Mini-War #2: Warriors of Fury [WOF]

Latest Wars:

[*:dy9wp8up]
Adrenaline defeats Rohawks for Mini War Ranking

[*:dy9wp8up]Faith defeats Warriors of Fury for F2P War Ranking

[*:dy9wp8up]TSA defeats TLoTJ for P2P War Ranking

Separator.png

In the Clan Board this Week:

Thought this issue was better than the last? Take a look at the revamped original issue!

Want to see the spotlight on your clan? PM the Clan Chronicle and your clan might be the next in the spotlight!

In the August Behind The Scenes Jagex showed us the future of Clan Wars, what do you think?

The Clan Board asks, what kind of forum do you use?

Separator.png

Spotlight On: Bufoman

By: Armybuilder

Hello Armybuilder here.

Recently a good friend of mine and a face among TiFers and the clan community. Recently left the game.

He himself was a Ex-Clan Mod , Leader of Militos Deci and numerous other clans.

None other than BUFOMAN!.

Armybuilder: So how long have you been playing RuneScape?

Bufoman: Well over 3 years, off and on. I first started playing in my senior year of high school.

Armybuilder: 3 years is a long time to play. Have you enjoyed these three years?

Bufoman: Well ive enjoyed some of it but not all of it.

Armybuilder: How many clans have you been in?

Bufoman Im not sure lets trace my history. I was in House of Flammer, that was my first clan when I was pretty low level, 20 something I think. Then it died, and I joined the house of warriors. A old enemy found me there and turned the leader against me. I was a high rank at the time and when I left I took allot of people with me and started Knights of honour. The old knights of honor.

Armybuilder: How did that go?

Bufoman: It died after a few months or so... bad organization, too low levels, lack of command experience and discipline.

Armybuilder: Ahh but this will have given you a first hand experience of leading.

Bufoman: True, Quite true.

Armybuilder: So you went Solo again? And then remade Knights of honor if I'm correct.

Bufoman: Yes thats right. I took a break from RuneScape first. I came back and my former troops wanted me to make a new clan. So I forged the New Knights of honor. Completely different from the last one. Discipline was the one thing I held higher than everything else

Armybuilder: So tell me more about Knights of honor how was it different other than a big focus on discipline.

Bufoman: Well for one the general setup with ranks was much better. In the old one we had knights, paladins and lords. Just lords not barons, counts and dukes. Secondly we had much better unit cohesion and discipline.

Armybuilder: So how were ranks given out?

Bufoman: Well ranks were given out on a honor system. Honor was given out for coming to events and special things done. But if I had to do it again I would of done away with lords and made elective knights ranks instead. Things like Masters of recruiting, Master at arms, that sort of thing. I failed to give enough responsibility to the lower ranks that may of hurt us in the long run.

Armybuilder: As I know of your system as I was in your clan for along time (two years infact longest serving) It was hard. But we had to earn our ranks.

Armybuilder: Did you enjoy being leader?

Bufoman: Sometimes I did, but allot of the time it was very stressful. People wouldnt do there jobs, Keeping up with the logistical Nightmare that had become the honor and prestige system. so it fell to me to sort out the mess to often. I worked it out in the end but not till the end of my reign.

Armybuilder: Out of your three playing years, Youve had two years of clan activity. Youve made some mistakes. Youve learnt about these mistakes, But knowing all this, Would you do it all again?

Bufoman: I have allot of regrets to tell you the truth. At point RuneScape and the order almost consumed my personal life. I spent spent hours just keeping the gears moving, not playing but managing things, and listening to problems, and dealing with the many little things that pop up. However I have learned allot of good leadership skills, and had quite a few good experiences. I think I would do it again, but differently

Armybuilder: Out of all the clans youve been in which have you enjoyed the most? The ones youve lead or the ones you followed in?

Bufoman: Well I was never in a good clan I didn't lead so despite the stress I would say the ones I have lead.

Armybuilder: So where is Militos Deci these days?

Bufoman: Well it is under your command actually. I gave you the order because I stopped liking runescape a long time ago, and because their really wasnt much that I could do after so many people Left to join another clan which was made due to the snowball effect

Armybuilder: Anything else you would like to add.

Bufoman: I would like to say allot of things actually. Well, for starters I would like to thank those who have come to my aid- as a leader with helpful council, and support. Also I would like to thank those who have served under me faithfully despite my flaws. And those who where decent enough to at least post their resignations during the snowball day's

Armybuilder: Thank you very much its been an honor to have interviewed you and a great pleasure.

Bufoman: Youre welcome Armybuilder

Thanks for reading.

Armybuilder ~ Chief of Militos Deci

Separator.png

The Future of MSSW

By: Lordofrah1

The debate is over and the jury and judge have ruled. Dustin, the creator of the Multi Site Steel War has delayed the fourth war until Jagex gets around to updating the Clan Wars arena.

On Friday, September 15, 2006 dustin posted in the six largest Runescape forums to announce the first MSSW. RuneScape Community, RHQ, Tip.It, RuneVillage, RuneCrypt and Sals Realm would go head to head in a wilderness battle royal. Nine days latter dustin made a prediction as to the outcome of the war on the Tip.It topic, RSC doesnt have a very active party forum, if you looked at sit.

