Want old PKing back? Heres the solution...

sirgudi

This suggestion is simple, but it would be very effective.

Take the bounty hunter system, and mix it with the old pking enviroment. Including the level system (the wilderness level = difference between levels that can attack you) and the multi-combat system.

This would:

-Help clans

-Would be more like old PKing, without drop traders, because of the 3k rule and the drop traders would be destroyed due to the BH world system. Meaning that the worlds would be full to brimming with other people to kill them.

-It would be fair for EVERYONE, and level 10s won't get attacked by level 55s.

-It would create the effect of the old wilderness, which would please many people.

Post your thoughts and ideas:D Thanks!

then learn to read?

for the benefit of you ill repeat the first post:

This would:

-Help clans

-Would be more like old PKing, without drop traders, because of the 3k rule and the drop traders would be destroyed due to the BH world system. Meaning that the worlds would be full to brimming with other people to kill them.

-It would be fair for EVERYONE, and level 10s won't get attacked by level 55s.

-It would create the effect of the old wilderness, which would please many people.

then learn to read?

This would:

-Help clans (ever heard of Clan wars? I'd rather not be nobbled to death by 50 level 128 with GS)

-Would be more like old PKing, without drop traders, because of the 3k rule and the drop traders would be destroyed due to the BH world system. Meaning that the worlds would be full to brimming with other people to kill them. (Right...

-It would be fair for EVERYONE, and level 10s won't get attacked by level 55s. (there are level restrictions, there are 3 craters...)-It would create the effect of the old wilderness, which would please many people. (it would please half as many as it will displease...)

Luck be a Lady

then learn to read?

This would:

-Help clans (ever heard of Clan wars? I'd rather not be nobbled to death by 50 level 128 with GS)

-Would be more like old PKing, without drop traders, because of the 3k rule and the drop traders would be destroyed due to the BH world system. Meaning that the worlds would be full to brimming with other people to kill them. (Right...

-It would be fair for EVERYONE, and level 10s won't get attacked by level 55s. (there are level restrictions, there are 3 craters...)-It would create the effect of the old wilderness, which would please many people. (it would please half as many as it will displease...)

I'm not even going to bother with you now.

The wilderness level system would replace the crater system.

If anyone were to take money in to RWT, they would be piled if they even touched a multi area, and they would be destroyed by anyone who saw them anyway.

And it will please a hell of a lot more people than it displeased to remove old PKing entirely.

It's not the rules of BH that help to limit RWT, but the limited amount of space which it occupies as well as the limited amount of worlds in which it is active. It makes it much easier to monitor as opposed to having to try and watch all of wilderness spread across 150+ worlds, much less the entirety of the game world. Also, the BH rules allow for a player to pick up the equipment that their victim was carrying. Thus, to drop trade, you simply kill your victim and pick up what he was carrying.

This would make RWT a helluva lot easier, no matter how full the worlds are. First of all, you go to a secluded edge of the level 1 wilderness, where no normal pker would probably go. The odds of somebody coming along while you're transferring are fairly good, but the odds of them being ±1 level than yours are fairly slim. It would still have a risk, but much, much less than Bounty Hunter's crater style. You could still even find a secluded place in the deeper levels of the wild to transfer items, with relatively low risk.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Do you think the people at Jagex just woke up one morning and said "today we're gona take away pk'ing and give them a pvp mini game thats kinda like pking but not"?

No, they thought about this decision long and hard before making the changes and they probably had dozens of other ideas they had to work through before they came up with BH. So don't just suggest an idea consisting of a few half thought out points when Jagex have spent months designing their ideas.

If you don't like it don't play it, it really is that simple.

Snowjoke.png

nRs"]Do you think the people at Jagex just woke up one morning and said "today we're gona take away pk'ing and give them a pvp mini game thats kinda like pking but not"?

No, they thought about this decision long and hard before making the changes and they probably had dozens of other ideas they had to work through before they came up with BH. So don't just suggest an idea consisting of a few half thought out points when Jagex have spent months designing their ideas.

If you don't like it don't play it, it really is that simple.

Beautiful.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Then you just get some RWT to be the same level (or -1) than the buyer and go to the level 1 area where almost no one can disturb them....

