Ultimate guide to Tormented Monsters 10k views

Salad

Didn't know you could mage it o_O anyways I tried the black defender (had to chuck my rune defender out =( but it's ok 2 days later and I now have all the defenders LOL) and it works fine, the black crossbow however, doesn't - weird much?

2vuhgcn.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know you could mage it o_O anyways I tried the black defender (had to chuck my rune defender out =( but it's ok 2 days later and I now have all the defenders LOL) and it works fine, the black crossbow however, doesn't - weird much?

I love you :) Thanks for information

ib7rVm.png

No black treasure trail items work.

If Black Salamander is ever made to work... which I doubt... it will become the best anticrash weapon by far.

Anyways, I got distracted by events and the fact that the coleader of my clan got kicked out and all (its a small clan right now)... and rl stuff too >.> and also getting 99 magic in pretty much a single day at rock lobs lol. So I will type up one of my anticrash methods, its a simple one where I really didn't have to do anything more after I did it.

When waiting for spawn, stand by the door and open it. When it spawns, if it goes for you, attack it then run back through the door 2 squares. Close the door and attack the wraith. When the other guy opens it, close it again. This annoyed so many people and I would usually get 30-60 damage before they were able to get through and attack again... and they'd usually just hop. I hope you can understand it.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

If Black Salamander is ever made to work... which I doubt... it will become the best anticrash weapon by far.

Anyways, I got distracted by events and the fact that the coleader of my clan got kicked out and all (its a small clan right now)... and rl stuff too >.> and also getting 99 magic in pretty much a single day at rock lobs lol. So I will type up one of my anticrash methods, its a simple one where I really didn't have to do anything more after I did it.

When waiting for spawn, stand by the door and open it. When it spawns, if it goes for you, attack it then run back through the door 2 squares. Close the door and attack the wraith. When the other guy opens it, close it again. This annoyed so many people and I would usually get 30-60 damage before they were able to get through and attack again... and they'd usually just hop. I hope you can understand it.

Um not really sure but I'm gonna try it. Also gl with 99 magic.

ib7rVm.png

Um not really sure but I'm gonna try it. Also gl with 99 magic.

Lol, I ment I spent the weekend getting 99 magic. Got 800k exp in a day at rock lobs XD

Well I've decided to camp wraith again, as I just bought a penguin mask in the GE for 2.9m :D pro ge hax pl0x. Wraith gives junk in the form of elixirs and mithril darts (p) as well, so why not. ANd while I'm at it I'm going to profit from loot... and get charms... etcetera. And even if it takes me like 40 hours to get the elixir thats at least 250k junk an hour :P

I'll make a little private video on anticrash while I'm there.

Believe it or not, finding a solo world has become really easy it seems. Every single time I go to a world thats not lootshare, its empty it seems. So its really easy to do this solo now... and its pretty good profit and charms and all.

EDIT: Think I have a new way to safespot the wraith so you don't get hit when you do. I might try it out.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

Yup, spirit shield is actually going up XD.

I tested out my new safespot, it does work. And I find it better than the skeleton rack safespot for the simple fact that you don't have to take a hit everytime, but it uses the door, so if you don't close it and reopen it every so often it can mess you up in the middle a kill -- but it won't be that bad. All you do is stand in the spot you used for your 2nd example safespot before it spawns and when it spawns you move one step north. When it reaches the wall, you step one space south and its safespotted.

Now if you step north too late, you can't just take a step north. What you should do is run 2 spots northeast, putting you north of a suit of armour. It should be safespotted now. God forbid you screw that up by running too far north on that one... if that happens diagonally safespot it on the south side of the same suit of armour or just give up and pray melee, lol XD

I'm really not sure if range or melee is faster... I think melee might be faster but more focus is required for it if you pray flash to save money. Melee is definitely cheaper if you pray flash, thats for sure. I can't test it though because I'm 99 att and str, but only 92 range. And I don't have the best gear for ranging -- I need ranger boots for that.