Dustins prediction could have never been more wrong, RSC used its clan power to win the first war, and in the aftermath topics discussions of cheating and flaming continued.

18d4q1.gif

Dustin addressing the allegations of cheating

After five months dustin decided, with the new and improved rules and the addition of RSB&Bs, to start the second of the MSSWs. In the end RSC once again pulled their clan might and destroyed all resistance. This time Tip.it vowed to smite RSC if another war was every to happen, and it did.

Before the war took place, dustin, tired of the predictable outcome of the war, organized an alliance of four sites to destroy RSC, only Tip.it and RuneCrypt declined, but this seamed to work to Tip.its advantage. Tip.It pulled more people than ever and finally defeated RSC on December 8th.

um2xi.png

During the first MSSW someone took this picture of someone with a yellow party hat!

On December 10th Jagex announced on the RuneScape website, Wilderness Changes, Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars! And topics arouse as to the future of the MSSW with the removal of the wild. In one such topic dustin made his promise their will be a MSSW4, i promise you that and a promise he has kept.

With another change to the rules the MSSW is back, with this new tournament Tip.it and RSC will go head to head, one on one, to find the true champion of clan sites.

After this article was written dustin delayed MSSW 4 until the changes to the Clan Wars arena were implemented. The final fate of MSSW has yet to be seen, but the history of the original wars, in the old wilderness live on.

Historical Topics:

Multi-Site Steel War (Oct 15, 6pm EST)

Multi Site Steel War Videos + Suggestions

Multi-Site Steel War 2 (May 19, 2pm EST)

Multi-Site Steel War 3 (Dec 8, 2pm Est)

MSSW3 Anti-RSC Alliance

No MSSW4?

Multi-Site Steel War 4 (Delayed)

Separator.png

TWR Predictions

By: Dbzruler72

These predictions were made long before the release of this issue, these wars have already taken place.

Faith versus Warriors of Fury - TWR Miniwar Rankings*

When comparing both clan's RuneHeads, Warriors of Fury (WoF) beats Faith (F) by a significant margin, but F has shown its skills in miniwars. Take F's recent victories against World Terror Foundation & Source of Wildy as two examples. WoF lost against 2Mighty (2M) in the third round of the TCE Fullout Tournament, but the difference in numbers (41 vs. 21 for 2M) can't justify WoF's organization. WoF has been an active warrer with tournaments across many fansites, including the RuneScape official forums rankings, so WoF has the advantage in experience.

There's no question about pulling the ops, & levels will play a major roll in the upcoming war. Will Faith's organization pull through, or will Warriors of Fury's levels take the win? There is no clear winner. You'll have to wait for July 26 to experience the war yourself.

Warriors of Fury declares on P2P TWR

In the past, active warring clans have been known to show off their muscles by declaring on multiple clans at once. Warriors of Fury has been gaining respect on Tip.It, due to its activity in tournaments, & is now active, once again, in the TWR. WoF daringly declared on the top three P2P TWR clans: Bloodshed Kingdom (BsK), Demonic Legion (DLG), & Red Blade Hunters (RBH).

BsK, though short on ops, is a force to be reckoned with. BsK's activity has risen considerably, but BsK is pretty quiet in the Wars sub-board. Because WoF has more experience in warring, it's likely WoF will win over BsK.

DLG's activity in the TWR is well-known. Despite the mishap against its war against former #1 P2P TWR: Tal Shiar Alliance, DLG is determined to become a reputable clan. When comparing RuneHeads, WoF takes the win. But as has been proved in the past, levels & numbers aren't everything.

RBH has never warred in the TWR before, which questions RBH's full out experience. RBH lost against Unknown Bounty Hunters in the third round of the TCE Full Out Tournament, but RBH's memberlist contains over 140 members. If RBH pulls the ops, RBH can counter the effect of WoF's advantage in levels. This will be a first for the community, for RBH hasn't yet been seen in a P2P war.

Separator.png

Clans In History

By: Lordofrah1

The original purpose of 'Guards' was to guard players in major cities. Prior to the Wilderness, players who enabled the "Player-Killing" option could attack, and be attacked, by players anywhere in the RuneScape world other than Lumbridge. If you attacked a player in the presence of a guard, the guard would automatically attack you.

Separator.png

Chronicle Credits

ashozzy2 - Chronicle Editor

Kaphias - Chronicle Editor

Lordofrah1 - Chronicle Editor

OldDucky - Chronicle Editor

lord_troyus - Chronicle Author

Celt23 - Chronicle Author

HEHE my articles in +P

Nice read and ye its good it keeps us up to date with whats happening

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

HEHE my articles in +P

Nice read and ye its good it keeps us up to date with whats happening

Great, Look's like we're doing our jobs well then. I really enjoyed your article, and It was a pretty smart choice of who to interview.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Nice article, can't wait till VVV gets more active in Tip it once our new warring system is being implimented ;)

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Great read. But this really struck me to show how BsK has changed.

BsK, though short on ops, is a force to be reckoned with. BsK's activity has risen considerably, but BsK is pretty quiet in the Wars sub-board. Because WoF has more experience in warring, it's likely WoF will win over BsK.

In a tournament about 8 months ago, we pulled the most opts out of any clan - 57, against FT. Still lost, but we were so active those days. Now we've taken a step away from warring, although we recently warred and pulled 30. Interesting ^.-

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.