Mail box, Marketplace

Ultimit

It would help alot of us out if we could send messages to people who are not on aat the time we are.

Also if we could trade with othere people when they are not on.

ex. I would send a trade to someone and when they get on they can offer something for my trade and then when i get on i can accept.

Or a marketplace that we can accually buy stuff from other players. This would be ideal for selling bulk of stuff like iron ore, coal, runes and ect.

i like the message idea, i think that the trade when they arnt on would be kinda complicated, and the market place idea is great also

Horus was weak, Abbadon was a fool, but I Karkan, chosen of the chaos gods, shall conquer Terra, I shall kill the false emperor. Under my blood stained banner, chaos shall rule the universe

great ideas...

with the marketplace i think ppl can make theyre own shops... (like in Lineage 2) you only stand there and someone comes and buys them (you dont need to be near the comp... putt a price and stand there lol) :)

It would help alot of us out if we could send messages to people who are not on aat the time we are

Yes it would, however, such is the nature and community of RuneScape, you would always find the minority of idiots who abuse this system.

And when you think of the more well-known players, they would be bombarded. Thus, they wouldn't know which mail is spam and which is valid. So they'd have to filter through them all.

Maybe you could only send letters to people who were on your friends list and you are on theirs.

For the marketplace idea: maybe there can be added a second story to the general store, you can give your goods to the general store ( talking option of a shopkeeper, and you can set the price and the minimum amount you have to buy, you can always talk to the shopkeeper again, and you also have a talk option with the shopkeeper that allows you to check the status of your sold products, and if you have sold something, he gives you money equal to the amount of goods you have sold x the set price in gold pieces, but he removes a 5% fee from that price, the extra story of the general store has got limited space, but you can scroll down, the store has 4 times the space as a normal general store has, and in a members world it even has 2 times more space

For the messaging it would be better for people to only message thier friends that also have them as friends to cut down on the spam.

The trading with poeple that are not on would be the same as trading with poeple who are on it would just take longer. I came up with this idea because I sell ore to people in large amounts and we have to arrange to be on at the same time. It would be more conveinent if trading could also happen this way.

I kinda like this idea, this could be a big add-on for both f2p and p2p. I think they should have it so you can write actual brief letters to someone you want to sell or buy something from. The only downfall i see of this would be less traffic on fansite forums such as tip.it. And i like tip.it so.... i'm kinda skeptic.

great ideas...

with the marketplace i think ppl can make theyre own shops... (like in Lineage 2) you only stand there and someone comes and buys them (you dont need to be near the comp... putt a price and stand there lol) :)

Auto logout on rs so it wouldn't work. Maybe something a huge house where items are bought and sold by players with pre set prieces like an Auction House ebay style.

The mailbox idea is bad. For instance, if you have an enemy, he could create an account to spam your mailbox with a ton of messages while ur not there. Even if there's a friend option, it's not enough.

2480+ total

The mailbox idea is bad. For instance, if you have an enemy, he could create an account to spam your mailbox with a ton of messages while ur not there. Even if there's a friend option, it's not enough.

See you jump to conclusions early, i mean the idea hasn't even been maped out to even the slightest idea of it would work. I think if someone wants to send you a message they should only be able to send 1 message per person but the ability to edit that message until the person getting it comes online. Or even if they are able to send more then one message in a attempt to spam the person getting it would get the (watchamacallit) when a event happens that covers up your main chat screen. It might say so and so has sent you a (blank) amount of message do you wish to read them or delete.

But hey who knows.....

What I am saying is that there will be no spam between messages and trading. Both people will have to have the other person as a friend to trade or send messages, so there will be no unwanted messages or trades coming in...

There will still be a use for tip.it if you use these ideas. People will still need a forum to find out who will buy thier stuff. Like I said above BOTH people will need to have the other person as a friend so there will be no spam trades.

I think being able to msg people when they arent logged on is the one thing that runescape desperatly needs for the social aspect. Like you all said both people would need to be on eachothers friend list, so there wouldnt be spam. But this would be perfect for people with friends in clashing time zones, and are never on at the same time.

ShadowSam19.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It would help alot of us out if we could send messages to people who are not on aat the time we are

Yes it would, however, such is the nature and community of RuneScape, you would always find the minority of idiots who abuse this system.

And when you think of the more well-known players, they would be bombarded. Thus, they wouldn't know which mail is spam and which is valid. So they'd have to filter through them all.

Maybe you could only send letters to people who were on your friends list and you are on theirs.

I was thinking the same thing, but a solution to it, as you said, would be to make it like the chatting system. You could have an "On," and "Off," and a "Friends." This way, if you didn't want to recieve any mail, you could turn it off, and if you only wanted mail from friends, put it on friends. Also, to reduce to risk of spamming of mail, you could only have a limit of 50 mail items in your mailbox, and everyone could only send (you could recieve multiple at a time, but not send) one single piece of mail per 30 minutes...this will cut down on noob traders sending mail every 2 seconds saying "Wuna buy muhi ful steel armur fur 20k gpees??1?"

If my version of it was introduced, I would be one very happy scaper. :wink:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• 3 weeks later...
is there any way to let jagex staff know about this, or any place to give them suggestions? I don't believe there is a place on runescape to do this...

yes, go inot the runescape homepage, click on forums, log on, and start a new post, and if you arnt a member, the first stage is to pay $5 a month for members :lol:

Horus was weak, Abbadon was a fool, but I Karkan, chosen of the chaos gods, shall conquer Terra, I shall kill the false emperor. Under my blood stained banner, chaos shall rule the universe