Private rsc servers

Nash

somebody left an ad a few hours ago about a private rsc server, my questionsare:

-jagex ban you, not like them for using these

-can your password for regular runescape be stolen

-any other thingsto be warned with

thanks :) sorry if this doesnt belong in help and advice. :oops:

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

There's no way they can steal your password, unless:

1. You use your normal Runescape password

2. It's keylogged, so don't try it if you have to download anything

Jagex really does frown upon private servers, but I don't think they can do anything legally.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Alot of them that are legit(like [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] etc)will have keyloggers or viruses. I wouldn't go on them cause even if your computer doesn't detect it, you probably will get one.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I don't think private servers are illegal, it's mainly just people learning to code the stuff. But it is illegal to charge people to play a private server.

I wouldn't go on it though, because you don't know the guy who posted it and it COULD be a keylogger/virus

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I don't think private servers are illegal, it's mainly just people learning to code the stuff. But it is illegal to charge people to play a private server.

I wouldn't go on it though, because you don't know the guy who posted it and it COULD be a keylogger/virus

They're illegal. It's copyright infringement.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

A couple of them are actual legal if they payed for the server.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

The first issue is a possible infringement of the game creators copyright. As the case of Lotus v. Borland demonstrates, recreating "methods of operation" is not a copyright infringement. Thus, emulating copyrighted material is not a breach.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

The first issue is a possible infringement of the game creators copyright. As the case of Lotus v. Borland demonstrates, recreating "methods of operation" is not a copyright infringement. Thus, emulating copyrighted material is not a breach.

This does not apply to running private servers. If they had recreated Runescape using their own code, then that is what the above statement would apply too. In the same way you can rewrite a book in your own words and it is not copyright infringement.

As far as I know, the only way it would be illegal is if the people who are running it are making any sort of profit from it. This includes any ads that they may have running on their website.

If you know what you're doing, or you know someone who knows what they are doing, then you won't get a virus/password stolen etc. Mitb is clean, but the servers are terrible. The good rsc servers are kept underground. (The ones with 70+ people online at any time, 1x exp rates etc)