Oh, by the way black kite has the same range attack bonus as black defender. Though black kite has more defence I believe, so it's still better. I'm gonna be ranging there to get range exp for a long time probably unless I find that its substantially slower.. which I probably should have tested before I bought 10k black knives >.>

I was going to also test black dagger p++ but Weapon Poison p++ is [bleep]ing like crazy due to the pvp updates, making the daggers unbuyable... well, the poison at least.

I got a gravestone blessed outside the door with my Rune Defenders in so I didn't have to drop 9 of them to get a black one. :D
imagangster.png

• 3 weeks later...

Nice guide! Very simple, lots of pictures and it gets the message accross.

I noticed one or two things that could be changed. First of all, it would be nice to add a section about what you should have in your inventory (p pots, Jennica's ring, alching runes, ect...) And secondly, I noticed that in your ranged equipment section you listed the Attractor as being better than the Accumulator, when the Accumulator is actually better...

Other than that, it's a great guide!

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

I got a gravestone blessed outside the door with my Rune Defenders in so I didn't have to drop 9 of them to get a black one. :D

last i heard you didn't need to drop the rune defender, all you have to do is go into the cyclop place but do not show the lady outside the rune defender so it will automatically start at bronze..you didn't need to go to the extra trouble of dropping them or having them in a blessed grave...

OT: a very good guide, once i get lvl 85 slayer i might give this a crack, the last time i tried was when all the worlds were full..

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

last i heard you didn't need to drop the rune defender, all you have to do is go into the cyclop place but do not show the lady outside the rune defender so it will automatically start at bronze..you didn't need to go to the extra trouble of dropping them or having them in a blessed grave...

OT: a very good guide, once i get lvl 85 slayer i might give this a crack, the last time i tried was when all the worlds were full..

I tried, she said something like she remembers me and that I already have a rune defender in my bank.

Btw I'll try and get you a picture of gear with fire cape and black defender soon.

imagangster.png

Nice guide! Very simple, lots of pictures and it gets the message accross.

I noticed one or two things that could be changed. First of all, it would be nice to add a section about what you should have in your inventory (p pots, Jennica's ring, alching runes, ect...) And secondly, I noticed that in your ranged equipment section you listed the Attractor as being better than the Accumulator, when the Accumulator is actually better...

Other than that, it's a great guide!

Um ye, inventory pic. I've just started a trip so I should be able to get one. Also thanks for that information, credited.

ib7rVm.png

About how long does a trip last and how long does a kill take?

Oh lala o.o trips last foreever if you melee, and I would say 2-3 hours with 1k black knifes if you pick up? If you melee they drop p pots and if you pray flash too, you will probably leave p pots on flooor because of no room.

And a kill takes about, 45-60 secs not potted at my levels with melee, and with range about 45-60 not potted on accurate, 30-45 secs potted and 30 secs on rapid.

ib7rVm.png

wraithmelee.png

wraithmage.png

There ya go. :P Just need to sort the mage gear's weight. Also you could use chaos gauntlets for maging but I think Crumble Undead is probably the best spell.

It's a good idea to bring a Dragon Battleaxe if meleeing.

EDIT: I think Black Claws are best for mage but it won't make much difference.

imagangster.png

Thanks to this guide I got 2 spirit shields in 14 kills 8-) ! Well, luck helped a little ::'

Sold them when they were 300k each. phr33 $$ :mrgreen:

EDIT: I tested fire wave and it is very effective, consistent 15+ hits

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Thanks to this guide I got 2 spirit shields in 14 kills 8-) ! Well, luck helped a little ::'

Sold them when they were 300k each. phr33 $$ :mrgreen:

EDIT: I tested fire wave and it is very effective, consistent 15+ hits

First, gratz on the shields :D and secound, is it cost-efficience? I mean will you make a pretty good profit?

ib7rVm.png

That's true, at the time money didn't matter to me 8-) , but fire wave would be 300+ per cast, crumble undead is obviously more cost efficient :thumbup:

Good point.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

• 3 weeks later...