The Runecrafting Guild-The Great Orb Project + Tab RC times

hatebringer

My inventory setup is the same as yours but with fire, chaos, and nature rune stacks. I also have a pile of tokens.

I fill up my pouces then let the essence stack in my inventory. When I'm winning, I usually have a full inventory of essence (with full pouches) at the start of the fire altar, so I use an inventory of essence there for 3x fires. I let the essence stack up at the end of the fire and body altars, and craft an inventory essence at the chaos altar (where I can craft 2x chaos). From then on, the chaos and nature altar essence, as well as the essence in my pouches, are made into nature runes.

Further game experimenting may let me cut out the Fire altar entirely, but in most round I'd be wasting over 10 essence by doing this. The game is interesting because the essence you get per round is entirely unpredictable, and you need to make quick decisions.

The formula for tokens earned per game is: 1000 minus the amount of rounds lost or tied.

Your guide is a fantastic basic guide...amazing for one day. Future guides may include more information on essence per round as well as detailed observations of where orbs get stuck and where you need to be to move them. One thing you could add right now is a picture and description of each altar, as well as tips for playing it successfully.

2496 Completionist

I think TipIt should have an unofficial Great Orb Minigame world and color (as long as its yellow).

well iv started up a great orb team on tipit if thats of any interest, heres link

viewtopic.php?f=112&t=756756

excellent guide! gave me some good information and tactics during games. one thing u could mention is place holders for runes, thats one thing i do and helps runes from going everywhere ::'

jack_harwk.png

Sometime I'm going to write a bit about the common problem spots in getting orbs around obstacles, and the best ways of dealing with them.

In the mean time, I'll just use your guide. It's nicely done, though it does need more stuff added to be a great one (but as it's new that's perfectly fine).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Good guide. Very good way you put the tactics in. :thumbup:

You should add some pictures on the omni taliasman/tiara/staff. (Prehaps point out how pointless the staff is?)

Maybe some pictures of the full robes set would be nice.

As for Tablet RuneCrafting. I love it. Never going back to the old ways again! (Unless its [hopefully won't be] nerfed.)

The minigame is not very boring to me, I find it enjoyable and the idea of pure profit, keeps me going. (By gathering my own ess from the game and the tablets.)

Good guide overall, add the points I mentioned and it could be a prefect guide.

Well done. :thumbup:

I got a couple helpful little hints for this.

Helpful Hint #1 - I always wear an explorers ring. It has 3 energy charges each day which can be helpful and also, it occasionally crafts double of some runes, I think just elemental runes.

Helpful Hint #2 - I bank after each run. I just wear a glory or something else that teleports me right next to bank such as a ring of dueling but only if you don't have access to an explorers ring. Every time, I go to the bank, I grab a full inventory of essence and also fill up all my pouches. You can craft all the ones in your inventory at the air altar as soon as you get in the game and then save the pouches for the nature altar. You do not need to get the essence in the game to get the double exp, you still get double exp on essence you bring in.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Fantastic guide to be honest. 11/10 Just because i'm kind :thumbsup:

Note that the Omni-talisman is members only due to its need of nature death and blood talismans.

Don't forget the Cosmic Talisman!

And I think that the omni gives upto 13K experience rather than 11k. I'll have to double check.

EDIT: 13,606 exp for all the talismans.

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg