Offical NDS thread.

Nadril

Okay so I'm finally looking into an R4 but I have a couple of questions.

Whats the difference between the R4 and the R4III?

How do I get games on the R4?

And would this be a good R4? http://www.r4dsusa.com/R4DSIII/R4DS-III-p7.html

Thanks!

111-1.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The major difference is that the R4 only supports up to 2Gigs, whereas the R4III does 4 GB's. The one you posted seems like a legit R4 to me, I would go ahead and buy that.

About games... Well:

1. You buy them in a store (We all do right)

2. Once you have it in your hand you can feel justified having an ehem, "backup" copy.

3. You go and do your dirty business acquiring the stuff.

4. You got yourself an NDS file! Woop-de-do! Now insert your Micro SD with the USB reader and copy it over to the memory card.

5. You take out your memory card, shove it in your R4, then it's the R4's turn to get shoved into the DS (3 in 1 shoving action you gotta love that).

6. Boot up DS find the file and play.

Pirating Having your DS collection on one cartridge has never been easier...

Disclaimer: You may only do this with games you own. Should you decide and pirate games, Chuck Norris will descend from Heaven and kick your sorry [wagon].

rickastleywh7.png

I can't wait for Call of Duty: World At War

Call-Of-Duty-World-At-War_nds_PKGboxart_160w.jpg

- 4 player Wi-Fi (death match, team death match, capture the flag, and friends)

- Online stat tracking and leveling, XP system

- Achievement type system for the single player game, for example: One Man Army (getting 1500 total kills), Return to Sender (getting a kill by returning a grenade)

- improved AI

Developer blog: http://blogs.ign.com/Actvsn_CallOfDuty/ ... 27/104700/

Screens:

call-of-duty-world-at-war-20080930040046555_640w.jpgcall-of-duty-world-at-war-20080715114439611_640w.jpgcall-of-duty-world-at-war-20080930040048023_640w.jpg

Video:

KOrpgWJxPHs

Comes out on November 11.

rickastleywh7.png

I hope they fix it so that tapping on your screen doesn't zoom in your weapon. God, I hated that so much.

Yeah, they say on the developer blog that they've looked at reviews and the aiming is one of the things that people didn't like so they're rebuilding it.

Edit: Here it is

Our experiences with the franchise had taught us a lot, giving us a strong foundation to build upon. We set our goals high and planned our approach. The team spent time examining game reviews and talking to fans. What resulted was a list of primary game elements to focus on: Wi-Fi multiplayer, double-touch aim-down-sight, weapon damage, and difficulty were features that topped everybodys wish list.
rickastleywh7.png

• 2 weeks later...
Man, anyone play the new Castlevania yet? Game is such a [bleep], it's so hard!

I havn't played the new Castlevania yet, but I plan on getting it. Just a day or two ago I picked up my copy of Portrait of Ruin and I am playing through it now.

The call of duty game looks cool, I will look for some reviews on the wii and DS games and see if I will get them. I hope the wifi battles are as much fun as MPH.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Should i wait for the DSi to come out in europe (half 2009) or get the ds lite as x-mas gift ?

And nadril , what is your favourite console you own?

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Guys. Go freakin' grab COD5. THE. GAME. IS. AWESOME.

Call of Duty 4 times ten. I haven't had the chance to try out wifi yet, but I've played through about 2-3 missions in the main game. The wacky ADS system from 4 is fixed, guns are actually 3D rather than sprites, and the game looks like it will be a full meal deal as well! There are 4 options in the Main Menu: Single Player, Multiplayer, Nintendo Wi-Fi and War Room. The Single player features a Campaign mode, Quick Play and Challenge (!) (30 challenges you can complete). The War room rocks, you have Statistics (Kills, Deaths, Shots fired, Headshots, Accuracy etc in both single and on Wi-Fi. Plus you have

Achievements! Stuff like "I Love Quotes" (Dying 50 times) "Headhunter" (100 headshots), "No Fly Zone" (take 250 planes down), and of course "Too Much Free Time" (Receive All Awards). These pop up in-game like on the 360! I haven't found any collectables yet, dunno what those are for. Oh and the Campaign has 3 modes (British, American, Russian) so it looks like this will be a long game!!

I can't wait to try out Wi-Fi. Looks like awesome fun.

The actual game is very nice, the minigames are not out of place (disarm a bomb, disarm land mine, enter morse code to call help) and don't feel tacked-on. Graphically this is the most impressive looking realistic 3D DS game.

I'm uploading a gameplay vid to youtube as we speak, I'll share it with you guys once it's done.

So here you go: me playing COD5 on the DS

1qJioJKXpRQ

rickastleywh7.png

Do you need the right bumper at all to play it, cause if you do I can't play CoD5. Damn my DS and its spontaneous deicision to attempt an an hero but fail at it.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Nice video !!

