Anyone having problems with Fullscreen (alt-tabbing)

simosimo

When I go into fullscreen mode and try to go back to normal mode to browse the internet or do something else. Runescape locks up and is STUCK on fullscreen mode. The game isn't frozen per se. It is literally locked.

I can alt f4 my whole system tray to get back to the desktop. It's annoying that the transition from fullscreen back to normal is 80% of the time, locking up.

Anyone else having this prob?

I had it this morning! I log out in Full Screen, I click Quit and nothing happends, luckily I used that Microsoft thingie on the keyboard that makes you go to Start immediatly.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I use the windows key to exit fulscreen. The only problem is that you have to log out to go back to full screen. It was designed for you to log out then click the exit full screen I think. If you have no windows key, then ctrl-alt-del works too, and I am sure the mac equivilent can do the same.

This is the reason they added an intigrated world map. People in full screen can't go to another window, so it has to be part of the game. Should also help all those people who couldn't open the map. For most computers I have played RS on, you had to log out, load the map (and let it render) then log back in or otherwise it would just stop at the rendering stage where you actualy get to see the map.

Same problem here.

Anyone know if Runescape Full Screen is compatible with dual monitors? I've been considering getting a set for some time now, and if they'll solve this problem then tonight might be the perfect time to buy some!

I think as long as you have the latest Java you can probably dual screen. If you have a laptop that can handel the full screen around the house, have it dual screen by plugging your computer monitor into it and see how it does. Of course it needs to be a deccent laptop or it wont be an accurate test but thats teh best preview you can get without setting up a PC for dual screening.

I'm nonmember, so I haven't had this problem yet...

But it sounds pretty bad, maybe someone should report it to JaGex? I doubt they wanted the fullscreen to be like this. Does this happen in FunOrb too?

I use the windows key to exit fulscreen. The only problem is that you have to log out to go back to full screen. It was designed for you to log out then click the exit full screen I think.

You can get back to fullscreen in game, just goto the options tab and its the 3rd button along (when you mouseover is says "Toggle Fullscreen").

Snowjoke.png

I've tested with the [Caution: Executable File] Runescape launcher and also using a normal browser. Same problem. It's weird because when I topped up my membership the other day it was fine, and today and yesterday it's been doing it.

I thought it might of been anti-aliasing , but I've tried it on and off, with the browser and exe, nothing . Just locks up

It doesn't even freeze, it quite literally just gets stuck, if you can wiggle your way out with alt-tab then you're lucky. I just alt+F4 my entire sys tray until im back on my desktop, annoying if i'm browsing and/or have chat windows up

• 14 years later...