~~ The Smashing Pumpkins ~~

sibmaster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got really into them about the time they released Zeitgeist last year. I don't really have any particularly favourite albums, although I don't really think they ever did anything better than Mellon Collie or Siamese Dream.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I got really into them about the time they released Zeitgeist last year. I don't really have any particularly favourite albums, although I don't really think they ever did anything better than Mellon Collie or Siamese Dream.

Mellon Collie in my opinion is their best album =P

im listening to it now, Cupid De Locke =P

Not a big fan. I think the lead singer has a bit of a whiney voice in most tracks I've listened to. Admittedly I like some of the softer songs by them.

That's just the lead singers (Billy Corgan) way of singing, i think it's very unique, it mesmorises me XD

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

• 2 weeks later...

Made this a sticky and slightly unconventional Champion Your Band entry. If I see anymore decent posts like this made on bands I might just nominate them to be CYB entries and sticky them for a bit, probably easier.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Nice one, Sib, finally got it stickied =)

Assassin, are you going to take down the Ayreon one that had all the posts before the rollback that all got deleted? Depressing, I know, now it's postless =( I liked that one too.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Anyone hear the new Pumpkins song that they recorded for GH:WT? It's called G.L.O.W.

Pretty good.

i REALLY want to hear that.

is it on youtube ?

A couple crappy bad quality versions are up, but I think they posted it on their website. I'm not sure though.

I heard it on the radio.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Anyone hear the new Pumpkins song that they recorded for GH:WT? It's called G.L.O.W.

Pretty good.

i REALLY want to hear that.

is it on youtube ?

A couple crappy bad quality versions are up, but I think they posted it on their website. I'm not sure though.

I heard it on the radio.

I heard it a couple of days ago, and my word, its amazing

cant wait to be playing it on GH4 ::'

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I didn't know Today was about suicide. :o Never looked atlyrics, but it's obvious.

Surprised you didn't include a Bullet with Butterfly wings, since that is probably their most well-known one.

You wouldnt tell if you just listened to the song would you lol

And tbh i thought that "Today" would have been their most well known, but i will add in "bullet with butterfly wings"

EDIT: Sticky Updated

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Just wondering if you saw the "single" released today on iTunes. ;)

G.L.O.W. and Superchrist (which I think is just as good or even better than G.L.O.W. tbh)

Enjoy.

(Yes, i know the video is very odd)

EDIT: I just realized why it sounds so familiar. The beginning is almost exactly the same as United States.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

• 2 weeks later...
I just realized why it sounds so familiar. The beginning is almost exactly the same as United States.

I see what you mean it is VERY similar. lol

I had seen it before, just i thought that a live video of their latest song was better to go in the "most recent" section ::'

However i will add it in, as they were both released around a similar time.

Very good song, better than GLOW, but GLOW is still awesome.

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

• 2 weeks later...

New Video For "G.L.O.W." Released on Dec 2nd

I Will be posting it on here on Dec 2nd. Look out for it, from looking at the stills of it i can see it will be very bizarre.

Unfortunately i havent been able to post the stills on here, but you can see them on their myspace page, and more on the official website.

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png