Suggestion for sigs

That would be nice, but I'm not really sure if that's possible to do with text?

If you want to check the height/width on your own, you can take a screenshot of your signature and then check the dimensions of the screenshot. I used to do that all the time as a moderator/admin to check to see if signatures were within the limits. It only takes a few seconds.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

That would be nice, but I'm not really sure if that's possible to do with text?

If you want to check the height/width on your own, you can take a screenshot of your signature and then check the dimensions of the screenshot. I used to do that all the time as a moderator/admin to check to see if signatures were within the limits. It only takes a few seconds.

I feel like an idiot, never though of that >.<

But wouldn't the picture file size be different then the actual size though?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

But wouldn't the picture file size be different then the actual size though?

Well for me anyway, I can view the properties or information of an image. Doing that lets me see the file name, file type, image dimensions, image file size, etc. all in one.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Well if you preview your sig, you can see what it would look like. Then right click on the images and select properties. Then just add the lengths and widths up, and the file sizes.
May I kindly say [/topic] :D.

True, but that in itself is a workaround to this suggestion. This suggestion would be a very nice convenience to have.

Well if you preview your sig, you can see what it would look like. Then right click on the images and select properties. Then just add the lengths and widths up, and the file sizes.

True, but that in itself is a workaround to this suggestion. This suggestion would be a very nice convenience to have.

Yes, nice, but i doubt there are any tifers who are too lazy to preview, right click and add up.

May I kindly say "Not [/topic]?" ;)

That doesn't work if you have text/quotes in your signature, which do count towards the dimension limits.

Posted Image

Yes, nice, but i doubt there are any tifers who are too lazy to preview, right click and add up.

I'm too lazy, and I'm proud of it, but stubborn enough not to change. Even if there wasn't, this as I said would be very convenient for everyone. Which is why it's worth discussing.

Maybe you can make a box that is transparent. It only appears when you preview a sig in the user control panel. It would be a basic outline of the max signature. I am not sure how to get the size of the signature in phpbb.

Example:

JUST REALIZED: Sig sizes are 450 x 200, Sorry about wrong size picture.

119csid.jpg

It would be sort of a background reference. It WOULD NOT appear in the actual signature.

EDIT:1700th Post!!@!@

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I'm in agreement here. It can be hard (especially if you have a large amount of text in your signature, as well as a few images) to know what your total file size is or even the dimensions (who would count every pixel?). Personally, I believe a small script can be created to accomodate this idea. However, with all of the things being worked on at the moment, this doesn't need to be priority.

j0xPu5R.png