Investing in gold

Guest Rob

I jsut invested 10m in gold bars

They have been [bleep]ing lately. Below is the graph

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=2357-7 day graph

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=2357&scale=1 -30 day graph (looks WAY more attractive)

They have been rising by about 5 gp per day, and they sell immediatly at maximum price

I just wanna know if this is a wise investment?

Thanks

~kirby

Look at the 30-day graph. It goes up, then down, but goes higher than before when it rises again. Looking at that graph, it seems like it's gonna go down soon, but rise a few days later higher than before.

Look at the 30-day graph. It goes up, then down, but goes higher than before when it rises again. Looking at that graph, it seems like it's gonna go down soon, but rise a few days later higher than before.

ur right and wrong. right that it went down but this is just skyrocketing. buy as much as u can!

Lol ive spent 95% of my money already...

And if i get more ppl buying, it'll increase even more

Lol letsbuy out the market....

Nononononono!

Don't buy at max price if you're investing. It upsets the market. Always buy minimum-medium. NEVER MAX. Trust me, markets do strange things when bought at max.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

Well, loads of ppl buy at max...you dont pay top doller, you dont get gold

Umm... That's not true at all. You'd make MORE money buying at minimum-medium... And people sell at that, trust me. You'll upset the market by buying at max.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

This doesn't sound like good advice to me.

The OP says (and I'm paraphrasing) "I bought 10 million gp worth of gold, look at how much I upset the market [insert graph here] and now I need you suckers to buy all these bars off of me at MAX so that I can make a profit."

When you sell at the GE, your item goes to the person who pays the MOST. If you buy at minimum, you wont get any...If it sells at minimum, the price of it decreases, not increases.

When you sell at the GE, your item goes to the person who pays the MOST. If you buy at minimum, you wont get any...If it sells at minimum, the price of it decreases, not increases.

Umm no it doesn't. What happens is this. When more people buy at max, the price increases rapidly, but falls steeply, very quickly. When you buy at minimum-medium, it goes up nice and slowly, less action occurs and it is a much safer market. You're basically asking people to throw away their money into an unsafe market.

Valid_Logic.png

nRs"]Isn't price manipulation against the rules? :shame:

Against the rules in real life, depending on how you do it.

But, I'm pretty sure it's not against RS rules... But it's a very unfair thing to do :P

Valid_Logic.png

thank god i was going to buy 1mil worth of gold n i stoped after i bought 200 ores.

Learn how to do 15+ barrow chest per run :My guide http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=800457

Barrow drops : Dhorak helm x1

,guthan body x1

verac helm x2

verac brassad ,

karil coif ,

guthan helmx2 ,

torag body

Guthan skirt

henryleehen.png[stats].png

The OP says (and I'm paraphrasing) "I bought 10 million gp worth of gold, look at how much I upset the market. No. Im saying that they're increasing, and you can make money. I just started buying them. [insert graph here] and now I need you suckers to buy all these bars off of me at MAX so that I can make a profit." Your an idiot. I never said I was selling em, I said if we work together, was ALL make more of a profit

This is a pure price manipulation topic, mods please lock this, as it has nothing to do with Help & Advice.

Also, you're going to lose a lot of money real soon.

*sigh* this is NOT a manipulation. If you read the first post, it asks if itys a wise investiment. Im also giving adive to tipiters on how to make a bit of quick money.

The OP says (and I'm paraphrasing) "I bought 10 million gp worth of gold, look at how much I upset the market [insert graph here] and now I need you suckers to buy all these bars off of me at MAX so that I can make a profit."

Wow, Idiot... He/She is not asking you to buy the bars from her. He/She is telling you that it would be a wise investment to buy gold bars at MAX price from the Grand Exchange... stupid ppl these days..

Also, it would be cool if you guys bought some 2. They'd rise more, and more tipiters make profits ::'

Also, buy at MAX price.

F2P

Nononononono!

Don't buy at max price if you're investing. It upsets the market. Always buy minimum-medium. NEVER MAX. Trust me, markets do strange things when bought at max.

LMAO

I hardly doubt you're an investor due to the bull you just said. :roll: Buying items for the max price only makes them increase, and buying them for the min would only decrease the value of the item and I hardly doubt you'd get any of the items.

Unless you bought the bars before the 16th, you wouldn't be making too much of a profit.

Nononononono!

LMAO

I hardly doubt you're an investor due to the bull you just said. :roll: Buying items for the max price only makes them increase, and buying them for the min would only decrease the value of the item and I hardly doubt you'd get any of the items.

Unless you bought the bars before the 16th, you wouldn't be making too much of a profit.

What are you on? It makes them increase FASTER but will make them plummet sooner. Trust me, Economics 101 and AP Macro Economics show this.

Valid_Logic.png

He/She is telling you that it would be a wise investment to buy gold bars at MAX price from the Grand Exchange.

If people buy all of Mrmegasalesman's gold bars at the max price, it would turn out to be a wise investment for Mrmegapricemanipulator. This isn't rocket science.

You can be as naive and unquestioningly trusting of absolute strangers on the internet as you like, but I prefer to be realistic. If someone is offering you something that sounds too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true.