How good are the gfx tough(vid is a bit low quality :P )? Not that i care but still ... (OK I ADMIT IT ! :-# )

----------------------

Last question 'till i get my DS ..

How manny games are GOOD for a 16 year old :twss:

@ Nadril , don't give me another link to "gamerankings " :XD:

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Nice video !!

How good are the gfx tough(vid is a bit low quality :P )? Not that i care but still ... (OK I ADMIT IT ! :-# )

----------------------

You can check here

seriously, it's a great site, why don't you like it?

Nice video !!

----------------------

You can check here

seriously, it's a great site, why don't you like it?

I don't like the site at all , and it doesn't answer my question (How manny games are GOOD for a 16 year old)

Can't you just aswer xD

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Do you need the right bumper at all to play it, cause if you do I can't play CoD5. Damn my DS and its spontaneous deicision to attempt an an hero but fail at it.

No, I haven't needed to use it yet. COD 4 didn't use it at all, I don't think this does either. That is if you're right-handed (stylus to aim, buttons to strafe, left shouldbutton to shoot). If you are left-handed you're gonna need to use the right shoulder button for shooting.

Dude, what do you mean good for a 16 year old? I think all the good DS games can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of age. If you mean to seek "mature" games, I'd suggest Dementium, it gives me the shizzles while playing in the dark with headphones on.

Whan genre are you into? There are thousands of DS games, I need info about your preferences if you want advice.

How good are the gfx tough(vid is a bit low quality :P )?

You clearly didn't read my post where I said it's one of the best looking 3D DS games. About the quality; my digital camera was on a stack of books and I was leaning back resting my head on my desk trying to see something. :P

I hope they fix it so that tapping on your screen doesn't zoom in your weapon. God, I hated that so much.

Yeah, they fixed that Nad.

rickastleywh7.png

How manny games are GOOD for a 16 year old

I don't know what kind of games you like dude, thats why I linked you to gamerankings so you could look at the DS's games and see what you like.

And nadril , what is your favourite console you own?

These days I don't play any consoles. I have my 360 for the off chance of a good exclusive title for it and for Rock Band 2. I'm a PC gamer through and through.

Yeah, they fixed that Nad.

Awesome. I'll... eh, buy it.

Man, anyone play the new Castlevania yet? Game is such a [bleep], it's so hard!

Is it a good game though? I have both Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, so is it better than those two?

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

^ Yeah I like it.

Anyways, dude, the Chrono Trigger (J) is in ENGLISH. Just downloaded it and the *ahem* patch for the anti-piracy measures. Bringing back memories.

Also got trackmania + Skate It.

Trackmania is one of the best racers on the system IMO, just missing Wi-Fi and tracksharing.

Skate-it annoyed me to hell, the controls are really weird and glitchy. There is a skateboard on the bottom screen, and you are supposed to ollie, manual, and do flip tricks drawing out different lines. It often misreads what I'm trying to do, and more often than not, the result is an asphalt-lickin bailout. There are also challanges where you have to do trick that the other guy sets you to do, or set tricks yourself (called S-K-A-T-E, similar to H-O-R-S-E in basketball.) Those take forever to complete and you usually lose.

Finished COD5 campaign on normal the other day, I'm thinking of replaying it on hard and doing the challanges atm.

Moon and C.O.R.E can't come soon enough, I'm also really anticipating Chinatown Wars, could turn out awesome.

I'm also debating whether or not I should get a 3-1 for the GBA games.

rickastleywh7.png

Uhhh, can anyone help me? For some reason my copy of SM64DS won't work. I checked the cartridge and it's fine, I blew into SLOT1, and it still won't work. I know it's not my DS because all my other games work fine. Although, SM64DS didn't work yesterday, it was fine a few hours ago, and now it won't work. If I have have to get another copy, I'll be pissed, 149/150 stars on three saved games, no copying the files.

Uhhh, can anyone help me? For some reason my copy of SM64DS won't work. I checked the cartridge and it's fine, I blew into SLOT1, and it still won't work. I know it's not my DS because all my other games work fine. Although, SM64DS didn't work yesterday, it was fine a few hours ago, and now it won't work. If I have have to get another copy, I'll be pissed, 149/150 stars on three saved games, no copying the files.

It looks like your game might be screwed. Try blowing onto the cartridge. If you can't figure it out, I'd recommend you get a flashcart (like an R4) because then you can get great games off the internet (homebrew and ummmm... others). Also you can back up all your save files onto your computer from it.

It looks like your game might be screwed. Try blowing onto the cartridge. If you can't figure it out, I'd recommend you get a flashcart (like an R4) because then you can get great games off the internet (homebrew and ummmm... others). Also you can back up all your save files onto your computer from it.

All right! It works. The problem? A tiny piece of glass got jammed into the slot.