F2p training by repeat dueling viable?

tttia

Is it good xp for high levels to train simply by repeat dueling?

I am a lvl 107. If I were to fight someone my own level on no armor, quickly arranged duels, would that give better xp with less food outlay than monsters?

You could do so on a low population server to find each other quickly after the fight, and just do the default options (for quicker set up), but agree not to use any food, weapons. Essentially this would allow you to fight one lvl 107 person after another with only a short break in between and no food usage. For f2p training that might be a good option. For P2P there are already better training options out there.

If you would like to test out this possibility or have tried it before, let me know. If it does work folks could use the thread to find training partners.

Why do you think it would not work? Inconvenience?

Too long to kill folks?

Have you tried it before?

I managed to get a fair amount of xp just messing around fun dueling random folks, anyone who would fight. Some fought with armor, some without, some boxed etc. Fought from lvl 126-lvl 8.

If that process were streamlined to where you didn't have to find people, and you went for the quickest hits on each other, it should theoretically work.

Why do you think it would not work? Inconvenience?

Too long to kill folks?

Have you tried it before?

When you kill monsters, you get exp AND drops. When you kill people you waste time between kills and get nothing. If you're training right you'll make up for your food costs in drops, so this is pointless.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

It does take too long, I have tried it before. I'm level 93 and I tried doing this a month ago with my level 90-105 friends. It's extremely slow and not worth it. Besides when you fight monsters, you get drops anyways so it's an added bonus. And friends sometimes log out, monsters don't. ;)

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

*runs across room to friend*

*right click duel*

*waits for partner to load to accept*

*accepts again*

*3,2,1, go!*

*hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, dude, whats ur def?, hit, hit*

*yay, victory! click continue*

Alternative

*Click*

Yea... <.< :-s

It does take too long, I have tried it before. I'm level 93 and I tried doing this a month ago with my level 90-105 friends. It's extremely slow and not worth it. Besides when you fight monsters, you get drops anyways so it's an added bonus. And friends sometimes log out, monsters don't. ;)

Ok, that is partly what I am looking for.

I don't mind drops really or food. I rune mine for money. And picking up drops is just a waste of time training wise.

Now what settings did you use?

I agree with the logging out thing. You would need to start a trend to have ppl on enough.

It was a friendly duel with anything goes. No specific settings used. Keep in mind that players are harder to hit than monsters are, especially if your friends have 75+ or 80+ defense, so that's what I mean by being slow. I know your stats are probably higher than mine, but it's still not good for training purposes.

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

It was a friendly duel with anything goes. No specific settings used. Keep in mind that players are harder to hit than monsters are, especially if your friends have 75+ or 80+ defense, so that's what I mean by being slow. I know your stats are probably higher than mine, but it's still not good for training purposes.

That may well be true with the defense being high. I think I will get someone to test it with just no armor fights to see if it drops the time enough.

And picking up drops is just a waste of time training wise.

Lol

Your stats suggest you are p2p. When I was p2p drops were fine. But I am not running around after every mith shield and 15 gp drop which is mostly what you get in the f2p arena. And when there is competition for each monster it is a waste of time to go running after drops.

And food, even if it is paid for, still means you have to run to the bank which in f2p means a long trip in most cases from any good monsters.

Cockroaches. Also, if whatever you're killing has bones, you really ought to be burying them. In F2P, prayer exp is a rarity.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You may well be right in the end, but I think I will get someone to test it. If you do all no armor fights that mitigates the defense considerably.

I said I DID test it. Both with no armor and with armor. Either way, it's still slow. And if you don't care for drops, then just find a place that has lots of monsters so can keep attacking constantly. Places like that are Stronghold of Security or White knights in the second floor.

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

You may well be right in the end, but I think I will get someone to test it. If you do all no armor fights that mitigates the defense considerably.

I said I DID test it. Both with no armor and with armor. Either way, it's still slow. And if you don't care for drops, then just find a place that has lots of monsters so can keep attacking constantly. Places like that are Stronghold of Security or White knights in the second floor.

I am currently doing flesh crawlers and spiders since they don't hit often and make you walk for food.

In any case I apparently misunderstood what you meant by anything goes. It did not sound like you tested it without armor extensively. I generally think of anything goes as no exclusions, can mage, use armor etc. Sounds like it won't be worth it then. Thanks for the feedback.

Its ok xp if you do food dm.

Bring 28 tunas and @85hp that 1.4k xp per round. And with no armor, hitting the other person is pretty easy. It is also fun because it is like pking without the risk.

But flesh crawlers are ftw.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

*runs across room to friend*

*right click duel*

*waits for partner to load to accept*

*accepts again*

*3,2,1, go!*

*hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, dude, whats ur def?, hit, hit*

*yay, victory! click continue*

Alternative

*Click*

Yea... <.< :-s

so true :P

=0

FAR better to train on monsters. The max hp someone you are duelling could have is 99. Thats less that 400 xp per kill, and you have the breaks in-beetween duels. With monsters you can get more xp per kill, plus the possible drops.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK