look at both the bank and your inventory side by side.

[hide=]bankhb6.jpg[/hide]

5) Fullscreen Toggling

The simplest suggestion is to use [Right Alt] + [Enter] to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode, as used in most other programs that offer these two viewing modes.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

1) I can agree. Certain tabs simply go together. The extra space should be utilized.

2) That might get tricky, but it would be a great addition

3) Use up that empty space! I agree.

4) Yes. Perhaps even drag and drop items across each? I've always wondered why we couldn't do this to begin with.

5) Sure why not? Although it's easy enough to get to already.

I agree with pretty much all that you said, but can you please use hide tags! Most people use resolutions lower than yours and it's annoying having to have the page layout screwed up.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Actually, for your 5th suggestion, there's already a keyboard button. If you're using Windows, pressing the Windows symbol (the one between the left-hand ALT and CTRL, which brings up the Start Menu) automatically switches RS from Fullscreen back to normal. Doesn't work the other way though.

Added Hide tags, didn't know they existed. And also the [windows key] isn't a shortcut, as it interrupts the game and takes the keyboard/mouse focus away from the runescape or internet browser window that you have open.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

.. or just allow us to open two windows ourselves, instead of having them decide which two at a time are open?

I'd already included that as the alternate to two certain ones opening.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Added Hide tags, didn't know they existed. And also the [windows key] isn't a shortcut, as it interrupts the game and takes the keyboard/mouse focus away from the runescape or internet browser window that you have open.

Still, it does the job. Click the button then anywhere in the RS Applet and there you go.

1.dont automaticaly link 2 tabs because then if you want to only open one tab it would be a pain

2.its a beta they are probably going to change it

3.its supposed to go over the chatbox(solusion:dont fletch in fullscreen)

4.not needed

5.would be nice but jagex has more important stuff to fix

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!