Limewire problem

Skully

Hey, I recently created a new user account on my computer, when I go to use Limewire now, it just says "Starting Connection" in the bottom left corner and doesn't get better quickly like it used to, in fact it doesn't even change, therefore searches don't work.

How can I fix this please?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Lose limewire! amen to that!

I had limewire and my computer was acting all slow turns out it had 180 viruses O.O. So i'd use youconvertit. But you can still get in big time trouble for both up them up to 10,000 dollar fees if you're caught. youconvertit is easier to catch too cause it's using your computers ip more and whatnot. but hey i'd rather get free music than pay for it and well if i get caught buying the music will cost like just as much... ( not really but in my small mind it does lol )

Createyourownbanneratmybannermakerc.jpg

I had limewire and my computer was acting all slow turns out it had 180 viruses O.O. So i'd use youconvertit. But you can still get in big time trouble for both up them up to 10,000 dollar fees if you're caught. youconvertit is easier to catch too cause it's using your computers ip more and whatnot. but hey i'd rather get free music than pay for it and well if i get caught buying the music will cost like just as much... ( not really but in my small mind it does lol )

Thanks for stating the obvious!

Hey, I recently created a new user account on my computer, when I go to use Limewire now, it just says "Starting Connection" in the bottom left corner and doesn't get better quickly like it used to, in fact it doesn't even change, therefore searches don't work.

How can I fix this please?

Let me offer some real Help :evil:

When u start up limewire it will give u all this bs About why u should upgrade and crap eventually u get through that and u search for what u want in the corner u get bar graph and a little globe and a brikewall (firewall)

The bar means how strong your connection is the more bars The better your results (in theory u can still get [cabbage] from searches) anywho limewire connects to a seris of servers to get u the best connection if it cant connect the bars stay red and vice versa

There are two problems for this

A. The firewall your firewall isnt letting u limewire access the internet Thus no bars Just put it on exceptions in firewall (pm me if u dont know how)

B. It cant connect to any servers to few the servers its trying to connect to go to View then show/hide then connections and this should give u a new tab click it From here u can add delete or etc

I said there was only two problems but this might be it

You dont have enough power You might only be a user or a guest on the computer and are limited to what programs u can use this is why limewire might not connect

~kingmickez25

Kingmickez25.png

Thanks for stating the obvious!

Rofl you are ever so welcome........

Createyourownbanneratmybannermakerc.jpg

Maybe you have viruses blocking Limewire's connection too, that's what happened on someone's computer that they brought me to clean because it was not working, and neither was Windows Live messenger.

At a guess you need to update/revert JRE.

Some versions of Limewire had issues with the newer version(s) of JRE.

I would try Frostwire instead of Limewire.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

As limewire is used almost exclusively for the pirating of music and other media, discussion on how to get it working here is not allowed.

~Locked~

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!