couple new items, but why? foreshadowing an update??

jessy87

so, i browse the GE database like once a day to check on a particular set of items. However i notice things occasionally on the movers/shakers list. I am familiar with most items in the game but, these caught my eye.

Crayfish, well that came with the lumbridge A/D

Truffle

Button Mushroom

these two, i however have no idea what they are. And the Button mushroom is on a 750% rise, so I assume they are in fact new.

does anyone have any idea what these are used for currently? if their is one? because i can only see it being an addition to cooking. No, sorry this isnt something like OMFG WE GET ARCHEOLOGY. Unfortunately, it just might mean we get a bit of an interesting cooking/herblore.

also, no seeds to these items were found, ruling out a farm update.

if anyone knows or can find out where these two items grow in real life maybe we might have a clue to a possible new area(s)

but, i am going to bed now.

Button mushrooms are items from the spirit of summer quest, they grow on a log there, no idea why they are tradeable, didn;t even know they were.

Truffle-no idea.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

Truffles are generally black, round mushrooms. They grow near the base of trees in Europe and gatherers of said mushroom would send a dog or a hog to look for them in the forest. They are known to be incredibly gourmet in the culinary world.

Truffles are generally black, round mushrooms. They grow near the base of trees in Europe and gatherers of said mushroom would send a dog or a hog to look for them in the forest. They are known to be incredibly gourmet in the culinary world.

hm, i knew all that except for the europe part. I do believe some are white, but are more rare.

Also, do we know what the truffles are for? i havent done the last 3 quests so excuse me on that button mushroom part.

hm, i knew all that except for the europe part. I do believe some are white, but are more rare.

Also, do we know what the truffles are for? i havent done the last 3 quests so excuse me on that button mushroom part.

I dont think there is a way to get truffles yet. :(

the button mushroom is from spirit of summer quest but the truffle... idk :|

2351_obj_big.gif?id=12132

Examine: Makes me want to do a truffle shuffle.

Current market price range:

Minimum price: 190 Market price: 200 Maximum price: 210

Change in price:

7 Days: +0% 30 Days: +0%

its been around before 7 july anyways because the grexdb graph goes all the way back to 7 july

250px-Truffle_washed_and_cutted.jpg

real life washed white truffle

Truffels1-1fe37.jpg

black truffle

EDIT: truffles are mostly found under/by the roots of an oak tree, anyone tried digging there? or something?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

before i knew the mushrooms were apart of another quest i figured, they might be found some where. Like in a fairy area, since they use a lot of mushrooms, or maybe even the elf lands.

The elf lands honestly to me seem like a great place for something new like these items. But, we know about some already.

and the crayfish thing also seemed a bit weird that we got it. Just weird that they added another level 1 fish. Is it maybe part of the tutorial island thing?

I dont think there is a way to get truffles yet. :(

How do they know there are truffles?

josh181830.png

and the crayfish thing also seemed a bit weird that we got it. Just weird that they added another level 1 fish. Is it maybe part of the tutorial island thing?

Yes, it is.

before i knew the mushrooms were apart of another quest i figured, they might be found some where. Like in a fairy area, since they use a lot of mushrooms, or maybe even the elf lands.

The elf lands honestly to me seem like a great place for something new like these items. But, we know about some already.

it just makes sense, Crayfish=fresh water shrimp, and to proof the truffle go to the GrExDB

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

The reason button mushrooms are on a 750% rise is A: Each person can only get 3 normally, B: Like all rareish items, there are collectors and people who are willing to spend a fortune and C: Every item introduced it's percentage is what it is because it was boosted from 0 gp to whatever it's price is.

ny_lucario.png