There's a reason why everything is the way it is. I think you should think it over.

Why do you even care about RWT? I'd happily RWT if it made me £10.

Plus, it would make NO difference to the amount of people RWTing. All the new updates knocked off maybe 1%. Do you think people accidentally take god armour and pumpkins in? no.

Plus, it would make NO difference to the amount of people RWTing. All the new updates knocked off maybe 1%. Do you think people accidentally take god armour and pumpkins in? no.

I'm pretty sure pumpkins and easter eggs can no longer be brought into Bounty Hunter.

God armor is used to increase the value of your skull so people are more inclined to attack you. I do this too, and I am no RWT'er. If you retaliate as opposed to you attacking, you do not become a rouge, and you will not suffer the time penalties.

RWT is a very big issue. It is cheating essentially. Hear of macroers ever? Macroers are a direct result of allowing RWT to exist. Honest players shouldn't have to deal with cheaters like macroers and people who simply bought their cash as opposed to earning it themselves. Dealing with the issue comes with consequences, yes. But it is worth it to eliminate RWT.

Why do we care? well for one... If RWT is back and swinging RuneScape will be shut down in like 10 seconds... Lots of unhappiness there, thus your "suggestion" if coming into power wouldn't last long and Making EVERYONE unhappy.

Luck be a Lady

It is interesting that the attitude displayed by the OP is exactly the type of mentality that forced Jagex to cripple pking in the first place.

In otherwords, you and your kind brought this down upon yourselves and ruined a portion of Runescape for other players who went about the game honestly. I do not cry for you and the whole of Runescape would be better off without your kind. I just find it unfortunate that a whole class of player had to suffer because of it.

Thought I'd ask you a question.

If the ability to pk returned but you couldn't get any drops from it would you still pk?

btw I think your Idea is great, but because of RWTers (who are responsible for the removal of the Wilderness) it might not work so well -.-

Unless you can think of a way to make it anti RWT it won't happen (which is a shame cos i miss getting chased by barraging noobs)

Zaroterasu.png

Your idea would not work. Why? People can exchange items easier than they can Google something. All they have to do is go to a non-populated world in a quiet area and let themselves be killed, so the other person can get their items.

/thread

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Won't work, as people have already said.

But would it work if it was then done so that it was restricted to 2 worlds (free and members) where everywhere but the wilderness and perhaps a small area below the ditch is inaccessible? It might eliminate the occasion of quiet areas for transfers to function and make BH a bit more free-for-all-ley.

It might be even better if some more powerful servers which could hold up to 4000 players were used.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

How does this stop RWT?

It seems like you want RuneScape to collapse and get sued millions of pounds... In the best interest of majority of others, I think RuneScape PvP is fine the way it is...

bounty hunter doesnt stop rwt... the gold buyer/seller enter at sime time till there target is eachother then then buyer kills seller gets gold/items and they have a nice day.. so i agree 100% jagex cant stop rwt so why do they bother ruining pk

One of these days I'll max...
Battlestaves.png

It's interesting that I keep hearing about how RWTing goes on in BH, how the person comes in and is guarded by others until the buyer comes up and kills him and then scampers out with his ill-gotten goods. That's the theory that keeps people claiming that the changes have done nothing to stop RWTing.

I've visited several different sites advertising Runescape gold and Runescape items. The ones that have actually mentioned how they transfer the items do it through farming the gold with your character. So, they require your runescape character name, password and bank pin. Some of them also require that you are members before they will do it for you.

I have not yet seen one that says "Pay us and meet us in Bounty Hunter to do the trade."

Now, while Jagex admits that they cannot STOP RWTing, what they have done is cripple it. They have also removed the incentive that caused RWTers to create accounts using stolen credit cards because the money saved up on those accounts will be lost. That was the reasoning behind changing wildy, either stop the rwters and the chargebacks on the stolen cards or shut down Runescape. It is quite interesting just how difficult it is to get this point across.

What MIGHT have been witnessed is a transfer of items from a gathering type account (although why they would have FULL guthix before trading it out is rather suspect) to a main account, although I doubt it. Such a transfer method might also be used to transfer an expensive set of items to a friend or clan mate.